Michigan +$500 Gathering - The Mayn Event V Tournament

**Tournament Information

Mayn Event V**
May 12-13, 2006

1214 S. University Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

This will be an arcade affiliated tournament. All Saturday tournaments will have a sign up time of Noon. Pinball Pete’s will decide on an arcade cover charge. This will be a one time, mandatory fee for all players. Last year, it was $2, which will be the tentative price. All fees going towards the tournaments will receive 100% payout, with bonuses on the side.

No deliberate abuse by any property in or around the Pinball Pete’s area. Player will be subject to forfeiture, with NO refunds.

All tournaments for Saturday will be set on Free Play.

May 12th, 2006: Friday at 8PM - Signups at 7PM
Capcom v SNK 2 Civil War Team Tournament
This will be a team tournament to decide the best overall team of Michigan CvS2 players and will occur Friday evening.

Tournament Fee
$5 per player, making it $10 per team.

Format
Two members = 1 team
2 out of 3, Double Elimination Format
16 Team Cap-Off = 32 People Total
Each team can choose between which character, team order, and groove to use initially during match play. So a possible four people will be playing per match. Once the first person loses during the match, the other player takes over with his character. Each team can also choose a ratio pattern of either R1/R3, R2/R2, or R3/R1. Initial winner of the match must maintain the same team and ratio, but rotate their order. Loser earns the right to change order, characters used and ratio. 3rd match, if necessary, both teams have free reign. However, the recent winner still must choose their same team, groove, and ratio pattern.

Teams are not allowed to:
–Rotate characters during match play after any win during a 2 out of 3 match. Ex: Judgment Day (Rugal) and Player 2 (Guile) NGroove Team. Wins the second match. Second Match = Judgment Day (Guile) and Player 2 (Rugal).
–Keep team order after initial win only. Ex: Judgment Day plays first, sweeps team during the first match. From here, the second member of the team must play first during the second match. This is to ensure that the team plays during the tournament.
–Change grooves after any won match. Change ratios after any won match.

Teams are allowed to:
–Rotate team order after any loss during match play.
–Change grooves and/or characters after any loss during match play.
–Change grooves, characters used, and team order after every match set in the bracket. This is already mentioned in the rules, just worded differently here.
–Change team order during the 3rd of 3 possible matches. This includes the winner of the first or second match!

No game breaking techiques. Roll Cancelling Allowed. Same character technique not allowed. No Ties for First Place allowed or ‘throwing the match’. Decisions on a ‘tie’ will forfeit all payouts and bonuses, with NO refunds.

Payout
1st Place = 70% Payout
2nd Place = 30% Payout
$50 Bonus to 1st Place Team, Divided to $25 each player. Must be “Capped Out” for Bonus to occur.
One Man Victories: Most OCVs by a team, and they will receive a refund on the entry fee. This will not include any additional charges that Pinball Pete’s Management provides.

Tentative Info
Machine set to Free Play
Additional charge per team for entry that will go to Pinball Petes. If this occurs, it shouldn’t be any more than $2 per person. I will let you know if this happens, when it happens.

Coordinator Comment
If for some reason, we are capped on teams, I can assure you that the tournament will end prior to closing. I’ve held numerous CvS2 tournaments, and barring any emergencies, everything will run smoothly. If there are people beyond Michigan who wants to form a duo, e-mail me at admin@mayn-event.com I will update the team rosters as I see fit and will post the updates on Shoryuken’s website.

May 13th, 2006: Saturday at 2:00PM - Signups at Noon
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

Tournament Fee
$10 per player

Format
3 out of 5 Winners and Losers Finals
4 out of 7 Grand Finals
No Cap-Off. Any game breaking techniques discovered between now and tournament time will be prohibited. No Ties for First Place allowed or ‘throwing the match’. Decisions on a ‘tie’ will forfeit all payouts and bonuses, with NO refunds.

Payout
1st Place = 70% Payout
2nd Place = 30% Payout
3rd Place = 10% Payout
$200 Bonus to 1st Place
The Traditional Mayn Event Trophy to 1st Place (Tentative)

Coordinator Comment
This will be the big tournament for Mayn Event V

May 13th, 2006: Saturday at 3:00PM - Signups at Noon
Capcom v SNK 2

Tournament Fee
$10 per player

Format
3 out of 5 Grand Finals Only
No Cap-Off. No game breaking techiques. Roll Cancelling Allowed. Same character technique not allowed. No Ties for First Place allowed or ‘throwing the match’. Decisions on a ‘tie’ will forfeit all payouts and bonuses, with NO refunds.

