[Mar 10, 2012] CHRISMATRIX RAW SKILLS CHALLENGE! UMVC3 AND sf x tekken (brooklyn N.Y.)

The Chris Matrix Raw Skills Challenge

Come test your skills and see how good u really are in the Chrismatrix raw skills challenge. Lets see who would emerge victorious with a tournament where xfactor is not allowed. Where u have to earn your kills, combacks, and truly fight your matchups instead of relying on the security blanket known as xfactor. Nothing but great matches, true and exciting combacks and reality checks for those who will be revealed as frauds. March 10th we find out who is real and who is a fraud! This is the first of many to come Chrismatrix concept tournaments. Will the players on top still emerge victorious??? Winner also gets free entry to curleh mustache 3 on the 31st hosted by BT IFC Yipes and yours truly Chrismatrix.

4013 8th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11232

FEES:
$10 Venue Fee
$10 ENTRY for Ultimate MvC3
$10 ENTRY For SSF4 Arcade Edition

Payout:
70/20/10 for 1st,2nd, and 3rd
1st Place gets FREE ENTRY to Curleh Mustache 3 on the 31st hosted by BT IFC Yipes Chrismatrix.

RULES:
UMvC3- For marvel a 2 choices are presented.

1. Pop xfactor in the beginning of the match and let it drain then commence fighting starting from the neutral position
  2. start the match as normal and be disciplined enough to not use your xfactor by habit.
    The choice will be among the 2 contestants at the time. If they don’t agree then a coin will be tossed to see which method will be in play.
    IN THE EVENT XFACTOR IS POPPED THE ROUND IS AWARDED TO THE OTHER CONTESTANT. NO ARGUMENT!! SO CHOOSE YOUR METHOD WISELY!!

SPECIAL BOUNTIES ON FC CHRIS G. IF HE DOES NOT MAKE IT TO WINNERS FINALS OR LOSERS FINALS(MEANING HE CANNOT MAKE IT TO EITHER)THEN $50 BUCKS WILL BE AWARDED TO THE PLAYERS($25 EACH, IT HAS TO BE A JOINT THING) WHO STOP HIM.

A.E 2012- No Ultras or Fadc. Ex Special Moves and Supers are still available

UMvC3 Tournament and Stream Commentary Thread

lol o wooooooooooooooow, this shud b entertaining

btw u might wanna add info like, where, when, how pot will b split etc

Lol he’s actually running the raw skill tourney. I’ll try my best to be there. I support Chris Matrix concept matches

Yo good shit, this sounds pretty interesting. I like the idea of just not using x-factor, I wanna see how many games are given away because of it.

Xaqshinor has a point. I suggest just draining x-factor in the beginning of the match. A choice between methods will always favor someone, so might as well just establish one rule.
BTW, I’m in there.

I honestly think we should just play it out and not use xfactor. The beginning of the match too important to skip

been waiting for someone to do the no xfactor thing, i was hoping people would have the balls to agree to it on the evo big stage last year but there’s always this year.

Chris how you mispell your own name lol.

Otherwise sounds pretty interesting

in there!

IMO just ignore xfactor. against lameout teams (which are coincidentally stronger since you cant xf and negate chip), taking time off the clock and removing the beginning of round shenanigans is just too much

I’m in there tho, this looks like alot of fun

(and an ample opportunity to expose myself as a fraud)

This concept tournament actually made me excited to watch marvel. Hope it turns out to be a success. Also, I agree with everyone who says to just play the match out and restrain themselves from using x-factor. The beginning of the round is way too important in a game like marvel.

Use X Factor, lose a character. Sometimes when you’re in the moment you just forget after having played this game so long a certain way.

very true but discipline my friend discipline. Everyone definitely has time to practice before and u can pre pop xfactor if u want. If u just lose a character there will be controversy over what the xfactor character has done damage wise already. I go with pre popping. Matches start out fair and it makes u have to actually learn matchups and get in on a lot of keep away type teams and also how to get more than 1 hit.

Well here is the thing, there are always keep away teams in marvel games and we had to take the time to figure them out and learn to get in on them without getting hit by everything. Its not easy but against keep away teams your not dying in one hit so you are GOING to take some chip damage. It will make u a better player. here is an example of that. Watch starting at 3:21 [media=youtube]kFEQ8hcD7qU[/media]. Now with all the more options to open people up in the marvel 3 series, this is quite possible.

For sure. the matches I’ve played with kevin and chris make me play alot smarter and more patient than I would normally (since I’m a nut). I’m good with whatever really, its good for the EC that this playstyle is around again and being played well

Poor Jean. . . how is she going to destroy whole planets without xfactor!?

HAHAHA

I’m in there!

One funny concept though, should we pause combat once in a while so Wesker could put his shades back on? lol

LMAO extra points if he does it in a combo