Modern Warfare 2 Glitch: How to play SNK XBLA games for Free

I just discovered this glitch from reading this article here: Worthplaying | ‘Modern Warfare 2’ (ALL) Bug Grants Free SNK Games

Essentially, with either a demo or full version of CoD: MW2, you can play the following SNK XBLA games in their full unlocked versions.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves, The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug XX and Samurai Showdown II.

I just tried it on Metal Slug XX and it works. It’s the weirdest thing ever. So until a fix comes out, enjoy your time with these ‘extended’ demos. :nunchuck:

you cant keep the full versions and get achievements and stuff though? cool either way

lol this is awesome. A friggin’ fighting game glitch. Free unlock to some great fighting games? lol, trying this now (damn, why did I sell my copy of MW2?)

Wow. Sounds like a neat lil glitch. Is there a way to image your drive and be able to disconnect from Live, recall the image and play the games whenever you want even after it the glitch has been fixed?

I think as long as you don’t play any of the SNK games online, you should be good to go.

Neat, kinda like the Shadow Complex demo that got patched, except even more weird b/c apparently one game somehow affects others. Already own most of those so too lazy to try it out, but pretty cool regardless.

I wonder why just the SNK games.

Damn. Just tested it out and it works. I thought that NGBC was a part of that list but it is not.

Good ish.

This is what came out of the care packages during the care package glitch?

how come no-one can figure out some cool shit for PSN…

Unlocked a ACHIEVEMENT : BUSTAA WOLVES !

:lol: I was thinking the same. Best PSN gets is accidental movie for free or random anime with boobz.

Looks I’ll be “getting” Metal Slug XX now.

i’m ashamed that you guys would pirate a FIGHTING game. I understand this being on some other forum, but on SRK where we live for fighting games? This thread should be locked like yesterday… seriously.

^You ass. This is a temporary glitch. It WILL get fixed and any achievements we earn aren’t recorded. Only plus is being able to keep save game data.

EDIT: While you are still an ass catchafire I do feel bad about this as achievements DO stick. I got the perfect round achievement in Garou but it shows up at the bottom of my game list. With that said I don’t feel too eager about playing all the games now. I didn’t expect for that to happen but I didn’t expect for any of this to happen.