Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Tournament - Seattle, WA - 2/19/11

Where:

Sixth Avenue Inn, 2000 Sixth Avenue Seattle, Washington 98121, United States
2000 Sixth Avenue Seattle, Washington 98121, United States - Google Maps

What:

Since this is the first event, and also launch week for MVC3, we will only be running that. SSF4 will be added for the next event.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 singles
Double-elimination format
Entry fee: $5.00
Payouts for top 3 (70/20/10)
Each match is best 2/3 games
Winners/Losers/Grand finals are best 3/5
Winner must keep same team. Loser can switch characters.

When:

Saturday, February 19th
Sign-ups will begin around 6:30pm
Tournament starts at 8:00pm sharp

Venue Details:

We will have the bar area available to us for the tournament. Unfortunately, minors are not allowed there, so the tournament will be 21 and up only. The restaurant will be open while we are there, so we can’t take it over. I will try and work something out for the younger folks, but for the first event this is how it’s gonna have to be.

There is an entrance on 6th Ave that leads directly into the restaurant. You should use that if you are coming and going. There will be hotel guests and customers for the bar/restaurant around, so be respectful of them.

Parking is available on the street (free after 6pm) and the hotel lot. If you do park in the parking lot, make sure you register your car at the bar.

The bar and kitchen will be fully staffed while we are there. They are offering us a special on beer, wine and well drinks for $3(!). There will also be a special food menu with cheap eats (I will add the full menu to the post when I got it). They want to cater to us, and are willing to take requests on food or drinks (they are already getting Stella just for us).

Sales of food and drink are what allows us to use the hotel. They are not charging a venue fee or taking part of the pot. The food is good, and the prices they are giving us are pretty nuts, so please spend money. I will be pushing really hard on this point.

Concerning outside food, I’d hope that people would take advantage of the food at the venue. However, the hotel also has said they don’t like the perception that a bunch of people in their restaurant and bar area with McDonald’s bags gives them. If you do leave to get food, please eat it there. Do not bring it back to the venue.

There is also a facebook event for this tournament. If you are on fb, forward this to anyone you think might be interested.

Event Page

Update:

There is some parking in the lot, but it is limited. Try and take advantage of the street parking as much as possible.

Lastly, you’ll need to bring your own sticks, but you guys already know that :wink:

Hope to see everyone there!