Modding the SF:AC - Wiring Help Needed

First of all I would like to thank you guys for dropping by to read my post. I am having some difficulty with the wiring and probably did something stupid by not buying a multimeter (which I will do)…

The stick is basically finished. I am using a comp stick and happ buttons. I got 5/6 buttons work (no B button), and I get no response from the joystick itself and the start/select buttons (that means no up/down/left/right/diagonals). I followed the guide at arcadestickmonk for the wiring, but it’s obvious I messed up somewhere.

I have a few questions…

1. What’s the recommended length for wire trimming (how much should I peel off)?
  2. Should the inside of the wires touch the contact at any points, if so where?
  3. In case I keep messing up (which… I probably will :wink: ) what type of wire can I purchase in case the provided wire becomes too short?
    and probably the most important question
  4. Where did I go wrong?

Can you take a photo of your wiring, Have already done this mod myself may be able to help…

Holy hell, well thanks to me bending some quick disconnects inward a bit, now everything works…

woops, that fix was fast. good for you man, enjoy your stick.