"Mmm... You look like you're in good shape": Juri Q&A and General Discussion Thread

so what are the new bnbs Juri got with the new close mp (w/o FSE activated?) I only found crouch light kick, stand close mp xx whatever

is there anything else?

That’s about it. There’s too much pushback for anything else. I think the only way Juri could have gotten more reliable BnB’s was by making st.LP hit on all crouching characters. I’ll still take that 3f sc.MP though.

Cept when u go through someone.

absolutely disappointing. = / Thanks for answer though.

Is Juri lesbian?

Most likely bi.

low short, cs.strong was always possible? low short is +5, cs.strong went from 5f to 3f start up. you can link low jab to cs.strong now, and it becomes 2f safer as a delayed tech trap too. a nice new 1f trap i’ve been working with since v2012 is sekku, cs.strong, store. sekku being +2 on hit, and cs.strong having a 3f start up. same trap as sekku, s.short, store (used this prior to v2012) but the plinkable strong just makes it better all around.

Maybe. When SSF4 was just announced, her old profile had something that said “Likes: big breasts” in Japanese but it got changed quickly. :lol:

Then there’s of course Chun-Li’s and Cammy’s rival battles.

Yeah I figured bi myself, my friend was curious and was heartbroken thinking she was les cause that’s his waifu lmao.

ಠ_ಠ what.

Has anyone tried out how Juri’s new FSE dash works against fireballs?
I can see some sick potential in it shutting down fireballs really bad either throw dashing under them or using focus absorb dash.
I really need to put more time into 2012 Juri, just need to find some motivation to really get down and dirty with this new update :slight_smile:

Okay. Here’s the deal. We started a discussion on this in the video thread was about unblockables.

Here is one vs yun/yang. Corner. Forward throw nj.hk, fse activation, j.mk. The estimated count is 51 frames.

So If we know exact frame count, then we can unblockable more freely. All of my attempts have not worked. So this means something isn’t right. This means either the setup is not 51 frames, my frame reference is incorrect for the moves or there is systems in place that adjust frames (dashing and canceling last 2 frames).

Q1: dash xx lk pinwheel. If a f.dash is 17 frames If I do lk pin after the dash do I lose 2 frames?

Q2: jumping attacks. Does this add a few frames if you whiff a jump attack?

Q3: can I cancel the recovery of normals with other normals?

Any thoughts on this would be great.

I’m almost positive that if you whiff a normal you can’t cancel it at all.

Q1: Try by punishing something that’s -21 with dash lk pw.

Q2: By whiffing a jump normal you’re not allowed to cancel your landing recovery into specials/super/ultras, so you always get the same timing for when that u1 comes out.

Q3: No

were there any juri reps at socal? None in results :frowning:

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition — Results

1. EG|Justin Wong (Rufus, Adon)
  2. EG|Ricky Ortiz (Rufus)
  3. iPeru (El Fuerte)
  4. RZR|Latif (C. Viper)
  5. CCG|Air (Ryu)
  6. Hugo101 (M. Bison, Sagat)
  7. LU|Alex Valle (Ryu)
  8. Masarap (Cammy, Akuma)
  9. Warahk (Guile)
  10. Mike Chow (Abel)
  11. Box|Viscant (Dee Jay)
  12. Snake Eyez (Zangief)
  13. FC|Jago (M. Bison)
  14. Online Tony (Seth)
  15. Kane (Gen)
  16. Chris King (Vega)

still MUCH better diversity in 2012

Just saw your combo video. Cried tears of joy and jealousy. Still, did a good job of motivating me to keep practicing. Thanks Mike!

I find it cute there’s a fuerte In top 3. So starts the bitching of fuerte. Mark my words

Are you sure about number 3? Do this. C.mp… Wait and c.mp. She doesn’t move. Now do c.mp during recovery of the move. She moves forward.

Might be something with just her c.mp, I noticed it moved forward when I spammed it in training mode a few days ago.
I can’t remember that it did that before 2012, it might have though.

Do you guys ever use hk while crossing up? I’ve pretty much exclusively used mk because hk seems to whiff so often, but maybe I’m just aiming it poorly.