Here is a write-up for beginners (and us unlearned pros).
NOTE: This info may not be the same as the final version.
NOTE2: A special thanks to Rogueyoshi, Xiii, FullMetal, and Fooligar for helping with this write-up.
:ub: :u: :uf:
:db: :d: :df:
:snka: = Light Attack
:snkb: = Medium Attack
:snkc: = Heavy Attack
:snkd: = Shift
Start = Taunt
Movement. All movements are for 1p
4 or 5 = Move
4 = Block
2 = Crouch
1 = Crouch Block
7, 8, or 9 = Jump
7, 8, or 9 then 7, 8, or 9 = Double Jump
66 = Dash (Only Siely can Airdash)
44 = Back Dash
669 = Super Jump
7, 8, or 9 during A, B, or C = Jump Cancel
A, B, C, D, 7, 8, or 9 upon hitting the ground = Tech Roll
4C or 6C = Throw
5A(repeated) or 2A (repeated) = A Chain Combo
66A, B, or C = Dash Attack
662A, B, or C = Other Dash Attack.
D while blocking = Barrier Shift (KoF Style CD Counter)
- Need full Shift Meter to activate. Starts Shift.
- Opponent cannot be juggled.
Shift Meter – This meter fills on its own. Once full, can activate Shift. Once shift is active, it lasts until the meter is drained.
Super Meter – Not really a meter. You can store up to 3 supers. You get a super every time you Shift.
Power Meter – Measures the aggressiveness of the players. Can only be filled for one player at a time. Filled with “points.”
Shifts. (AKA Modes)
- All shifts increase damage while active.
- If used in a combo, it sets the damage scaling to 50% if scaling is higher than 50%. It does nothing if the scaling is already below 50%.
- Gains the use of 5D, 2D, and j.D chargable Fireballs.
- Fireballs cost Shift Meter, gain more hits/damage when charged. Causes Wallbounce/Floorbounce.
- 5D is straight. 2D is upward angled. J.D is Downward angled.
- Barrier Shift becomes usuable at any time. Is now 5D fireball. Not invulnerable.
- Changes/Effects some character’s moves.
- Gains the use of 5D, 2D, and J.D dash cancels.
- Dash cancels cost Shift Meter.
- 5D is dash. 2D is short hop. j.D is an air dash.
- Barrier Shift becomes usuable at any time. It is now pushblock.
- Gains the use of 5D, 2D, and j.D attacks.
- D attacks cost Shift Meter.
- 5D has autoguard. 2D is invincible. j.D has autoguard. Causes wallbounce/floorbounce.
- Barrier Shift becomes usuable at any time. Is now 5D.
- Adds autoguard/invincibility to some character’s moves.
- A chains to B or C. B chains to C.
- Some characters can chain 5A and 2A. Almost no characters can chain B and 2B. None can chain C and 2C.
- A special moves chain to B or C special moves. B special moves chain to C special moves.
- Almost any move can be canceled with D moves (some throws can not).
- Shift during combo launches opponent in place. Opponent cannot tech roll this launch. Can only be canceled if it hits.
- Shift outside of combo cannot be canceled. (Unless you shift mid-air, does not have to hit).
- Any move can be whiff canceled into another move in the chain.
- As the number of hits increase, pushback increases. In juggles, gravity also increases with number of hits.
- The Power Meter fills whenever you hit an opponent (1 point). Your opponent gets the point added to their Power Meter if it is blocked.
- The meter fills 5 points for your opponent if you backdash.
- Shift, as well as most specials, count as two points.
- Once the meter is filled to 16 points, then the meter turns orange (begins as blue). An orange meter will decrease over time, but if a clash occurs, then the opponent will be launched in a slow fall state.
- A combo against a Power Broken opponent has no damage scaling.
- Knocking an opponent down (or being knocked down) resets this meter unless the knockdown is tech rolled.
Guard Fault – Occurs when hitting an opponent the way they are not blocking. Adds automatic 20% damage scaling to combo.
Air Counter – Occurs when hitting an opponent that is in the air. The anti-air hit does 150% damage.