Minnesota: Keep it Classy!

Heh, I’ll be up for doing a lobby tonight if you’re around, I’m just messing around with the new characters to get a feel for them, haven’t really decided on a team yet even though I’m really enjoying Frank and Nemesis

I felt it was time to turn off Marvel when I got an achievement that I had been in training mode for 5 hours… (why is this even an achievement?)

Hey Shogun, back in 07 we played some 3s and then I came back briefly the following year. Well I’m back for good and I got my buddy into 3s as well. Do you still hold the gatherings?

I’m really excited for it, it looks really fun, but AE will still be top priority.

I got my pre-order in at GnG and Gene said he was considering having a midnight launch at Brooklyn Park on Monday so make some noise!

Hey, how’s it going! How was Colorado? I seem to remember something about you having a car accident or something out there. I hope you’re doing alright now. We usually do gatherings during the week at Games N Go. Check the first post in the thread or www.mnstreetfighter.com for details. There’s also a tourney coming up this Saturday, and although there’s no official 3rd Strike tourney, you might want to come and check it out.

I need some local AE and UMVC3 buddies. Add me on PSN if you want to get in some matches.

Wanted to pop in and say hi. I’ll be happy to meet you all this weekend, hopefully we can get lots of games and money matches going for sf4.

I am learning UMvC3, but to be honest I was never much of a Marvel fan. But after dabbling with the game a bit and seeing that all-out turtling and chip is now at least somewhat viable (as opposed to vanilla), I may get back into trying to be competitive at that as well.

I am ALL ABOUT KOFXIII. When that game drops I’ll be all over it. Hopefully you guys do too.

sigh it’s been 2 weeks since I ordered stick parts from lizard lick, and around 4 days since I sent a “so… you charged me already… why is my order ‘on hold’ permanently” email with no response. I really don’t want to have to dispute charges, I just want the stuff I paid for weeks ago.

In other news, everyone is busy with Skyrim. Bleh. I went into GnG earlier and tried to get a copy but they were out of xbox ones.

Ahhhhh Juicebox, I was going to hang out and get you some juiceboxes. Alas, I wont be in town this weekend. How long are you going to be in the cities for? I wanted to discuss killer ultra dance moves. Actually… I wanted to ask you about reads and anticipation, personality and mindsets and how it relates to mixups. But I digress.

If you read Sirlin’s book you already knew what I’m going to say: “It’s hard to explain.”

Either way it’s a pretty nebulous topic and much easier to illustrate in person.

It is, it really is. I’m just looking for that secret sauce. Sometimes more from a psych theory perspective than a being good at games perspective.

Oh by the way, your matches are some of the most entertaining I’ve seen. Big fan. Shame I wont be around this weekend. Tones, have a shot for me.

0-20 In marvel.
So, say someone takes arthur and sentinal for assist. they just do double lance then sentinal rockets repeat, over and over. Is there anything you can do?
If you get hit first and they pull off the 1 shot character killing combo, what really are your chances of winning? The game just started and its 3 characters/assists vs 2. I’m working on getting 3 characters’ combos solidly down so I can capitalize if I actually happen to hit them first, so far I’m wolverine sentinal and akuma, but if I play wolverine on point and get hit first I pretty much lose cause I know his stuff the best hehe. Do people sometimes play their best character 2nd so getting hit first isn’t so devastating?

I always have started with my best character (Hulk) first so I can get some damage and (hopefully) not be in a deficit early. Granted, Hulk is the only character I really feel like I know, whereas the rest of my vanilla team were either there for the assist (Wesker) or because I never felt like taking anyone else (Ryu).

Granted, I want to take Marvel more seriously this time around, so I’m leaning toward Hulk/Nemesis/Sentinel.

And dammit, my school screws over another chance to play Juicebox. First the internet, then with anime club events…I need to get out of the rural lands.

As far as Arthur / Sentinel thing, this can usually be negated by super jumping over it and sometimes calling an assist while doing it (or play a character that can teleport or out zone them)

a lot of Wolverine’s setups will involve doing a Slash to Charge (to make it safe and to be able to continue to a combo), example would be Slash -> Charge -> dash forward -> H, S, Air Series

couple things I noticed while playing that set we did last night, you should really switch assists for Akuma to Tatsu and Sentinel to the upward diagonal drones, would probably help out quite a bit.

you were also hard tagging in your second character whenever I got Wolverine down to 20-30% health, which is usually very unsafe and can lead to not only your point character being low health, but your secondary character being low health without even getting a hit in

Wish I had a mic on my 360, would be a lot easier to go over that shit than typing with my arcade stick lol

Nemesis is my new friend :wink:

Nemesis is never gonna replace Hulk was my (MvC) best buddy, but Nemesis is pretty damn awesome. I really like Hawkeye also, but that may be because I want someone I can call Hawk…

haha, I’ve been playing Nemesis, Hawkeye and Amaterasu

I need to get a wireless mic for my 360 so I can talk while using my hitbox.I tried to find a little extension to hang out of it for my headset but cant find one. For now when playing fighting games (pretty much always till I get NHL12) I use a usb keyboard plugged into the xbox to talk.

As HellaJ mentioned, you’ll probably want to super jump out of that setup. However, you may need to pushblock a bit to give yourself room to get off the ground.

Yes, people do sometimes put their best character second for the reason you mentioned. Plus, many times your main character is much better with some meter. You can build meter with the first character and then use it with the second.

I definitely recommend Skyrim to anyone who is thinking about it, If you have never played an elder scrolls game but like the idea of a “do whatever you want” style RPG then this is for you.

Welcome to the party. Have a safe trip up.