3rd - Twilight Fox [KC]
4th - AxioM [KC]
5th - Zer0 [KC]
5th - ???

Smash Bros. Melee
1st- Z
2nd- DMac

Fixed.

Good shit to everyone who came out and supported this. It was good times, good peeps, but in the end it was just too frrrraaaaayyyyy!:party:

gogo Stl!

Team Fray 4 life.

SuperFX Number one Sir Edmond Honda in the tourney.

Good Shit to the 5,000 Boxer players that were there. Thanks for the free wins.

Good shit to Kurasa for the rematch. Sorry I got you again.

Good shit to Ben-Ra for hosting me and Rex. Sorry I got you again.

Bad Shit to Fate, who has cursed me to never be top 3, even if I’m always top 8.

Good repping from all the cities out there.

Shiiiit, where was all them snack vouchers MM’s going on at? I wanted in on some.

good shit for holding this down KC. Great venue, over at a decent hour(word?), etc.

Kong- gs taking out jay wow.

Jay- gs on losing…we was supposed to cut the cake together :frowning:

NKI- just a matter of time i suppose…

Ben-ra- yooo good look on the housing. Hella comfy.

Everybody else, lets do it again soon! Aerial rave lets go.

oh and good shit to terrorofdeath, someone in kc who actauly plays marvel dayum.

Street Fighter IV (33 Entries)

1st - Rex0r (Boxer/Blanka) [STL]
2nd - TwilightFox (Chun-Li) [KC]
3rd - JJJ (Blanka) [STL]
4th - NKI (Dictator) [STL]
5th - Chris Wright (Boxer) [KC]
5th - Kaal (Dictator/Guile) [STL]
7th - Ben-Ra (Boxer) [KC]
7th - Chachi (Ryu/Boxer) [KC]
9th - Ekie [Wichita]
9th - Cookie [Arkansas]
9th - SuperFX [STL]
9th - Jesse [KC]
13th - Boxbrosg [KC]
13th - Kurasa [STL]
13th - Radian [KC]
13th - Matt [KC]
17th - AxioM [KC]
17th - JC [KC]
17th - Lyquid [KC]
17th - Jude [Wichita]
17th - Trivosomer [Joplin, MO]
17th - Masaki [KC]
17th - Tim Barnes [Tulsa, OK]
17th - Jerome [KC]
25th - CPHame [Wichita]
25th - AngelxTeddy [STL]
25th - Danvalanche [KC]
25th - Doom [KC]
25th - Jesserugi [KC]
25th - Michael Jackson [Tulsa, OK]
25th - Weeks [Joplin, MO]
25th - Malcolm [KC]

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

1st - JJJ (Yun/Ryu) [STL]
2nd - Chachi (Ken/Chun-Li) [KC]
3rd - Rex0r (Chun-Li/Ken) [STL]
4th - Kurasa [STL]
5th - Z [KC]
5th - DMAC [KC]
7th - Boxbrosg [KC]
7th - Kaal [STL]

HD Remix

1st - NKI (Dictator) [STL]
2nd - Rex0r (Blanka) [STL]
3rd - JJJ (Guile) [STL]
4th - Chachi (Ryu) [KC]
5th - Boxbrosg [KC]
5th - SuperFX [STL]
7th - DMAC [KC]
7th - Jesserugi [KC]
9th - Cookie [Arkansas]
9th - Jude [Wichita]

Guilty Gear Accent Core

1st - SuperFX (May/Johnny) [STL]
2nd - AxioM (Sol) [KC]
3rd - ExMortis (Bridget/Potemkin) [KC]
4th - Boxbrosg (Venom) [KC]
5th - Eugene (Testament) [KC]
5th - Rex0r (May) [STL]
7th - Radian (Dizzy) [KC]
7th - ArkiveZero (Testament) [KC]
9th - Darryl [KC?]
9th - Tim Barnes [Tulsa, OK]
9th - Zer0 [KC]
9th - Jesus [Tulsa, OK]

Tekken 5 DR

1st - AxioM (Eddy) [KC]
2nd - Ekie (Raven/Jack-5) [Wichita]
3rd - Eugene (Panda/Anna) [KC]
4th - Boxbrosg (Christie) [KC]
5th - CPHame (Jin/DevilJin) [Wichita]
5th - Michael Jackson [Tulsa, OK]
7th - Doom [KC]
7th - Jesus [Tulsa, OK]
9th - Trivosomer [Joplin, MO]
9th - ???

Soul Calibur 4

1st - Michael Jackson [Tulsa, OK]
2nd - Tim Barnes [Tulsa, OK]
3rd - Twilight Fox [KC]
4th - AxioM [KC]
5th - Zer0 [KC]
5th - ???
(This is from memory, this bracket was missing)

Super Smash Bros Melee
[Didn’t run this, don’t have the bracket, but if I remember correctly]

1st - Z [KC]
2nd - DMAC [KC]
… I will have to figure out the rest.

Thanks to all who came out, shoutouts later.

That venue was actually pretty awesome.

Good shit to everyone involved in running the tourney, and good games to everyone I played. :tup:

gg’s to all. tourament was mad fun~ YOU HOU!!!

btw, missing half of the cake = :grrr:…lol

gg all, it was a pretty great tourney for kc. It’s a shame we didn’t have time for sf4 teams, maybe next time axiom will give up being amish :stuck_out_tongue: and also shit will start when it’s supposed to, and there won’t be like 6 unused setups all the time. Still, good job on making it happen.

Kong - you are officially #1 kc player. Who you been playing to get so good? Maybe I need to play them too. I fuckin’ haaaate chun, I need a goddamn alt who can take her out. As far as I can tell she owns rog hard, but then the finals happened…

Kaal - gg again, one of these days I’m gonna take you out instead of vice versa. Keep workin’ on that top 3.

