MONTREAL ANNUAL TOURNAMENT 5Th UPDATE!

Hey folks,

As you might know Montreal’s 5th Annual Tournament is right around the corner so without further delay here is the official announcement:

• This year’s MAT will take place on march 30th and 31th 2007( friday and saturday)
  • Friday march 30th will be dedicated to the team tournaments (5$ participation fee per person) CASUAL AND MM which will be held at the reception hall at 3pm (hosted by Heero, manaboy and Smokey)

RULES: no glitch allowed , if you pressing the start button while playing a game we will be judging if your disqualify or not depanding what are the circonstance. example if you making a super on the person while mashing your super for extra damage you hit the start button u wont be disqualify ,because it wont affect the game at all , but if you playing and suddenly you hit the start button u will lost that round. SO becarefull with the start button dont put your feet or anything near it make it clear!!

Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike Team Tournament
$10 entry ($5 per player on team)
double elimination tournament
Single game per match
2 out of 3 games Semi Finals (Winners & Losers)
3 out of 5 games grand finals

Capcom vs SNK 2 Team Tournament
$15 entry ($5 per player on the team)
Single game per match

• This uses Ratio rules for the team. Either R4, R3:R1, R2:R1:R1

Marvel vs Capcom 2 Team Tournament
$15 entry ($5 per player on team)
Single game per match

Saturday march 31st will be dedicated to the SINGLES (MAIN EVENT) which will be held in the reception hall and will be played on consoles.This is where the country’s finests will be battling it out for the title of the best player in Canada!!!

• The games included are: MVC2, CVS2, 3S & A3

IMPORTANT**

*Due to some logistic problems the SSBM community will no longer be part of this year’s MAT as previously announced

Sorry for any inconvenience this maybe be causing some of you.

Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike Singles Tournament(AA Edition PS2 version)
$10 entry fee double elimination tournament
2 out of 3 for the regular matches
3 out of 5 games Semi Finals (Winners & Losers)
4 out of 7 games grand finals

Capcom vs SNK 2 Singles Tournament(PS2 version)
Single game per match

Marvel vs Capcom 2 Singles Tournament(DC Version)

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Singles Tournament(Alpha Anthology on PS2)
$5 entry fee double elimination tournament

Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo Singles Tournament(CCC2 version on PS2)
$5 entry fee double elimination tournament

Due to a very popular demande we have added
Xmen Vs Street Fighter (PC emulated version)(Run by Aznretro)

The prize structure will be as follows:

1st place 65%
2nd pace 25%
3rd place 10%

**The following only concerns the Street Fighter community:

There will be a 10$ entry which will be used to cover the costs associated with renting the reception hall and there will be no microphone or speakers rented due to the cost of the 2 days renting hall , if you guys really want it we can always rent it but the cost will be abit more then 10$ and i really dont think u guys willing to pay more.**

RECEPTION HALL ADDRESS:
2220, Patricia Street
Montreal H4L 2Y2

For the people that could help out with TVs and PS2s please post in this thread ! Thanks in advance
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=125131

See yall there!!!

Mao

perfect … GOOD JOB MAO !!

yeah the other thread was full of useless crap

nice shit mao , i just hope nobody complain this time

at least now you chose the big room ! its perfect

Is ST for real? And if so, which console version? CCC2 or DC?

:rofl: Nothing brings Kevin out from wherever he’s been like Super Turbo :rofl:

Mao; please make sure we have CCC2 version of ST and AA version of Alpha 3. The Dreamcast versions of both games are not acceptable if we want to be as close to arcade perfect as possible. In fact, the only game that should be on Dreamcast is Marvel.

Has anyone approached the Tekken community about adding Tekken 5 to the roster? It’d represent another revenue stream to offset costs and I’m sure they have a few players that cross play other games as well.

BEASTING!!!:lovin:

hum i dont have ST and alpha3…but i can get alpha3 anthology version and ST on ps2 is that good??? i dunno about tekken …since no body play tekken in montreal…

but so far:
cvs2 (ps2)
mvc2(dreamcast)
3strikes(ps2)
alpha3(ps2)
Super turbo(ps2)
its the main game.

whoa cvs2 on PS2?? Just wondering why that is?

There’s no difference between the PS2 and DC versions of CvS2 aside from the impact sprites AFAIK. The PS2 version just rules out any stopped games or resistor issue with US sticks that the DC version may present.

K Thanks. I was told the ps2 version wasn’t as good but I’ll take your word for it.
What are the differences in the impact sprites ( I use them to help me hit confirm)?

The hotboxes are the same (just to clarify) as the arcade. The impact sprites are… wider? I don’t know how to really describe it. They are noticably different than the arcade version (and the Dreamcast version which is a direct port from what I can tell) version though and someone like yourself that plays the game regularly will see it instantly.

cool. Thanks for the info.

this aint mao’s writing! oowwn

Oh shit, consoles?

I’mma bring my pad!

Pad warrior 4 life!

Edit: And I can confirm the PS2 version of CvS2 is practically the same other than for bigger overall resolution, which doesn’t change anything really. Sprites look bigger and all, but everything works just like on arcade or Dreamcast.

Also, I’m still routing for GGXX but hey that ain’t ever gonna happen if even Toronto, who have a CAB, can’t get the shit going. Goddamn.

SUPER TURBO will be CCC2, but there will only be 1 tv for it Dogberry just so you know and your not dissapointed to travel all the way here. =) If you stilll wanna come and I can guarantee yopu that if our best player comes to the tournament your in for some damn good challenge

Also Alpha 3 will be held on PS2 AA version, don’t worry Justin MTL is hardcore A3 fans we all know very well that teh DC version is garbage

The only game that wll be run on Dreamcast is MVC2, we’re gonna edit the threrad to clarify this.

alpha3 i am ready to gamble with your guys!!

What’s going on with Slash? Does Montreal have enough players to have a quick 8 - 12 person tournament? I’d be willing to join if it’s like $5 and I’m sure DarkDragon would be more than happy to take everyone’s money in that game too.

Well, if Fred comes with me, I can guarantee we’ll have at least two Ottawa players. So yeah we only need like 4 other people and we can do a small side tournament, and I’d really like that to happen.

I’m still bringing my PS2 with Swap Magic so I can MM anyone who thinks they can take me on.