Modding a Pelican Real Arcade Universal?

Anyone know how to do it (for ps2)? I’m planning to buy a 8 way competition stick and some buttons.

EDIT: Are these any good? And can they be modded?

http://www.electronicsporium.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=8628

Just take out the old stuff and put the new Happ stuff in. Everything will fit just the same since the Pelican stuff is just cheap knock-offs of Happ stuff. If you follow ArcadeStickMonk’s SFAC guide it is pretty much the same thing.

Okay, but what about the pcb though? Im reading a lot of stuff on how the pelican blows out controller ports/quits working, etc…?

I’m not sure if there’s a size difference between Sanwa’s and Happ’s parts, but when I modded mine with Sanwa’s I had to sand out the button holes. I think the holes are 28mm in size, so needed an extra 2mm.

Yea the Uni can cause the rumble feature to stop working (or so I have read). It’s easy to add a pcb in it though. Inside the controller on the back of the wire box are pcb mounts. I just ripped a controller from an after market ps1 pad and wired it up to the buttons, then mounted it there. Check your local game shops, I was picking up old used pads for less than $1.

The Universal can blow out a port if you play on XBox then play on a PS2. It has to do with voltage issues, in short that the XBox has higher voltage than PS2. If you play only on a PS2 you will be fine, but in general you should put a PSX pcb in it.

theres a pretty old thread a couple pages back
look for it

it pretty much says it CAN be modded with happ parts