Modding SSF4AE for PC (NO DLC UNLOCKS!)

<blockquote class=“Quote”>How did you add in extra ultras (RIC.uc1.emabkup and RIC.uc2.emabkp)  files and make ono move editor be able to read it. <br><br>
</blockquote>

the same way you describe above<br>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/16906/error1">error1</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><blockquote class=“Quote”>How did you add in extra ultras (RIC.uc1.emabkup and RIC.uc2.emabkp)  files and make ono move editor be able to read it. <br><br>
</blockquote>

the same way you describe above<br></div>
</blockquote>

So your saying with any character if we put xxx.uc1.ema.bkup and or xxx.uc2.emabkp the games reads this of as animaton file as xxx.uc1.ema  and xxx.uc2.ema ?<br><br>Also if thats true could this work xxx.obj.ema.bkup or this xxx.obj.ema.bkp ?<br>

Can the other characters like Elena, Poison, Hugo be ported over aswell? I would like to start on this asap if it’s possible and if it is are there any requirements? Also would I be able to port animations from SFxT into AE without them looking wonky on characters in game?<br>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/19575/mugenlove100">mugenlove100</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/16906/error1">error1</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><blockquote class=“Quote”>How did you add in extra ultras (RIC.uc1.emabkup and RIC.uc2.emabkp)  files and make ono move editor be able to read it. <br><br>
</blockquote>

the same way you describe above<br></div>
</blockquote>

So your saying with any character if we put xxx.uc1.ema.bkup and or xxx.uc2.emabkp the games reads this of as animaton file as xxx.uc1.ema  and xxx.uc2.ema ?<br><br>Also if thats true could this work xxx.obj.ema.bkup or this xxx.obj.ema.bkp ?<br></div>
</blockquote>

oh no those are just backup files, the game doesn’t use them<br><br><br><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/65986/Will%20Smith">Will Smith</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Can the other characters like Elena, Poison, Hugo be ported over aswell? I would like to start on this asap if it’s possible and if it is are there any requirements? Also would I be able to port animations from SFxT into AE without them looking wonky on characters in game?<br></div>
</blockquote>

probably, idk who ported the rolento model.<br>

My bad I thought you found out how add in extra animations <br>

@hecz over at Ultra Street Fighter 4 PC Custom Skin Thread ported the models for Rolento/Kazuya/etc.<br><br>i’ll ask him if he’s kind enough to port some others or write a tutorial<br>

hum if you replace claw the game will crash when you would lose your claw<br>

Hey guys, sorry for buzzing in. Just wanted to thank you, error1!<br><br>Oh and awesome work on Rolento! We should try to add more slots to the main menus for upcoming characters so we won’t have to replace characters.<br>

Hmmm, could I replace seth with this file?

you have to take in account that replacing Seth, Rolento will have his health (800 HP or whatever it is in AE 2012)<br><br>Rolento as El Fuerte also has 900 (but it’s acceptable).<br>

Yet another oddly weird question: How do I edit the CMD list for a character? I tried looking it up over at sf4mods, but to my surprise, not a darn thing about that specific issue.<br>

Man, this thread just blew up since I last checked it! Great work with the Rolento port, everybody.<div><br></div><div>For getting his sounds, probably the only option is to use the ‘analog hole’ (by this, I mean running the audio output of your computer into the audio input jack) since I don’t think SFxT’s audio format is understood yet (at least, last I checked around). It will degrade quality some, unfortunately.</div><div><br></div><div>As for porting other characters, the major limiting factor is getting their colors to look right, since SFxT uses a weird color mixing format. You have to paint all of the textures 100% by hand, which is difficult and time consuming (there are some shortcuts but they leave your dudes looking creepy/corpsey). hecz’s ports used textures that were painted by some XNALara folks who are apparently really good at it. You can find quite a few on DeviantArt but it doesn’t look like Hugo is one of them :(</div><div><br></div><div>Here’s Elena: http://ik1l73r.deviantart.com/art/SFXT-Elena-293265915</div><div>and Poison: http://kse25.deviantart.com/art/Poison-1p-outfit-for-XNALara-290135529</div><div><br></div><div>The rest seem to be Tekken characters, but I can link to those, as well, if anyone wants to port them, too.</div><div><br></div><div>EDIT: also, adding additional character slots will require hacking the executable, as SSF4AE is not as easily extensible as SFxT.</div>

My guess would be in order to make Rolento’s staff work right, you would have to replace the EMG’s inside BLR_01_clw.emo with the EMG for Rolento’s staff. This was the only thing I could think of.<br><br>Also, I tried to add Ken’s Shippu Jinrai Kyaku animation from SFxT using the methods explained above, but his skeleton doesn’t look right when I do it. Any suggestions?<br>

another quick update<br>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35396368/ssf4ae%20rolento.zip<br>I can’t find where the game stores the name for the versus loading screen<br>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPzGYKSnSmI<br>

You’re on the SRK 1:st page again error1! FUCKING AWESOME work guys! I just cannot believe how damn fast you worked out Rolento error1…
I am still working on my stance, and you have successfully coded a whole damn character! That is freaking unbelievable.

I know you’re not the whole part to Rolento but mugenlove, hecz, and the others also get some credits. The art team that painted Rolento…

Blah! Awesome, fucking awesome!

dat ultra…

I was going to try and use some google-fu and help with the versus name thing, but the forum refresh killed all of the old links >.< I’ll try to work on it some this evening.

the old links redirects have been restored and they work now

error1: considering the Knifes super from Alpha3 was QCFx2 + Kicks… wouldn’t that motion make more sense in AE too? plus it wouldn’t come out by accident when rekkas are mashed :smiley:
just a suggestion…

it’s been qcfx2 + k for awhile

@error1
It looks like the versus screen names are stored in [install dir]\resource\ui\versus\versus, specifically in img7.emb.emz for El Fuerte. Here’s a lookalike SF4 font for anyone who wants to try and replace the names: http://www.dafont.com/ssf4-abuket.font

I’ll just use the low res one I have for now
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35396368/ssf4ae%20rolento.zip
made some tweeks to the bac/bcm and switched to codys vfx

edit: nvm, it seems you can only use codys knife if you replace cody