Payout
1st Place = 70% Payout
2nd Place = 30% Payout
3rd Place = 10% Payout
$150 Bonus to 1st Place

May 13th, 2006: Saturday at 4:00PM - Signups at Noon
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Tournament Fee
$10 per player

Format
4 out of 7 Grand Finals
No Cap-Off. No game breaking techiques. No Ties for First Place allowed or ‘throwing the match’. Decisions on a ‘tie’ will forfeit all payouts and bonuses, with NO refunds.

Payout
1st Place = 70% Payout
2nd Place = 30% Payout
3rd Place = 10% Payout
$100 Bonus to 1st Place

All Saturday Tournaments - Roulette Bonus Matches
This is where any player has a chance to come out with some money, regardless of where you rank in the tournament. Look below for rules, exceptions, and prizes per tournament, all issued in CASH.

Ticket Prices
The roulette format will be done in the form of tickets, and will be sold as follows:
$1 = 01 Ticket
$3 = 05 Tickets
$5 = 10 Tickets

Roulette Format
The drawing will begin when the tournament bracket officially has a full set of players. So if the tournament turnout has 52 players with 12 byes, the drawings will not begin until the next round of the winner’s bracket. Before that bracket, the drawing will begin and one ticket will be drawn, but not revealed until that part of the bracket ends. This will prevent deliberate won matches just to receive the money. ONLY THE TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER HAS THE AUTHENTICITY TO DRAW THE TICKET. If your turn is up, and you are forced to forfeit (ie. not being there when your name is called in a proper time), you will forfeit your winning ticket.

The Winner
When the bracket ends, the ticket holder will be revealed. If that player wins their match set (ie. advances) from that bracket, they win the money.

The Loser - Carry Over
The drawings will continue if the ticket winners do not win their match set. The drawing will carry over into the loser’s bracket. The subsidary jackpot will not declare a winner (or a set of winners) if players continue to lose their match set upon drawings. (Comment: I’ve done this in 3-4 tournaments, and this has yet to happen).

Ticket Drawing Procedure
If a ticket is drawn, and that winner does NOT reside in that part of the bracket, ticket drawings WILL continue until a player (or a set of players) is found in that bracket set. So there won’t be an ‘s.o.l’ bracket with the ticket winner being from the winner’s bracket, but the actual draw taking place is for the losers. Ticket drawings will not occur in a bracket with no ticket holders.

The Judgment Day Exception Rule
The tournament administrator (me) is eligible for all Roulette Tournament Drawings. If my ticket is drawn, this will be the only drawing where the winner will be announced before to the start of the bracket. This prevents any speculation from me rigging the Roulette Tournament: ie. Me drawing my own ticket and announcing that I won after the bracket is over lol. I have yet to win a ticket drawing since doing a more simplistic version back in 2002.

Payouts
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - $100, $50, $25
Capcom v SNK 2 - $75, $25
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike - $50

Multiple Tickets
As you can see, there will be multiple tickets drawn for CvS2 and Tekken 5: DR. Ticket holders are eligible to win 2-3 times per bracket. So if I draw 3 tickets during Dark Resurrection, and they all belong to the same person, and he/she wins, this player receives $200. The more tickets you buy, the better odds you have of being this person. Money will be served on a first come first served basis based on which ticket is drawn first, NOT bracket flow. So if I draw Castel’s ticket first, no matter where he’s it in the bracket, his match is worth $100, if he wins. 2nd drawing = $50, 3rd = $25.

Coordinator Comment
Last year, more than 50% of the players participated in this drawing. Over half of those players purchased $3 or $5 worth. Now it will play a more noticed role for all players, because now those who rank 17th, 13th, or ‘other’ has a chance to come out with something. You STILL have to win though. These drawings are completely optional, and will serve as its own separate tournament within the tournament.

May 13th, 2006: Tentative Final Tournament
The King of Fighters XI - Like pulling teeth to get this game. I’ll keep you updated.

Bracket Setup Rules - All Tournaments
All bracket formats will players select on randomly. However, every tournament will initially not pit players from other regions or cities to face each other in the first round. So if you are from Indiana, you will not play another person from Indiana. Anything beyond the first round is anyone’s game…! Sign up sheets will have home areas to fill in. Michigan players must fill in local area. By this technique, most players will (more than likely) be matched up with someone they do not know.

IF YOU DO NOT FILL THIS PART IN, YOU ARE SUBJECT TO PLAY ANYONE IN THE FIRST ROUND. This includes your brother, yo mama (heh heh), whoever you drove with. There is a contest for those living in the US/Canada areas if you have a niche for video games. No traveling, no entry fee. Look below!

Tournament Specifics

**Tournament Information

Mayn Event V**
May 12-13, 2006

1214 S. University Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

This will be an arcade affiliated tournament. All Saturday tournaments will have a sign up time of Noon. Pinball Pete’s will decide on an arcade cover charge. This will be a one time, mandatory fee for all players. Last year, it was $2, which will be the tentative price. All fees going towards the tournaments will receive 100% payout, with bonuses on the side.

No deliberate abuse by any property in or around the Pinball Pete’s area. Player will be subject to forfeiture, with NO refunds.

All tournaments for Saturday will be set on Free Play.

May 12th, 2006: Friday at 8PM - Signups at 7PM
Capcom v SNK 2 Civil War Team Tournament
This will be a team tournament to decide the best overall team of Michigan CvS2 players and will occur Friday evening.

Tournament Fee
$5 per player, making it $10 per team.

Format
Two members = 1 team
16 Team Cap-Off = 32 People Total
Each team can choose between which character, team order, and groove to use initially during match play. So a possible four people will be playing per match. Once the first person loses during the match, the other player takes over with his character. Each team can also choose a ratio pattern of either R1/R3, R2/R2, or R3/R1. Initial winner of the match must maintain the same team and ratio, but rotate their order. Loser earns the right to change order, characters used and ratio. 3rd match, if necessary, both teams have free reign. However, the recent winner still must choose their same team, groove, and ratio pattern.

Teams are not allowed to:
–Rotate characters during match play after any win during a 2 out of 3 match. Ex: Judgment Day (Rugal) and Player 2 (Guile) NGroove Team. Wins the second match. Second Match = Judgment Day (Guile) and Player 2 (Rugal).
–Keep team order after initial win only. Ex: Judgment Day plays first, sweeps team during the first match. From here, the second member of the team must play first during the second match. This is to ensure that the team plays during the tournament.
–Change grooves after any won match. Change ratios after any won match.

Teams are allowed to:
–Rotate team order after any loss during match play.
–Change grooves and/or characters after any loss during match play.
–Change grooves, characters used, and team order after every match set in the bracket. This is already mentioned in the rules, just worded differently here.
–Change team order during the 3rd of 3 possible matches. This includes the winner of the first or second match!

No game breaking techiques. Roll Cancelling Allowed. Same character technique not allowed. No Ties for First Place allowed or ‘throwing the match’. Decisions on a ‘tie’ will forfeit all payouts and bonuses, with NO refunds.

Payout
1st Place = 70% Payout
2nd Place = 30% Payout
$50 Bonus to 1st Place Team, Divided to $25 each player. Must be “Capped Out” for Bonus to occur.
One Man Victories: Most OCVs by a team, and they will receive a refund on the entry fee. This will not include any additional charges that Pinball Pete’s Management provides.

Tentative Info
Machine set to Free Play
Additional charge per team for entry that will go to Pinball Petes. If this occurs, it shouldn’t be any more than $2 per person. I will let you know if this happens, when it happens.

Coordinator Comment
If for some reason, we are capped on teams, I can assure you that the tournament will end prior to closing. I’ve held numerous CvS2 tournaments, and barring any emergencies, everything will run smoothly. If there are people beyond Michigan who wants to form a duo, e-mail me at admin@mayn-event.com I will update the team rosters as I see fit and will post the updates on Shoryuken’s website.

May 13th, 2006: Saturday at 2:00PM - Signups at Noon
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

Tournament Fee
$10 per player

Format
4 out of 7 Grand Finals
No Cap-Off. Any game breaking techniques discovered between now and tournament time will be prohibited. No Ties for First Place allowed or ‘throwing the match’. Decisions on a ‘tie’ will forfeit all payouts and bonuses, with NO refunds.

Payout
1st Place = 70% Payout
2nd Place = 20% Payout
3rd Place = 10% Payout
$200 Bonus to 1st Place
The Traditional Mayn Event Trophy to 1st Place (Tentative)

Coordinator Comment
This will be the big tournament for Mayn Event V

May 13th, 2006: Saturday at 3:00PM - Signups at Noon
Capcom v SNK 2

Tournament Fee
$10 per player

Format
3 out of 5 Grand Finals Only
No Cap-Off. No game breaking techiques. Roll Cancelling Allowed. Same character technique not allowed. No Ties for First Place allowed or ‘throwing the match’. Decisions on a ‘tie’ will forfeit all payouts and bonuses, with NO refunds.

Payout
1st Place = 70% Payout
2nd Place = 20% Payout
3rd Place = 10% Payout
$150 Bonus to 1st Place

May 13th, 2006: Saturday at 4:00PM - Signups at Noon
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Tournament Fee
$10 per player

Format
4 out of 7 Grand Finals
No Cap-Off. No game breaking techiques. No Ties for First Place allowed or ‘throwing the match’. Decisions on a ‘tie’ will forfeit all payouts and bonuses, with NO refunds.

Payout
1st Place = 70% Payout
2nd Place = 20% Payout
3rd Place = 10% Payout
$100 Bonus to 1st Place

All Saturday Tournaments - Roulette Bonus Matches
This is where any player has a chance to come out with some money, regardless of where you rank in the tournament. Look below for rules, exceptions, and prizes per tournament, all issued in CASH.

Ticket Prices
The roulette format will be done in the form of tickets, and will be sold as follows:
$1 = 01 Ticket
$3 = 05 Tickets
$5 = 10 Tickets

Roulette Format
The drawing will begin when the tournament bracket officially has a full set of players. So if the tournament turnout has 52 players with 12 byes, the drawings will not begin until the next round of the winner’s bracket. Before that bracket, the drawing will begin and one ticket will be drawn, but not revealed until that part of the bracket ends. This will prevent deliberate won matches just to receive the money. ONLY THE TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER HAS THE AUTHENTICITY TO DRAW THE TICKET. If your turn is up, and you are forced to forfeit (ie. not being there when your name is called in a proper time), you will forfeit your winning ticket.

The Winner
When the bracket ends, the ticket holder will be revealed. If that player wins their match set (ie. advances) from that bracket, they win the money.

The Loser - Carry Over
The drawings will continue if the ticket winners do not win their match set. The drawing will carry over into the loser’s bracket. The subsidary jackpot will not declare a winner (or a set of winners) if players continue to lose their match set upon drawings. (Comment: I’ve done this in 3-4 tournaments, and this has yet to happen).

Ticket Drawing Procedure
If a ticket is drawn, and that winner does NOT reside in that part of the bracket, ticket drawings WILL continue until a player (or a set of players) is found in that bracket set. So there won’t be an ‘s.o.l’ bracket with the ticket winner being from the winner’s bracket, but the actual draw taking place is for the losers. Ticket drawings will not occur in a bracket with no ticket holders.

The Judgment Day Exception Rule
The tournament administrator (me) is eligible for all Roulette Tournament Drawings. If my ticket is drawn, this will be the only drawing where the winner will be announced before to the start of the bracket. This prevents any speculation from me rigging the Roulette Tournament: ie. Me drawing my own ticket and announcing that I won after the bracket is over lol. I have yet to win a ticket drawing since doing a more simplistic version back in 2002.

Payouts
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - $100, $50, $25
Capcom v SNK 2 - $75, $25
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike - $50

Multiple Tickets
As you can see, there will be multiple tickets drawn for CvS2 and Tekken 5: DR. Ticket holders are eligible to win 2-3 times per bracket. So if I draw 3 tickets during Dark Resurrection, and they all belong to the same person, and he/she wins, this player receives $200. The more tickets you buy, the better odds you have of being this person. Money will be served on a first come first served basis based on which ticket is drawn first, NOT bracket flow. So if I draw Castel’s ticket first, no matter where he’s it in the bracket, his match is worth $100, if he wins. 2nd drawing = $50, 3rd = $25.

