MODS SUGGESTION THREAD: No crying in here

Like 1/3 of GD

Browsing SRK most days with a puny 750mb limit, even when I’ve forgot to turn images off when going into GD on 3G multiple times in a month I’ve never got anywhere near my limit.

I do, in about a week or so.

I don’t care who personally doesn’t have problems. Many of us DO have problems with this, either with phone bills or browser crashing or slowing down.

Some people browse less than others.

Surprisingly, its NOT RockB posting them big ass gifs…

Yeah, until you decided to jinx that just now. Thanks a lot.

Generally speaking if a mod has to intervene, they take the toys away from everybody. Tell those dumbasses to knock it off before they ruin it for everybody else.

oh i know, the issue is more about the occasional giant ass ones people post instead of just simple ass youtube clips, and people who post a gif to reply to every mother fucking post they post in.

I’m just wondering if there was a way to cap the size of gif’s linked on SRK.

I still prefer people just linking the mother fucking gif so I can choose whether or not I look at it.

The problem is systemic. Is every site on The Internet gonna have to accommodate people on data caps now? Shit’s stupid.

Yes but are other sites throwing 2 gigs of gifs at you, without warning?

We still don’t need people replying with no words and just recycled gifs.

More data gets wasted here, than youtube.

A lot of people still have data caps, it’s rude an arrogant to tell them they should just accept their data plan getting raped because idiots have no idea how data works.

Yes but are other sites throwing 2 gigs of gifs at you, without warning?

We still don’t need people replying with no words and just recycled gifs.

More data gets wasted here, than youtube.

A lot of people still have data caps, it’s rude an arrogant to tell them they should just accept their data plan getting raped because idiots have no idea how data works.

We got idiots spamming 40mb gifs multiple times in one thread, like it was LOLs.

Do what I did on 750 meg turn your sodding images off when on 3g.

Problem exists between the chair and the phone.

I usually do have images turned off.

Can we get the names of the main GD mod(s) posted on the front page of this thread or something. This way if we have to contact somebody we know who to go to right away.

The GD mods are:

Spoiler

There are no mods. You’re on your own, son!

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGLh9hRmRcM

GD is being lightly and lovingly moderated as befits GD. Don’t fuck up and you won’t notice.

I’m here when you inevitably need me

@Preppy hey something just set off my spam blocker on page 907 of the lounge…says url is malware.

says http://www.quote-coyote.com/album/small/drake-inspirational-quotes.jpg

That link when right-clicked save as spews out a bunch of HTML. I’m not going to bother deciphering it: it’s equally as possible that for direct clicks they serve up something innocuous.

Don’t use super random web sites for images. If they’ve got ads, it’s fairly likely their ad vendor will be compromised at some point.

Would be nice if people could change their avatars only once every 5 years.
Every time someone changes his avatar I don’t recognize them anymore and it feels like I’m in a completely alien forum.
And I always wonder where poster xy has gone.