"Movie And A Show" Thread: Popcorn Optional

Anybody seen Tenet?

Way too many reviews say great visuals but ok story, if we weren’t in a pandemic I would watch. Hell I went to see Gemini Man after reading reviews, but at this point I can wait.

3 Likes

please let this happen

I need to see the rock charge in on the back of a triceratops

I saw it if you want to scroll further up. I did a vague spoiler free review of the movie, I thought the story was OK but some of the rules for how things work were kind of murky and didn’t make that much sense. It kind of felt like a James Bond movie but with a more convoluted plot. I have considered giving it a second viewing but the shaky cam effects gave me a massive headache the first viewing so I haven’t been that eager to see it again. I do get motion sickness from too much shaky cam in movies, which is why I tend to hate that visual effect.

3 Likes

Love and Monsters trailer…

3 Likes

I should rewatch this…as my childhood nostalgia probably won’t forgive this anymore

2 Likes

The CGI is awful. Most everything else holds up if you keep in mind it’s Power Rangers. Ivan still da goat.

5 Likes

Weirdly enough they would later use similar CGI in the show proper.

1 Like

My 10 year old eyes thought it looked awesome so yea why not?

1 Like

There are a number properties that had movies that we thought were awesome, but when you rewatch them, they range from meh to ass.

The 1986 Transformers movie comes to mind. The movie is solid for roughly the first 1/3rd. Then it becomes a boring space opera. I will say that the animation was the GOAT for the series though. I’ve seen it a few times just for the nostalgia hit but I was at home. I saw it a couple years ago in the theater. It felt a lot longer than it should.

1 Like

On the Rocks trailer…

2 Likes

Surprised that Monster Energy drink didn’t force them to change the title :eyes:

1 Like

Synchronic trailer…

4 Likes

I didn’t know this happened. Between 1990 VS 2018. Now it’s 2020 and like the old saying goes… The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The Croods New Age trailer…