Coordinator Comment
Last year, more than 50% of the players participated in this drawing. Over half of those players purchased $3 or $5 worth. Now it will play a more noticed role for all players, because now those who rank 17th, 13th, or ‘other’ has a chance to come out with something. You STILL have to win though. These drawings are completely optional, and will serve as its own separate tournament within the tournament.

May 13th, 2006: Tentative Final Tournament
The King of Fighters XI - Like pulling teeth to get this game. I’ll keep you updated.

Bracket Setup Rules - All Tournaments
All bracket formats will players select on randomly. However, every tournament will initially not pit players from other regions or cities to face each other in the first round. So if you are from Indiana, you will not play another person from Indiana. Anything beyond the first round is anyone’s game…! Sign up sheets will have home areas to fill in. Michigan players must fill in local area. By this technique, most players will (more than likely) be matched up with someone they do not know.

IF YOU DO NOT FILL THIS PART IN, YOU ARE SUBJECT TO PLAY ANYONE IN THE FIRST ROUND. This includes your brother, yo mama (heh heh), whoever you drove with. There is a contest for those living in the US/Canada areas if you have a niche for video games. No traveling, no entry fee. Look below!

Name That Tune Contest '06

The Name That Tune Tournament: April 17, 2006
Also something that went well last year, there will be another Tune Contest shortly after the mayn-event.com revamp. The prize is the same: I will cut a check for $100 to the winner. The only goal of this game is to receive the High Score. Well, how do you do that? Read on…

There will be a series of songs, originally from video games from the past-present. Each song is designated a number of points. All you have to do is guess the exact name of the title, and you are awarded those points. By the deadline, if you have the most amount of points, you win! Simple right? Nope, cause that was the rules last year…Things are going to be a bit different and interesting this time.

Each song will be given points based on the difficulty of the track and game title. Points will be awarded as follows:
0100 - Novice
0200 - Easy
0500 - Moderate
1000 - Difficult
5000 - Very Difficult
7500 - Expert
There will be numerous “Novice” tracks to guess, and not as many “Expert” ones. But as you can see, guessing any expert tracks will award you a ton of points. Here are some rules to help or hurt your score.

Number of Tracks
There will be 120 this year. Last year there was 100. The songs will be released starting on Monday, April 10th. Every Monday and Friday, 10 songs will be released. So you’re looking at a span of 6 weeks worth of songs.
Last year, as songs were uploaded, older ones were taken down which put late entries at a disadvantage. This year, every song will stay up until the contest winners are officially announced.

Number of Hidden Tracks
There will be 5 hidden soundtrack songs. Unlike last year, where they were in one spot, the songs will be spread out everywhere! So you’ll have to look carefully to find all five! You will be rewarded with a Force Multiplier if you find the file and guess it correctly. See below for Force Multiplier.

Booby Trap Song
The song contest tunes are all based on video game soundtracks. However, one of these 125 songs isn’t from a video game at ALL. So you’ll have to guess which one is designated as the Booby Trap Song. If you do, you’ll be awarded 2500pts! Try not to answer recklessly…! This track could be assigned with a Penalty Multiplier, or any set of falsified points! See Penalties, Force Multipliers

Fan Made Songs
There are a few songs that are not from the ‘actual’ video game, but arranged in some fashion by actual gamers, or fans of BGMs. Guess the title and you’ll still be awarded those points. Correctly guess that it’s a Fan Made Song and receive a bonus 500 points! Each Incorrect submission will result in a penalty (see below).

Standard Penalties and Bonuses
There will be other tracks that will add or subtract from your final score. These bonuses/penalties will only be valid on your first submitted guess of the track ONLY. So if you have the right answer for a bonus track on the first try, you will receive the assigned points + the bonus points in the end. And a initial wrong guess will subtract points. You will not receive multiple penalties for a particular tune guessed incorrectly numerous times.

Fixed Penalties and Bonuses
-1000 For Every Incorrect Guess to which song is the Booby Trap Song
-250 For Every Incorrect Guess of a Fan Made Song
+500 For Correct Answer of Fan Made Song
+2500 For Correct Answer of Booby Trap Song

Force Multiplier
The Hidden Tracks will be assigned to multiply your score, aka The Force Multipler. What this means is that if you guess the song correctly, you will receive a multiplication bonus when the contest ends for your final score.
Subtotal Score x 1.1
EX: 73800 x 1.1 = 81180
So, you’ll be given 7380 points just for guessing the song right. So the more points you get initially, the more points you’re awarded by FMs at the end!

