Welcome to the game thread for the inaugural SRK game of MSPaint Whispers. “What the hell is that, post-09’er” I hear you ask. Well, it’s essentially a fantastic blend of Chinese whispers with MSPaint.
The way the game works is pretty simple. Players are divided into “describers” and “drawers”, with an even number of both participating.
The way it works is fairly straight forward. The first describer is shown a stimulus image chosen by myself. They then attempt to describe that picture to the first drawer in 10 words via PM. You can not include a copy of the original image, nor a link to where it can be found (ie. re-upload it to imgr). The first drawer then attempts to draw the described scene in MSPaint. The drawer has 24 hours to produce their image, before that image is shown to the next describer.
Describers: Act like you would in a game of Chinese whispers. You have 10 words to describe the picture presented to you, and have 12 hours to do so.
Drawers: Attempt to draw a picture that matches the described scene. You have 24 hours within which to do so.
Players (this list does not reflect the final draw order, it does show the three RNG-decided players though).
- Missing Person
- Pimp Willy
- Combo Knight
- This is a game about trying to convey information accurately. Obviously, we like to have fun on SRK but if your entire description is “dicks x10” I’m probably going to ask you to resubmit it.
- Don’t post anything related to the drawing/describing in the game thread. Feel free to say when you’ve had your turn, however it’s a lot more fun if players are left guessing until the end so I wont be publically posting the real order until the game has concluded.
- You are not allowed to include a link to the stimulus image you were given as part of your description. The same goes for the drawings, it cannot just be a list of the 10 words you were presented with. Small details may be allowed, ie a shop name indicating that a building is a McDonalds, but that is pretty much the extent of it.
- Don’t be an asshole and try and exploit some loophole or another. I might have left something out of the rules but this isn’t mafia, it’s Chinese Whispers.
- Have fun! Be creative! Lynch Fuzz!
- Collaging in pictures is unfortunately going to be against the rules. You are welcome to use programs other than MSPaint, as long as you adhere to the other rules.
- Drawings are to be submitted via the stimulus PM, and ideally should be submitted in .jpg, .gif, .bmp or .png formats. There are a number of locations you can upload the image to, including tinypic.com, postimage.org, photobucket.com etc.
Prizes etc will be announced post-game so that no-one tries to specifically cater their responses to winning a prize.
As of posting this, our first describer will be given 12 hours (Deadline 7am CDT / 8am EDT / 10pm AEST) to send me their 10-word description.