Hey. I’m a fairly decent DeeJay player (I can dash ultra ingame, cr.mp) and I watch Akimo, Hatrify, and follow other DeeJay players on XBL. Whenever I see them play I never see them throw a light sonic boom on hard knockdown, such as after a fthrow. If you time it right you can force them to block. This allows a little of chip and then you have the opportunity to train your opponent. Doing this allows you to
- walkup and throw again which puts them back at square one.
- Walk forward as they are blocking, then block any counterattack and use cr.hk to punish SRK like moves.
- do a instant kshot and then throw (this is after they have become familiar with the technique.)
- Walk forward then backwards and do a st.mk.
- throw a heavy sonic boom and have it whiff then walk up and throw when they are expecting to block (when they have no meter or projectile invic reversals.)
Anyone have any other trickery?