"Mmm... You look like you're in good shape": Juri Q&A and General Discussion Thread

^ It’s hard to not want to pick up Cammy lol.

Cammy is way too flowcharty for my tastes. The only character I truly have fun with is Juri. I’m trying to play AE much more often now, kinda put it on a short lived hiatus because I wanted to catch up on my Marvel game. So, sorry to those I have added and have yet to play @__@

In more than one way :wink:

Oh gamertag for XBL is SFnightfighter and for PC its Deviousdale

Anyone know how to consistently setup the corner cross up j.lk, but then still land in front of the opponent after f+throw? I remember seeing someone f+throw, dash forward, lk.pinwhell, and then jump j.lk fairly early. Also, is it character specific?

Character Specific.

what juris do we know will be at evo? Saw international player list and unless it was incomplete it was missing many good ones : /

I tried my best to go this year, but my dog was run over recently and came out with a broken Femur, so I had to let go of my ticket to pay the medical bills :frowning: I’m sorry, guys. I’ll try me best to be at ReveLAtions though

Aw, your poor doggy! : ( Good for you doing the right thing, though.

You know…::pouts::. I’ve been really down on my game play as of late. The conclusion I came to: I’m tired of working. I’m tired of putting in hard work practicing my combos and making sure I’m always on point. I’m tired of learning what ultra setup’s work on some characters, what feng shui combos WHIFF on what characters…I’m tired of learning how and when to trap and stay safe…I’m tired of learning fuzzy guard setups, and how to make my opponent flinch.

Juri takes so much damn work. I started playing Juri when Super came out. That november I traveled to my first tournament. I did poorly. A few days later (by my close FGC friends), I was invited to NEC. I thought, sure why not? I didn’t even know these guys names. I went 0-2. But since then…I’ve put in a LOT of work and got pretty good with this character.

It isn’t until now that I see the flaws of the character. And now, starting to improve and to work on fundamentals I realize…well…shes kind of ass in a lot of departments. As this game evolves, two things will be clear (in my opinion). Her Ultra setups will be godlike. Shes really untapped with Ultra 2 and Ultra 1. Ultra 1 will be really really good with anyone who really puts in work with it. And two…she will move down on the tier list.

Two characters have really started to frustrate me. Adon, and Ken. Both the same reasons. Hard to zone, and very strong throw/frame trap mix up. Hell, Honda is a bad matchup for Juri, and so is cammy. You know what…I know what I’m getting into playing those matches. I accept my loses much easier. Ken and Adon, win and lose by the same bullshit mix up. I’m tired of it.

Tomorrow starts training mode with Cammy. At least to deal with a few bad matchups. Now if you’ll excuse me I have some reading to do. Off to the cammy boards and to youtube some cammy shit.

God save the queen…

yay team cammy! :smiley: lololo

Lol I guess all the bitching we did about how character specific she is during our set stuck with you. Just kidding. I can see why you are burnt out though.

Basically summing up what we said a few days ago. Well, what many have said. Juri has to work for every win, and anyone who learns Juri has to learn an encyclopedia of match up knowledge due to all her character specific garbage. She has no answer to so much stuff.

And hey, if you want to do some casuals to get some match time with Cammy in, just message me. Oddly enough, you can ask Matt, I’ve always said Cammy would suit you.

In fairness, we all knew this at least a year ago.
At the time, any suggestion that Juri wasn’t that good was met with cries of “buck up and learn your shit or get out.” (Also, I believe there were vague promises of untapped technology.)
And that’s still basically true. Juri’s fun, except when she’s can’t do jack and everything your opponent hits you with makes you think "damn, I wish I had a move that good."
If you want to win pick a top tier.

Juri is good. She’s just hard and has no bullshit. Those are fundamentally different issues.

No sympathy for psychotic bitches. You guys can go play her OP self on SFxT…she deserves her place on AE. Such an annoying character.

not that this applies to you directly, cause i wouldn’t know. however: your statement has differentials based on where you’re at in the game. a) you’re trying to go further than top 32 at an international major or even doing better in your local scene . b) you’re an online warrior, don’t play at tournaments and can’t or won’t invest the time that people in “a” do.

you see, if you fall in the “b” category - for the most part, “buck up and learn your shit or get out” does apply as the quality of competition is low and juri can do well. now when you consider that juri, in my opinion has 15/16 “bad” match ups and the fact that of all the tournament viable characters (or characters that place well in tournaments), juri has 1 good matchup (viper, and this doesn’t even count really as she is rare and if you end up being put in her 50/50’s over and over, you’re going to get blown up regardless) and the rest are, for the majority, 6-4 to her disadvantage or even… that doesn’t really bode well does it?

