Makoto changes for AE 2012
• From 1000 to 950 health (back to Super value)
• Fukiage damage for LP, MP, HP from 100 to 90, EX from 140 to 120
• EX Karakusa has less ranage
• st.HK has a lower extended hitbox
• Target Combo 1′s st.MK can be cancelled, like the normal version
• Tanden Renki (Super Combo) is 3 seconds londer
• neutral j.MP has a forward extended hitbox, hurtbox
• Hayate have improved properties on charge
• LP Lv3, Lv4 and MP Lv4 have further forward movement, all Lv4 strengths are -2 on guard
• All Lv5 strengths are armor break, further forward movement, from 170 to 190 damage
• Can tell when you reach Lv5 charge timing by Makoto’s voice
My thoughts about her nerfs:
I can live with the health nerf since we basicly just go back to AE on that, but Im really disappointed with the Fukiage nerf. Unlike most anti-airs its not usable as a reversal and it doesnt have any invincibility on it and now it does even less damage. Although it has a great hitbox I find this change unnecessary. Also the EX karakusa range nerf makes me want to rage, since its range is pathetic as it is. A character with a decent walk speed can walk outside of its range from it from almost point-blank! The st HK nerfs is probably to prevent people using that as a anti-air instead of her Fierce fukiage. Anywayz, its better than having your overhead property removed on a crucial safe jump move (right Gouki?)
My thoughts about her buffs:
-Who the F uses super?
-The only time I use a lvl 4 or lvl 5 charged hayate is when the opponent is stunned and know that he’s not mashing like crazy, wich is probably the case in 1 percent of all matches.
Overall Im pretty sad about her nerfs, but she has received so much buffs from super to AE that I knew that she was going to be nerfed. She’s pretty much the same but EX karakusa will be somewhat harder to land. Not complaining, just a little sad, but at least we didnt get +2 recovery on our forward throw (right Gouki?).