Makoto's worst match ups?

makoto

Although I am not a primary makoto player I still would like to know from other people’s insights on who they think makoto’s worst match ups are and why? as in what makes it difficult for you to win with makoto against whoever character.

ken is a bitch

ken, chun,

yun isnt as bad if you have him contained…

dudley will cause some problems…

chun is the ultimate bitch, and ken is either tied or comes in a close second

remy and akuma get owned for free =)

akuma is kinda hard sometimes unless you get a lucky grab

so I have so far ken and chun. Once again my primary character is Yun and also why is it that ken and chun are a battle for her?

Prolly cause Ken and Chun, are top tier. I thinks they give every character serious problems just about.

Okay I’m looking for a little more that “because they are top tier” as in what are YOUR experiences on the difficulties in the match ups. Discuss

they got good pokes that can keep her out, meaning she can’t dash in, those pokes are easy link-able to supers, etc.

Ive found Chun Li to not be as big of a problem as Ken.

Chun Li I usally just rush down until she gets meter, then just play it safe. Not an easy fight, but its a little more strait forward.

With Ken, he can rush you down all day and there isnt a whole lot you can do back at him. Outside of baiting SRK’s, its tough to get an opening becuase he can stop pretty much anything you have. I try to cach him while he is dashing with a sweep and just poke out of range and hope something opens up.

Ive had the best success just turtling and waiting it out. Punishing jump ins and dashing under when I get too close to the corner. Maybe I should rush down more. :expressionless:

So Id say Ken is #1 toughest match up for me. Every tournament Ive lost its been to a ken. :lol:

haunts so to the makoto players and challengers what are some anti-air’s that she has for people like ken yun and yang? or does she have any? once again I am a Yun player and I am just trying to help my own strats on match ups. I know that I just can’t try to put a strat of my own just off of your post, I am a strong beliver of you gotta experience it your self thing. I just want to know other peeps thoughts and experiences and what about Urien how is that match up for Makoto as well?

I personally think a well timed C. RH is one of her best anti airs. Mix it up with standing and air-to-air forward (mk) and they should have a tough time jumping in on you. If they are just jumping and not dive kicking, I would suggest trying to dash under them and sweep or c.short xx SAI. Jump strait up and do rh and that stops most air to airs.

I think Urien vs Makoto is makotos favor but you cant take Urien too lightly. You should be able to out poke him with c.mk alone, but if you get careless and he puts you in the corner, its lights out. Just pressure him and dont get close to the corner either way. One throw into the corner could mean death and a good Urien will keep you there at all costs.

I personally think a well timed C. RH is one of her best anti airs. Mix it up with standing and air-to-air forward (mk) and they should have a tough time jumping in on you. If they are just jumping and not dive kicking, I would suggest trying to dash under them and sweep or c.short xx SAI. Jump strait up and do rh and that stops most air to airs.

I think Urien vs Makoto is makotos favor but you cant take Urien too lightly. You should be able to out poke him with c.mk alone, but if you get careless and he puts you in the corner, its lights out. Just pressure him and dont get close to the corner either way. One throw into the corner could mean death and a good Urien will keep you there at all costs.

wow now another question I have a problem landing this combo. SAIIxx dash xx uppercut xx super jump fierce. it’s the super jump part if you know what i mean as far as getting in the right height and range for the fierce.

and what about urien’s crouching forward against makoto’s. Does Uriens crouchin forward totally get snuffed by the forward or what?

Hmm… I dunno, i never really had a problem landing the SJ focus on SAII is make sure eveything is “tight”. What I mean by part… Im assuming you should just do it sooner. The thing to that is dash as early as possible and dont do the DP too late (unless you’re looking to do crazy resets and shit after the DP, but thats something different). Tighten everything up and it shouldnt be too hard to land everytime. That can be said for all combos int he game, but its pretty crucial for SAII becuase it has a lot of different parts that need to line up.

Im not expert on frame data, but form what Ive seen makoto’s c.fwd pretty much beats most pokes, and im pretty sure it snuffs uriens c.fwd.

Wow I see. Do you know of any thread were I can look up frame data as far as me learning to read frames and what not and what characters do you play Mr. Haunts?

karathrow.com i think

and i heard the SF3 guide by bradey has frame data but i dunno.

I have trouble vs. the twins (really Yun actually but I’m just saying in general). Chun I usually don’t worry as much about as Ken.

Gandido: I never knew you played 3s :expressionless:

anyway, use SA1, parry their divekicks, karakusa, or just parry, jab, dash under, do what you want c.lk xx super is possible too. Anyway: make sure you got them on the ground, once you get a c.lk xx hayate in, do the super :0 They will probably lose alot of life, if they aren’t KO. And when they activate Genei Jin then you have to do what everyone does: get hit

I don’t play anything. I randomly switch from game to game otherwise it becomes too boring.

Problem is that most of the time Yun WHIFFS dive kicks and either grabs you or hits you and that screws up your parry timing. IMO it’s just a bad matchup even though KO loses it like 100% of the time hahaha.

And even though I do pick it in this matchup, why SA1? You CAN TOD Yun after a chokegrab with SA2.