in regards to untapped or even unreferenced technology, i know i made one of those promises - that was the list of every single fuzzy guard setup i know. that is actually here on the boards but no one has seemed to notice/care/utilize. there’s also a safe jump video on youtube, amongst numerous other things. i said i would re-do the matchup thread (which i still have half of, sitting in a word file) but the boards are basically too dead to convince me to finish it, uni, general life stuff and there’s also a fucking moron of a poster on here that at the very least discourages me from even looking at the board. there was also the fse video with my take on it - to which the response is the same. not that those last 2 are really considered “technology” anyway. for what others have promised… i can’t speak for them obviously.

the rest i agree with :slight_smile:

oh, and just in case people actually didn’t notice:

The Fuzzy List. (No FSE specific set ups yet)

Spoiler
  • Special Condition: Can’t NJ.Fierce(HP) or Parry NJ.Fierce(HP). (Slightly earlier timing on jump in.)

** Special Condition: NJ.Fierce(HP) or Parry NJ.Fierce(HP) only.

*** Special Condition: EX Shikusen doesn’t hit completely. (Use regular Shikusen - EX Senpusha)

**** Special Condition: Only FJ.Strong works, unless in the corner.

Setups:

1. J.Strong(MP) after blocked FJ.RH(HK), NJ.Roundhouse(HK),** */****NJ.Fierce(HP), ***/****Parry NJ.Fierce (HP), Parry NJ.Roundhouse(HK), EX-Parry Crossover Roundhouse(HK).

2. J.Fierce(HP) after blocked FJ.RH(HK), NJ.Roundhouse(HK), NJ.Fierce(HP), Parry NJ.Fierce(HP), Parry NJ.Roundhouse(HK), EX-Parry Crossover Roundhouse(HK).

3. J.Strong(MP) after Air to Air J.Strong(MP) or Focus Crumple - C.Strong(MP) Reset, FADC. (Must travel under. Use a backward J.Strong to ensure Shikusen hits.)

4. J.Strong(MP) after Air to Air J.Strong(MP) or Focus Crumple - S.Short(LK) Reset, FADC. (Must travel under. Use a backward J.Strong to ensure Shikusen hits.)

5. *******J.Strong(MP) after Air to Air J.Strong(MP) or Focus Crumple - FS.Roundhouse(HK) Reset. (Corner Only)

6. *****/******J.Strong(MP) after Air to Air J.Strong(MP) or Focus Crumple - S.Short(LK) Reset. (JF.Strong for Air to Air, JB.Strong for Focus Crumple. Strict Timing)

7. J.Fierce(HP) after Air to Air J.Strong(MP) or Focus Crumple - S.Short(LK) Reset.

Characters:

Abel: 1. 2. 3. 4. ***5. 6. 7.

Adon: *1. 2.

Akuma: 7.

Balrog: 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.

C.Viper: 1. 2. 3. 5.

Cammy: 4. 7.

Cody: *1. 2. 6. 7.

Dan: *1. 2. 7.

Deejay: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.

Dhalsim: 5. 6. 7.

Dudley: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.

E.Honda: 2. 7.

Evil Ryu: 7.

Fei Long: 3. 7.

Gen: 1. 2. 3. 4. ***5. ***6. 7.

Gouken: 1. 2. 4. 6. 7.

Guile: 3. 6. 7.

Guy: *1. 2.

Hakan: 2.

Juri: 1. 2.

Ken: 7.

Makoto: 4. ****6.

M.Bison: 3. 5. 7.

Oni: 7.

Rose: 1. 2. 3. 7.

Rufus: 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.

Ryu: 7.

Sagat: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.

Sakura: 4. 6. 7.

Seth: 1. 2. 4. ***5. 6. 7.

T.Hawk: 1. 2. 3. 4. ***5. ***6. 7.

Vega: 1. 2. 3. 5. 6. 7.

Yang: **1. 2. 7.

Yun: **1. 2. 7.

Zangief: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.

there it is again :confused:

:shake:

Ryu, Sagat? Not delving into MU-Discussion now (imo the list is way longer), but you aren’t really doubting advantage against at the very least the latter?!
Or is your definition of “tournament viable characters” just differing from mine and limited to Cammy/Gouki/Seth/Viper?

Well shit. I wanted take a break from the Chun boards and FB to avoid that kind of talk, only to get the exact same problems and schools of thought.

brb learning shotos