MIDI Fighter..

Lol, can you say a waste of buttons?

Or super awesome use =X

i actually use my joystick to trigger sounds on fl studios. works awesome too :smiley:

I don’t know much about making electronic music but I’m thinking somebody could jam out some awesome chip tunes using that.

Werd.

Well let’s see…
Custom cut acrylic and light pipes, I couldnt do it personally, but I bet I could work out a deal with Arthong for them.
The rest is just a USB MIDI device. Maybe a weekend tops reading up on USB MIDI devices and I could totally replicate that…

Their 'arcade controller" http://techtools.myshopify.com/products/vci-100-arcade-buttons
uses a number of analog inputs, and two quadrature encoders, but is otherwise the same, and its almost $900.

Guys, if there are other fields like this I could be putting my controller tech to good use, please, let me know. Im no musician, but I’m pretty sure I could make that stuff in short order.

lol I was actually thinking whether this would work a couple of weeks ago, I’mma try get my stick working in Cubase.

They actually did a piece on this last night on G4 on Attack of the Show. The shit the guy was doing with the stuff was amazing. He was wearing a “Midi Fighter” shirt in the SF2 font.

When hooked up right and with the right user this is almost as powerful as a great DJ on 2 turntables.

Can anyone explain what this is for?

At first I was like, “man what an arrogant SOB lol”

And then I was like “oh wait, it’s Toodles. He actually COULD do that”

And now I’m like :pray:

Why not show them your work and what you can do and maybe they can get you some work? If I actually knew how to use the stuff I’d step up but as it stands I don’t :frowning:

Pretty sure they call this type of DJ/Mixing “Controller-ism”

It’s a midi controller. Pretty cool idea.

I know this is old, but I really felt like placing my 2 cent’s in here. . . .

“Lol, can you say a waste of buttons?”

• Slightly arrogant of a statement with the LOL’s, don’t yout think?

"Custom cut acrylic and light pipes, I couldnt do it personally, but I bet I could work out a deal with Arthong for them. "

• I, myself, am working on one. However, as I can be the first to admit, I have no midi experience (except inusing Serato and Traktor), and I have no programing experience what-so-ever. I just been busy with Djing gigs of my own. . . so time to send Art my own plans are on hold (Gigs at clubs, weddings, performances with my crew, etc. . .)

“Their 'arcade controller” http://techtools.myshopify.com/produ...arcade-buttons
uses a number of analog inputs, and two quadrature encoders, but is otherwise the same, and its almost $900."

• The Midi Fighter is just as powerfull without the mixer part of the Arcade Controller. It’s a modded Vextax VCi-100 Dj controller. . . .and, from what I san see from these forums, is exactly what some of you guys do on here (HRAP vs JLF, Semistsu vs Sanva. . .the whole gamut). And the OBSF-24’s for the Midi Fighter is actually directly connected to the board. . .No soldering of the buttons or LED’s at all, as well as no need for programming the thing. and still less than $200? . . .for a Dj that does gigs every weekend, I’d say well worth it!

Sorry if I’m just beating a dead horse at this point guys. . .but I’ve been Djing for 10 years. . .I’ve was an avid gamer before that, but seeing this kind of reaction to something that wasn’t originally intended makes Ean Golden (the founder of Dj Tech Tools, where Osnake found the link) great in my eyes. He’s a Dj and, as you can probably tell, and avid gamer.