Meaties that stop wakeup supers from coming out

I am wondering if some meaties, properly timed (maybe most?) are capable of stopping a *wakeup *super from even coming out. I was under the impression you had a tiny bit of invincibility on wakeup, like 5 frames I believe. Note that I don’t mean that the super animation started and then was stuffed, but that the super didn’t even come out at all. This recently started happening to me on Kaillera, so I thought it might be the lag and me messing up an input. Thought I would confirm if this is possible or not. (I am specifically concerned with Ken’s SA3, but any other character information is fine too.)

Kens SA3 can lose to certain things and its kind of random. I’ve seen EX mantis and all sorts of command grabs take it out.

But your question comes down to the super. But supers that are highly invincible are not going to get stuffed by meaties. Such as Yang’s SA2. It won’t happen. And if the super flash didn’t happen and you got meatied, its because the execution was off.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but The super must come out first due to the freeze frame animation of the super, right? Therefore, no super can be stuff before the super was release. That’s my theory. I could be wrong.

Popular supers:

Akuma SAI: anything
Alex SAII: supers with longer startup invincibility (Q SAI, Sean SAII)
Chun SAII: any low-mid attacks, grabs
Dudley SAI: supers with longer startup invincibility
Dudley SAIII: long-range very low attacks (Q crouching short, Chun crouching strong, etc), grabs
Elena SAII: long-distance pokes
Hugo SAI: jumping, grab
Hugo SAIII: supers with longer startup invincibility
Ibuki SAI: anything
Ken SAIII: supers with longer startup invincibility, grabs, weird random stuff
Makoto SAI: long distance low moves
Makoto SAII: anything that hits high or in the air
Necro SAI: supers with longer startup invincibility, grabs
Necro SAIII: anything
Oro SAII: anything
Q SAI: supers with longer startup invincibility (Ryu SAII, Sean SAII), grabs
Q SAII: long range low moves, air raids on Q’s head, grabs
Remy SAI: anything
Remy SAII: supers with longer startup invincibility
Ryu SAI: anything
Ryu SAII: supers with longer startup invincibility (Sean SAII)
Ryu SAIII: anything
Sean SAI: anything
Sean SAII: nothing
Sean SAIII: supers with more startup invincibility
Twelve SAI: low-mid attacks
Urien SAIII: anything
Yang SAII: supers with more startup invincibility, grabs
Yun SAIII: individual attacks have super priority, beaten by moves with startup invincibility

I’ve beaten Hugo’s SA1 with a regular grab before,I’m still confuzzled how I did it.

Don’t try to meaty through supers, just block them. Wakeup super is not a good tactic.

Yeah, ive done that too once. I dont know how i did it though. It was really weird.

if u were to back HP on kens wakeup thinking hes gonna super, but any sort of SRK will kill the meaty for sure?

I guess I might not have been clear, but I mean that the super doesn’t even come out - no flash, nothing. I don’t lose meter, I basically get off the ground and get meatied. Some one said that the execution was off, and that’ what I suspected (because I just noticed this on Kaillera, and I figured it was lag), but I wanted to confirm. I think several of you might have been misinterpreting me, but just to clarify - is this an execution problem or is it possible to stuff a super (specifically ken’s SA3) before it even comes out with a meaty as Ken (or another character) wakes up?

BTW, thank for the other information. Still informative.

It’s not that super was stuffed, it’s that you didn’t do it right. Most super flashes begin right after the input (although they seldom attack immediately after). The only exceptions I can think of right now is Makoto SA2 since it heads to the wall first. (Probably others, but I’m tired.)

Minor changes to an awesome post.

As far as Hammer Mountain is concerned–I think it is almost completely invulnerable for the first hit. I think the times it does get grabbed the Hugo player held down the button more than they needed to.

I must be timing my grabs wrong still because my friend likes to do wakeup supers, and usually, I see my grab come out, but it whiffs and I eat a super. Oh well, it’s all practice so once I get the timing down, I’m sure he’ll stop with the wakeup supers. :badboy:

You know what really works against wake up supers? BLOCKING.

grab+super thing, easy one here would be chunli lets say SA2, if she is completley close a grab would grab her out of it since in SA2 she travels a distance before hitting, although it needs to be timed right, anytime its happened to me, is by a fluke. Il say the same for some pokes that kill the super so its nothing id go practicing.
ALSO nobody good even wake up supers !

You win.

jump straight up > instant parry works too.

UltraDavid: great post.

mm i know makoto can karakusa ken out of sa3 if done EAAAAAAAARLY