Assigned Force Multipliers for the Hidden Songs
Hidden No1 = 1.1
Hidden No2 = 1.2
Hidden No3 = 1.3
Hidden No4 = 1.4
Hidden No5 = 1.5
Guess the Actual Title of the Booby Trap Song = 2.0

Penalty Multiplier
This will serve as the reverse of the Force Multiplier. If your guess is incorrect, the final score will suffer from a LOSS of points. You can still continue to guess and receive the awarded points upon a correct guess. But make your guesses wisely here.
Final Score Example: 73800 x 0.95 (Penalty Multiplier) = 70110
This is a loss of over 3000 points! Again, please do some research or pay the penalty! It’s anyone’s game! This will only be valid on your first submitted guess of the track. So getting the answer wrong 4 times will not give you 4 Penalty Multipliers. Just one.

Unacceptable Answers
I am looking for title specific answers. “The Street Fighter series” or “All of the Mega Mans” does not constitute as a correct answers. Multiple answers for one BGM per submission is prohibited. Ex: BGM #2 = Mega Man 1-6. I cannot stress this enough to use title specific answers. This contest WILL hurt you if you don’t follow this rule. Trust me.

End Score Calculations
This will constitute as your final score on June 1, 2006
Subtotal Score - Penalty x Penalty Multiplier + Bonus x Force Multiplier = Final Score
All multiplied bonuses and penalties will be calculated in order of low>>>high. So if you have a multiplier that’s 1.5 and 1.4, the lower number will be calculated first. All fractions will be dropped for the final score. Fractions will NOT be rounded.

Submissions
Submissions can be made by e-mailing contest@mayn-event.com until further notice.

Contest Deadline and Submission Results
The Contest Deadline will be May 31, 2006. You can submit your results at any time. However, your results be sent to you and available online from Tuesday-Thursday. There will be a tie breaking song in case of a tied score. Good Luck!

Conclusion

Parking Details
This was posted by Cheese Master last year. With some edits here and there.

Option 1
Park in the South Forest Street parking structure for 95 cents an hour. This parking structure is located right behind Pinball Petes and fairly easy to find parking spots.

Option 2
Park in the parallel parking spots around the streets with meters. These cost about 80 cents an hour. They are also free after 6pm on Saturdays and weekdays. So if the tournament starts Saturday 12 noon, you’d have to pay $4.80 to not get a ticket for sure. You cannot pay and risk getting a $10 parking ticket.

Option 3
Park in the UofM permit parking structure across the street from Pinball Petes on Church Street. This parking structure requires a permit till 5pm or 6pm on Saturdays and weekdays. Its also free on Sundays. If you don’t have a permit, you risk getting a $20 parking ticket.

Option 4
Park near student housing. The street parking in these areas are generally free always. They don’t require any money or anything, you just have to find a spot. The downside to this is, generally these parking spots are about 4 to 12 blocks away from Pinball Petes. So if you are carrying alot of shit, you better get dropped off.

Recommendations
For those of you not from Michigan, I recommend going with parking in
the UofM Parking Structure. Because the chances of getting a parking
ticket are very low, and even if you do, you aren’t from Michigan, they
can’t make you pay it, you’ll be gone. The UofM Structure is the least
trouble of all the choices.

Advertisement and Summary
Last year the Mayn Event Series spawned a website, which will be revamped from scratch as of Monday, April 10th. The old design is staying, but it’ll receive an upheaval as well. A lot of stuff I was unable to do will now be available, along with other surprises. Numerous locations around the Michigan area will receive notifications of the site and the upcoming tournament in the form of flyers. I will post the flyer next week, and they will be distributed in the 100s that same week.

The poster from last year is still available. It’s now outdated and will be sold at a lower price of $5, plus $3.50 shipping. Done by Don Figueroa of Devils Due Publishing
http://www.mayn-event.com/promotionals/preview.htm
E-mail me at admin@mayn-event.com if you are interested in purchasing a piece of history. An excellent collector’s item, plus it supports future tournaments ran by yours truly. Shipping will not alter if multiple copies are ordered.

