Multiple people shot at Sikh temple in Mlwaukee County by 40 year old white Army vet

Seven people killed including the shooter. Shooter identified as 40 year old Army vet Wade Michael Page. Sources currently imply he might have been a white supremacist.

Latest Updates from CNN:

****[Updates 2:45 p.m.] ****Greenfield police Chief Brad Wentlandt says four people were found dead inside the temple, three dead outside; one of those outside was the gunman.
**[Updates 2:27 p.m.] **The suspect shot by an officer was killed, authorities said.

Earlier stuff:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/05/gunman-sikh-temple-wisconsin

Apparently multiple shooters still holding hostages inside the temple [Edit- or not, chalk it up to early misreporting]:

Early speculation on the motives of the shooter?

On Sikhism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism

I haven’t read anything about it, but I’m going to go out on a limb and assume the shooter was crazy.

Excellent chance of that regardless of the immediate motive.

Another white serial killer making the rest of us look bad

Things currently unknown:

1. The motive of the shooter.
  2. The skin color of the shooter.

Keep it in your pants, fellas. These knee-jerk assumptions help nothing. A shooting is bad enough; let’s not turn this into the giant pile of fecal matter that is the Martin/Zimmerman thread.

According to another article:

According to recent information broadcast over police radio, a witness to the shooting told law enforcement the shooter was a white male, with a heavy build, bald head and wearing a sleeveless T-shirt. He was last seen with two handguns.

Look at that, I didn’t have to read the article and I knew it was a white guy. Why are all serial killers white people?
My guess is that it’s Mr. Clean or Kurt Angle

Maybe he’s hispanic.

Sorry. I have no idea why I said that.

Some hispanic people do look White

From the CNN live blog:

**[Update 1:57 p.m.] One officer was shot multiple times, and one suspect was also shot, **Greenfield police Chief Brad Wentlandt said. The officer is expected to survive. Wentlandt said the suspect was “put down.”

Because they ARE. There are caucasian hispanics, like the people in latin countries in Europe, and the ruling class in Mexico. There are black hispanics, black people from latin countries like Brazil and Cuba. And lastly there are asian hispanics. Mestizo mexicans (indians, both kinds, are considered asian), for example.

making who look bad? White people, or serial killers?

-Starhammer-

Or all of the above? (You gotta remember to cover ALL the bases, hammer-man.)

Well, not that we really know yet but “serial killer” refers to something specific that the perpetrator here isn’t likely to be.

Psycho killer maybe?

Gonna say shooter watches Fox News

whatever happened to the good old days when we just blamed it all on the black guy?

…oh whats that? Still those days? Hrmmm

…black guy did it

What a Sikh individual.

cuz black folks only does petty crimes

Booyah. Thread derailed.

pelvic thrusts

There was a shooting and people died a couple blocks from me. The reason this is different from the shootings every night is because apparently some person was important. The reason I assume this is because there are cops questioning people on every block here. So many cops everywhere all of a sudden. Usually no cops at all. Also, even though there’s a shooting every night, nothing gets reported. This time I saw a NY1 van. I wonder what happened.

Shout outs to Brooklyn.