Madcatz TE1 Questions

Hi guys.

I have some questions about the TE1 fight stick.

I have seen a SF4 one that I am interested in. But I would be getting it to be a modded custom stick. So I wanted to know if you can remove the white side panels. And if you did does the sides of the stick look decent without them.

There is a red bezel around the art work. Can that be left off and if it can, is there a groove or something that will look ugly without it. Or does it serve any purpose other than a cosmetic one.

Is the artwork stuck down or does it just lift up when the plexi is removed. ( I have seen images on Google where there is a clear plexi over the art work. But some make it seem like the original artwork isn’t under a plexi, making it seem the clear plexi is an aftermarket piece perhaps.)

Google images brings up many images labeled TE1 that aren’t the TE1. So trying to figure this out just by looking at random pictures is irritating the crap out of me.

So if anybody has a TE1 and doesn’t mind, could you please post some pics here of the stick with the side panels off, if they are removable. And what it looks like without the red bezel.

And lastly, I have found Arcade World UK. They have the buttons I am looking for. But they don’t do to much in the way of custom ball tops. So does anybody know somewhere in the UK that I can get some sweet balls. It has to be the UK as I am in another country but have a mate there who can bring them over when he visits. Importing will just screw me when I have to pay duties and possibly a bribe to get them released.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate any help on this.

You can remove the side panels (requires disassembling the case) and bezel, but I don’t think they look that great without them. You can always get a replacement set with different colours or spray paint.

The TE Round 1 doesn’t have plexi. The artwork is on a glossy and thick sheet of paper held to the metal panel with tape. It peels off without much hassle.

Remember that there are different versions of the “TE1”; there’s the TE Round 1, TE Round 2 (Not the same as the TE2), and the TE-S which has a full artwork panel and no bezel as well as different shaped side panels.

Thanks.

I managed to find a video on YT about this. And then stumbled on a company that makes replacement plexis which cleared it up.

I like the TE:S. The bigger artwork is what gets me. And the TE round one looks cool with the side panels I suppose. Will have to see it in person to make a final decision. But while I have been researching this I have decided what I plan on doing if I take the stick. I will probably have the side panels sprayed black to match the box. And grab different colored ones off Ebay if I ever decided to. Then I will have a new piece of steel cut for the top to cover the full top surface. And remove the turbo and home button area so that I can have a full top artwork piece. Then replace the lock switch and home button on the back next to the Back and Start buttons. And finish it up with some clear buttons. Then as the artwork changes I will change the rings of the buttons to maybe color code it all. And have the artwork carry on through the clear buttons. Or maybe have some onomatopoeia like kapow and crack logos in the buttons. It seems the hardest part though is finding some cool ball tops.

You should still be able to get replacement side panels from the Mad Catz store. I have black ones which came on my MVC2 TE Round 2.

If you want to get rid of the Turbo panel, you can just get a replacement plexi from Tek-Innovations. They have an option to not cut the hole for the Turbo area. This requires you to remove the top panel and unscrew the turbo board to remove it.

However I don’t think there’s enough clearance to add a new button to the back of the case; there could be but it’d be a bitch to install. You might have to go for something smaller than the standard 24mm.

Check Focus Attack. They have an assortment of ball tops.

I have a TE1 but it has been modded and I have changed the side panels with pink ones I got from the mad catz store awhile back and I have also replace the bezel with a clear one

Stier, any chance of you posting a side pick of the TE1 without the side panels. And it seems the TE:S side panels will fit the TE:1 Round One sticks. Is that correct.

TE S panels work with Round 1 and 2 cases and vice versa.