MLG picks up MK

I’m surprised there isn’t a topic about this.

I do have an opinion on the whole Esports debate, but I also believe that the MK community does deserve all the support it can get, and I also think that picking up a non-major game its an excellent strategy to help our communities improve their relationship.

If they picked up KOFXIII next, my head would just explode with happiness :rofl:

Any thoughts?

:coffee:

Sad to say it probably won’t last long.

This has chances to go pretty good for the community. Not into MK anymore last big patch changed things I really dissagree with but I’m really hoping for the best.

Pretty much this. I think the MLG guys did say a lot about Namco being supportive and I would be surprised if SCV isn’t the next game to be added, and SCV will have a higher chance of being a success. It will be interesting to see what they could do with SCV vs what SCV will perform in EVO this year.

Meh… EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEsports take themselves way too seriously.

It feel so strange to hear MLG pick up MK don’t you think and love MK

This is great for the MK community and I think it will do fine. If this works out then it is a good thing for the entire FGC.

http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/grey%5E_%5Everdana%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5ETrue%5E_%5E.gif

The MK community doesnt do enough to support itself. I’m sitting around @the Michigan Ranbats right now, we have a marval tourny, street fighter tourny, Kof13&SoulCaliber tourny, even a few huddled around a a tiny laptop playing meltyblood. Not one person here to compete in MK. I’m sitting here with the game and nobody is here to play

I see it a good look MK will have some extra energy and momentum to grow. If they get dropped, so what they got a chance if they die after that then that community was never really there.
Of course they really want Capcom games and i feel this is a move to try to show Capcom to give them a license.

Yeah, great, I can’t hear “fuck” and “ass” on stream anymore. Give me a break dude.

Maybe its just the state that your in becasue the MK Community in Georgia we take care of are stuff

Sounds wonderful. I look forward to it.

Thanks for the reply, “deal with it” Pony avatar guy who is too sensitive to hear adult words.

Oh yes, people totally say fuck and ass when they’re trying to sound mature and sophisticated, rather than expressing emotion and contempt.

Anyway, I wouldn’t say good for the community.
What with the constant patches, and only decent play MLG usually puts out, I don’t know.
Unless they’re trying to understand the scene, it will just end up the same way as usual.
How well did Tekken do in E-Sports anyway?

If the scene grows and is able to stand on it’s own better after getting dropped how is that bad?
I mean Capcom keeps tellin them to fuck off let mlg have it and see that they ain’t ready to have fighting games.

He never said anything about MLG being bad for MK, but yeah it will take a miracle for MK not to be dropped after 1 year. Growing a scene isn’t a trivial task and I don’t see why MK would be an upgrade from the T6 that MLG picked up and ditched away in a short time.

Tekken had problems before that though.That said just a wee bit more exposure could do us good.
Of course I’d like if there was a league the the fgc is part of we’d build it like MLG built themselves up.

That’s a big if. The goal is for the scene to grow so obviously if the scene grows its a success. MLG’s track record with fighting games just doesn’t make me very optimistic.