MKT hit the PS1 sometime around September of 96 and even though Im big on MK (most 1,2,3 and Ultimate) MKT was definetly a dissapointment. It was cool when it first came out but as the game evolved it became more and more stupid. Alot of aspects were missing like stages for one,missing frames etc. if Midway wasnt so lazy back then Trilogy would have been a really good game if it were released on the Arcade. Heres what I think should have been done to make Trilogy Arcade Perfect!
- Eliminate the 4 bosses as playable
- Add ALL the stages in. Alot of stages from part 1 were missing. (Courtyard, 2nd level after Courtyard, Statue Level, Shang TShung’s Throne Room)
- Keep all the music original. (The Pit level from part 1 for instance has MK3 music on it to note one of a few)
- Give the Old school chracters frames. They just went plain lazy here, OG has they’re walk frame as a run. Poor! :tdown: Either that or just dont give them run at all, take away auto combo and make them deal damage.
- Tone down chracters. Chracters are stupidly over prioritized and broken!
- Eliminate Raidens backwards FB.
- Slow down Noob’s disiabler FB.
- Tweak and eliminate all infinate capable combo’s. UMK3 had 100%'s I belive but no infinites. Old Kano is broken!
- Fight all Bosses on they’re respective platforms. (Goro in Goro’s lair, Kintaro the Arena)
- No Boss Endurance fights. At all.(Kintaro and Goro as an endurance match) There are 30 + characters in the game, theres no need for bosses to be set to endurance fights. Keep them solo.
Now Trilogy COULD have been good if they actually took they’re time and actually cared but oh well. Some friends of mine were actually talking about doing MKT over as a mugen or something but I doubt that’ll work!
Oh well looking foward to MK 6!!! :tup: