Mokujin Arcade Stick For a newbie

Alright this is my first time post, and I’m sure you guys are all sick of newbies asking dumb questions, but i have read the FAQ and stickys on here, but i apologize ahead of time if I’m in the wrong section or posting something i shouldn’t be.

That being said, I want to make a fight stick. Just like every other person on the internet, and like most of them i don’t know how or have any skills. I do own a number fight sticks and have done some research. Right now i was thinking of taking my MadKatz SE fightstick, and getting some new buttons and a new joy stick for it. Pretty easy modification. The hard part is that i was hoping to get a wooden box, and puts the SE sticks guts in their, and make that my fight stick. The reason for this would be to resemble the character Mokujin from Tekken, seeing he is made from wood. I’m not looking for a dream arcade stick for cheap money. I know the time it will take and the money. I’m not looking for something turnement quality. I’m looking for a fun stick to use at home, and look nice on my shelf.

Well you came to the right place.

I start with reading www.slagcoin.com, the site it self is out of date when it comes to consoles but the building portion has not changed.
Then I head over to the [Info Thread: Rules, FAQs and Tutorials Inside.](Info Thread: Rules, FAQs and Tutorials Inside. (READ THIS BEFORE HITTING THAT NEW THREAD BUTTON!) and take a note of all the guides and threads Linked there. Its alot there, it may not all be reliant but I read everything you can.

I also recommend getting an aftermarket PCB (Like a Cthulhu, Cerberus , PS360+ ect) for your custom wooden case instead of gutting a Mad Catz SE.

Awesome thank you very much