More classic Konami shooters hitting the PSP

http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/633.html

Funny after spending all night at work thinking about how much I’d love to play Sexy Parodius on my PSP, Konami says “Well, we have a surprise, here it is!”

Now, if only Psikyo would release a Gunbird Collection and Sengoku Ace Collection.

Twinbee collection too!!! damn, i was waiting for this

it’s too bad they aren’t bringing it over stateside, but these are gonna be pretty badass anyway…

Not brought over stateside? Pffft…

I wonder if they do that shit on purpose for the sake of increasing demand and import prices…or something.

Perhaps not on a console but such games might sell decent on a handheld in U.S, eh?

The PSP isn’t dead yet?

Those games were all released on the Saturn and Playstation in Japan only. I’m guessing it’s because they were popular in arcades in Japan, which still flourish to this day, but the arcade scene in the US was in decline during that era and is today, which is why most schmups don’t see a US release anymore.

Anywho, Play-Asia has all three titles listed at $40 upon release, although I’d imagine they’ll drop to $30 after a few months just as Gradius Collection did.

No, but the UMD format sure is.

Just as I was planning on buying a DS. If they get ported here, then I’ll definately get a PSP. Also, I hope the two player feature for the Salamander games, Gokujou Parodius, Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius, Sexy Parodius, and the TwinBee games will be kepted this time. They removed two player in Gradius Gaiden if I remember.

But I have a feeling the Parodius collection will get an “M” rating, cause of nudity in Sexy Parodius.

Are the Konami PSP collections (Gradius, Salamander, Parodius, and Twin Bee) worth getting? I’ve been wondering how the arcade games in those collections are treated: arcade perfect, not, better? I’ve also am interested in the shmup XEXEX, been hearing good things about it.