Sean - your Cammy is solid, it was looking pretty bad for me after the first game. Rough match. Don’t expect to get free ultras next time though.

SuperFX aka “Paul” - Epic match. I started to read your Oicho ticks by the end, work on some counters and baits.

Glad to see some old homies like Peter from Wichita and of course the illustrious Dr Ben Weeks, we need to play more for real. Weeks your rog was looking really good, better than mine I think, but it was your first time on that stick and I saw you missing shit left and right. You definitely would have won some of those otherwise.

Definitely a fun tourney, and probably the biggest turnout kc has had for anything in years. Good shits.

EDIT: oh yeah and who is Chris Wright? Does he post on the boards? I didn’t catch his matches but must be pretty solid to get 5th. Nice that kc at least took half of top 8, considering the out of town comp that showed.

It was awesome. Way better tournament experience than the GS tourney. I only wish I had the money for going to Vegas for EVO. I want to get better. My buddies in FL can’t exactly play me anymore.

This tournament was DY-NO-MITE!!! Good shit to everyone ('CEPT FOR JESSE FOR CHEESIN UP THE GOUKEN AGAINST ANGELxTEDDY!!! :razzy: LOL! j/k dudeP…P…P…P…PERFECT!!!)

oh yeah, that ken girl’s match was HYPE!!!..:rofl: obviously, everyone in the crowd was biased…LOL

I was playing my match while that was going on. I won it but it was kind of distracting.

The video looks bad compared to my camera that I used to film my viper training stuff on youtube. I put it on the highest res possible and it wasn’t great. next time I will use my camera since it is pretty dang close to hd.

Chris Wright doesn’t post that I know of but he has a mean boxer, he did good for his first tourney.

Good shit to:

Rex- Props on getting that bailout money in SF4, but how you gonna let me 3-0 you in 3S? :wgrin:

NKI: The Ex-President of ST getting it done with Dictator. I thought I had it figured out in the second match, but you proved otherwise. Well done.

Kong- I know you get annoyed by the Wong comparisons to your play style, but you are undoubtedly the best Chun I’ve played. I probably shoulda picked Ryu, but it’s whatever. I’ll do my best to get you back next tourney. Good shit on placing 2nd though.

Kaal- Congrats on bouncing back and placing 5th in SF4. And you’re right- I should probably quit 3S, but if picking Chun is good for at least twenty bucks at a local tourney, I might actually have to learn her.

JJJ- for finding a way to beast on me in every game. I need to find an answer for your crossup shenanigans other than staring at the screen and bitching while my character just sits there…

Paul- Good shit on winning Guilty Gear. If I don’t see you again before you move, good luck in Cali…

John- for running a kickass tourney with a pen and paper, and for making that money in Tekken.

Sean- for making me sweat with Cammy in HD Remix. Man we suck ass in that game.

Jesse, Chris, Malcolm, and Jerome- Good shit repping Lee’s Summit, get your ass out to my Tuesday night hookups so we can level up together (no homo)

Darnell and Peter- for kicking it with us after the tourney. GGs.

Clint and Le- for helping out with brackets and beasting in RE5.

Everyone else- Thanks for coming out! For those who didn’t, you suck. JK

chris w was a cool guy. Does he play on xbox? I think i told him to send me a friend request. But yeah kc u guys should start playing with chris, dude was chill and for real wants to get better.

Oh and beasting on RE5? One of our marvel players(dc1902’s lil bro) is #1 time in the world on the leaderboards, that dude is sick in re5. Beat proffesional in 1 hr 20 mins wtf.

My first tourny, lost my first match. But it was awesome nonetheless. Who the heck was my opponent playing?! I forgot who he chose as his character. sigh So clooseee… ><;;
&& someone thought I was cosplaying Sakura. Haha. That was funny.

NKI: damn man, your Dictator is rough. Good match even though you spanked my Ken(round 1 no less). Time to practice!

My turn for shout outs.

John - Running this thing and making this shit good! Taking tekken too. Good shit. Maybe we should make this a regular thing?

Clint and Le - Making the time in between matches fun as hell. Good hanging out with you guys.

Sean - Reppin the low tier and fuckin em up.

Drew - Mind fucking me with boxer. My gameplay coming in was for Ryu then BAM. Boxer. I don’t mind the Jwong comparisons at all. I’ll look forward to our next tourney match.

Ben - GGs Ben. I don’t actually play a lot of people. Just dabble online a bit, read up a few strats, and chill at John’s place. I have next to no experience against Boxer. So you should definitely rush me down more. There is an immense pressure that boxer can put on Chun up close. I definitely want to play you more for that boxer experience.

Chris W. - For adding yet another boxer to the tourney :looney:. Good shit though, coming in unknown and placing high. I definitely want to see more of you.

NKI - Taking me to losers. I had to get back my honor with our second match. GGs really great Dictator.

JJJ - For stressful matches. Shit was down to the wire. I think though if you would of sat on your lead you would of won.

Rex - For owning me hardcore. Good shit playing in all those tourneys.

All you KC peeps that showed up and making this a success. I want to see you guys on a weekly basis. Make it happen.

All of the out of towners I didn’t get to play. Hopefully I get to play you another time.

Good isht on GGAC. Sean’s Venom is the best one I seen in real life and I had to use what I determined to be a counter character (pot). Tooo lockdown. Axiom’s Sol is nothin’ like those halcyon dust loop days, mix my rusty ass up all day.
I regret that I didn’t get to play SuperFX’s May. It’s too bad 722 didn’t make it out, he woulda made me look like the “scrubby Bridget” assuming he still plays him.