Meta gaming with Ryu

ryu

Everybody knows that execution is one of the most important things, but what about all the other stuff. Here are some questions that I have about the meta/mind game.

Sure everybody has their own way to play the game, but are there any good practices?

[LIST]
[]Should I look at my opponent (character) the whole time or what do you focus during the game?
[
]How often and when do you look at health bars/ex meter and ultra bars?
[LIST]
[]Do you look regularly (e.g. every 3-4 seconds) or on occasions?
[
]Do you look while executing combos or only while zoning/footsies?
[/LIST]
[]Do you only concentrate only on the game (screen/sound) or do you take input sounds of your opponent into account (If you hear him mashing he is probably inputting counter shoryuken -> drop combo -> block & punish)?
[
]Do you talk/insult to your opponent?
[]Do you go with the flow of the game or do you have certain plans? (e.g. first some zoning and when he comes in try to anti air dragon punch him)
[
]Do you try to burn your meter once it is full or do you wait for a good opportunity / save for the next round?
[]Is it wise to throw in a random ultra during zoning once in a while?
[
]Do you ignore certain options of your opponent once you have educated him or do you still consider them? (e.g. you punish 2 jump ins with shoryuken -> he will certainly not jump again, concentrate on throws + specials)
[*]Do you change strategies in between games (e.g. from defensive to offensive) or do you just try to play your style?
[/LIST]

I quoted you and changed your questions to bold and my answers are the bits under them.

Nice idea for a thread btw.