Making a SF4 Fightpad to Fightstick

I have been looking around, and seen that it is actually quite cheap to just MAKE your own fightstick as opposed to buying one…I have a Fightpad just laying around and want to use that pcb to make my fightstick.

The only problem I have is a slight understanding of the common ground etc. I have seen a few pictures showing those diagrams but I was wondering if anyone had any pictures that I could easily see the buttons and the grounds on a terminal strip or something along those lines. I guess the daisy chaining? as it is called is what confuses me.
Please and very much thanks; as this is my birthday present to myself and would love some assistance in knowing how to get all this done once I get my parts.

Sorry for the wall of text.

I plan on using Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbutton buttons, and a Happ 8-Way Competition Joystick from lizardlick… Is that a good joystick for 9 dollars? or should I definitely shell out more money for some of the more pricey ones. if not the One shown before I was going to get the Sanwa JLW-UM-8 Bat Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way.

Sort of subtly asking for which ones better in terms of joysticks. I am not thinking I can really go to wrong for my button choice besides whether I like convex or concave buttons

Check this page. You should find all the wiring stuff you need (it’s in the stickies btw).

http://slagcoin.com/joystick/introduction.html

As for saving money making a stick, unless you already have a lot of tools and some woodworking experience, you probably won’t save money.

I would not recommend the Happ joystick you selected. If you really want an American style stick, get a iL Competition Joystick. The Happ ones are now Chinese made and of low quality. I personally recommend the Sanwa JLF over an American style one, but it’s all a matter of preference.

Yeah I looked at that slagcoin page prior to posting and It sort of made sense. I was just hoping to see maybe more actual wiring pictures if anyone had them

You can usually go to the “Check out my stick!” thread to find in-stick shots.