A new poster is in the works by Lea, and will be released by tournament time. Speaking of which, I would like to give a huge thanks to Lea from the Zaibatsu. She has been very patient and her end results have been fabulous to date. I really appreciate it. Stay strong. Also thanks to anyone who supported me throughout the years to make this tournament hit the 5 mark, most notably, Dion B aka Panther.

I made a poll regarding another possible game that I’m sure Michigan can take advantage of: The King of Fighters XI. Ownership does not believe me, and I want to prove them wrong. If you feel the same way, react to this poll, or call Pinball Pete’s themselves to get this game in! Any tournament related questions can be sent to me by replying here or via e-mail. The administrative e-mail will be available after the revamp.

Also I submitted this scenario to WDIV (Channel 4 Local News) to cover a short story on it, but they never responded. I will attempt it again with them or possibly another local station. Yes, you might be on TV, and the tournament may receive media coverage.

–Advertising Campaign Begins March 27th.
–The Relaunch of The Mayn Event Site will be April 10th.
–The Tune Contest will begin on April 3rd.
–Team Tournament = May 12
–Mayn Event V = May 12-13
–Poster Release will be May 13th (Big Tournament Day)
–Music Contest Deadline = May 31

–Contact Judgment Day: admin@mayn-event.com

This year, everyone gets a shot. Let’s make it happen.

–Judgment Day

Mercy! Let me be the first to give Jd a standing ovation.
You have my full support sir, and I will help you in anyway possible.

I’m down to go on the 13th…it was a fun time last year. I’ll see if I can round up the usuals.

Also, I know you didn’t run one last year, but will there be a Marvel tournament? I have a friend who’s really into it. He’d probably come if there was one. I know there was an unofficial tournament last year. Just wondering.

Of course if you need some help just let me know. Time for me to start practicing…

Hey, Ghetto:

Actually…there was a Marvel tournament held. Juan held one as an on-the-spot subsidary tournament. Bring Milan if you can.

I’m really pushing for this other job…if I get it, I can finally get out of retail = weekends off. I’ll be able to travel again and visit you guys for a change. But that’s a story for another day.

Posted parking directions and recommendations for those coming from out of town/state. Hopefully this helps. Post #4 of this thread.

Hmm… I’m off that weekend. I’ll check with the GTASF players and see if they’re interested in attending. Is it possible to get housing for probably 5 people?

Show up and you bitchez gonna get raped… It’s not a game…

I will notify a couple of friends of mine to see if they can house you and your friends. Once it’s guaranteed regarding who goes, e-mail me the names at admin@mayn-event.com

I’ve decided to pawn off the flyer design to SRK, and will post a thread tonight or tomorrow to see who’s good enough to make the design.

Once made, they will be distributed to various areas for tournament promotion.

Also, as of Monday, I’ll give reminders to our neighbors (Chicago, Indiana, Ohio, etc) that a tournament is a-brewing.

:sweat:

The official Revision 2 of the website realease and the Tune Contest will be delayed by one week. The original posts now reflect the new date. This should have no effect on the site’s purpose to advertise itself to the gaming community and the general public. It’ll still be up a good five weeks before the tournament. Trust me when I say you won’t be disappointed going into this tourney…hopefully the site will impress you. So in summary:

Site Release Date Version 2: April 10th
Tune Contest: April 17th

There is apparently a 3rd Strike tournament around the end of April at Wayne State University. This would make a good tournament to sharpen the skills for the locals and prepare for a couple weeks ahead. You can find more info at www.michigangamers.net

Around Wednesday, I will make additional posts to other areas of the Midwest to make them aware of what’s to come.

Take a look at the artists coming up with what may be the tournament flyer here:
http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111444

Just a quick update for the locals, Ann Arbor will have their 2 Dark Resurrection machines today by 6PM. Their Lansing location already has one machine and is currently available to play.

Beginning Monday, I will announce my ad campaign to bring the players in, which is where you come in. The one time entry fee for all of the tournaments will be decided on Tuesday as I got a chance to discuss it with the owner.

Make that Friday evening. I should have the mayn-event site up and running too. Stay tuned.

whats going on with this site :confused:

is there any chance of an mvc2 tourny actually being held and roughly how many do u think would attend