Mid-Air throw after launch 2 Teleport

strider-hiryu

I understand how to perform it normally, but what I want to know if you guys don’t mind giving me tips…is how to perform it after doing a launcher -> teleport -> midair grab. This sets up so well into a doom trap/assist, plus it looks stylish. If anybody doesn’t mind helping me out that would be greatly appreciated.

An alternate motion you could look into is doing a double qcb. So c.hp, qcb, qcb, lp or hp, and it should register as a teleport. Similar to crouch teleports people do against cable to dodge underneath standing fierce shots.

Its screen-position dependent, so make sure your opponent is at the right spot.

I usually just do cr. short - cr. jab - launcher/cr. fierce xx Teleport (Fierce or Jab Telport depending on which side of the screen) - Mash Fierce.

There is an extremely damaging chain you can get if you can time the assists and moves right, Clock did it against Takayuki. The entire thing went like:

Orbs - Teleport Behind Storm - Mash Hits (With Orbs) - Sent Assist - Launcher - Teleport - Air Throw - Doom Assist - Eagle - Back Into Orbs Trap.

The entire chain knocks Taka’s Storm down from about 80% to like 20%.

Great match, look to 00:45 for the chain.

yea, teleport, throw into doom fucking hurts. I still use it till this day BUT only against opponents who can’t tech throw. If your opponents techs it, it forces strider to do something. I’ve actually lost entire games because my opponent has teched threw this setup. iirc, if you fake the throw, the other guy can throw you back. Not quite sure on that but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

so from my exp which is somewhat ok, it works but use sparingly. Abuse it but know when its abuseable. Primarily against comp that have a hard time teching throw or use it against players who aren’t use to the tech timing till they figure it out.

yea, teleport, throw into doom fucking hurts. I still use it till this day BUT only against opponents who can’t tech throw. If your opponents techs it, it forces strider to do something. I’ve actually lost entire games because my opponent has teched threw this setup. iirc, if you fake the throw, the other guy can throw you back. Not quite sure on that but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

so from my exp which is somewhat ok, it works but use sparingly. Abuse it against players who can’t tech throw and use against players who can tech throw but don’t know the exact timing. Everything has its place and this is no exception but the place for this setup is very minor in the wide scope of high level comp. Against players who can tech it, just try something else but yea, its a good setup none the less.

Holy jesus I just starting playing strider doom after a 3 year break (found a used copy at the store the other day ^-^) and tryed this in the training room, it was difficult enough doing it to something that doesn’t move/block/attack, I couldnt imagine pulling this off in a real match, let alone someone who knows what they are doing :3

Samhain,

In order to use this team it requires a desire to learn how to defend, antipate, and a whole lot of patiences. Let me also add that while you’re playing you have to be confident and not worry that strider is going to die to quick what the hell anyway…lol

When I started out using Sentinel Strider Doom, I never won. But, after playing the best(clockw0rk, Duc, Junior B, Fanatiq, Finesse, Chunksta and many more) over and over again I learned quickly. Now Ive been using strider for a little over a year and am kicking ass.

This team really gets fun when you learn how to trap for 2-4 of strider’s supers using a mixture of punch and kick teleports. If you have any questions i’ll be open to share some knowledge.