Madcatz TE2 Chun-li down right issues

Hey quite randomly my down right input on my te2 will think it’s just right input instead, going so far as to me holding down right and for my character to be just be walking right instead for several seconds. For someone reason I tested the left side and its perfect compared to the right.

I’ve only opened up the stick before to store the wire and haven’t modded it all yet. What could possibly be the issue for this.

Download Joytokey.
Set the processing speed to X16 (important)
Then install Elite Keyboards switchhitter.
Bind joytokey joystick inputs to key commands.
Then test the joystick directions and look for repeated double inputs and “keychatter”.
Find out if you have flaky microswitches.

Flaky microswitches can be fixed by opening the switch and spraying Deoxit D5 on the contacts where the metal comes together.

Thanks for the help, the switchhitter detected a lot of keychatter coming from the down right inputs,
would it be a good idea to just replace the microswitch all together or to buy the deoxit D5 and try to fix it?

You can’t replace the microswitch without soldering as it’s attached to a PCB. The whole TP-MA assembly would have to be replaced. And while you can do that, eventually the new one might also develop chatter, as this happens when foreign particles or anything inpure gets between the contact points. Cherry switches on the IL joysticks are simply screwed into the housing and then attached using quick disconnects.
It’s probably best to get the Deoxit D5, as Deoxit is VERY useful in more ways than one. You can use it on a lot of components! You can only use a joystick microswitch on one thing.

If you open up the switch, which you can do right now, you will see two contact points when the plunger is pushed down, where they come together. Its’ that contact that creates a signal. If it’s chattering then it means there is dirt or residue between the two points touching it. Unless the material is horribly corroded, there’s a VERY big chance that wiping it with a lint free cloth and Deoxit on the contacts while wiping, will make it work perfectly. You can leave the deoxit spray remaints in the switch and it will continue to lube the switch and not dry out for a very long time, so you would only wipe out the excess that would drip out of the switch.

You will want to do all four microswitches just for good measure. My Qanba Q4 switch that was chattering that I used Deoxit on, is working perfectly ever since then, and I just tested it again today. No chatter whatsoever.

Yes, if Deoxit didn’t fix the problem, you would need a new TP-MA assembly, but it’s VERY rare for Deoxit to not work.

Make sure your stick is set to DP, having it set on the analogs sometimes makes the inputs weird, especially for fighting games.

The switch is at fault.

His issue has nothing to do with the analog selector. Chatter from switches will act identically whether or not it’s on analog or DP. If a switch is fully clean on DP and you switch to analog, you will still have no “key chatter” (assuming you are using Joytokey and Switchhitter to test inputs).

Depends, his down right is at fault he said, that’s 2 switches so either his down or right or both are at fault, unless he meant both the down and right microswitches.

Good point at least to mention that: he needs to test EACH Direction independently, not diagonals. Only test the 4 main directions. Up, down, right and left. Not combinations, as you are trying to test individual microswitches one by one.

Okay thanks for the clarification here, Deoxit D5 seems to be the way to go.

I’m slightly confused on where to spray here, I should be spraying both the plunger and the red knobs shown here correct? http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/4215-thickbox_default/sanwa-replacement-tp-ma-pcb-assembly.jpg

The stick has been set to dp yes.

I hope that your problem gets solved with cleaning… if not…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9sWyH49lP4 :slight_smile:

Nonono,
you open the microswitch. It’s connected by a top cover over a bottom cover. you just use your fingernails and pry the top right off and it comes off quite easily. Just apply even pressure and get around the gap, as they are not glued or anything. Just make sure the TPMA PCB is flat so nothing falls out. It’s extremely easy (you open Cherry microswitches the exact same way).

When you open the switch, press the red plunger and you will see the contact point and how the “click” is made. That contact point is what needs to be cleaned. It will be two opposing lever spots coming together, bridging the gap and creating a closed circuit. The plunger (when the switch is closed) pushes one of the levers down.

So you will use a lint free cloth with deoxit or some thin device to get between the contacts and clean them and then put a coating of deoxit on, get it all cleaned up, maybe do it a 2nd time, and then put the cover back on.

you’ll probably have to remove the red plunger to clean the switch (be careful as its easy to lose it). If it falls out, just put it back in, with the “butt” side going inside the switch and the thinner side poking out (like in the pics).