MvC GGPO February 23

It was suggested that I announce tourneys here as well. If this section is not meant for online tournaments, I apologize and mods can please dele the topic. This may however get more exposition to GGPO tourneys, so I hope it is OK to let the thread here. Thank you!

Date: February 23rd - Saturday
Time: 9 PM EST
Game: MvC
Format: Singles, Double Elimination, Random Brackets, Best of 3 (2/3) for every round, except Winner’s Finals and Grand Finals, which will be Best of 5 (3/5).
Organizers: Fort (me) and Rookie so far. Whoever wants to help is very welcome.
No prizes. Just fun!

We’ll do what more experienced organizers like WSOP and MagnetoManiac do. If you’re not at the tourney room by 9PM EST, you’re out (so be there 8:50). You guys have days to prepare for it. If you’re not there when your name is called, you’re out. If you need to go to the bathroom, answer the phone or whatever, tell me on CAPS on the chat and you’ll get 5 minutes.

Organizers will post everything in CAPS. When you win, write XXX BEAT XXX in Caps (thanks WSOP for creating the concept) and we’ll take note.

If all goes well with good participation and fun for everyone we’ll keep having monthlies.

IF YOU’RE IN WRITE “IN” HERE AND POST YOUR GGPO NICK

Good luck to everybody!

List of players so far:

1 - Rookie
2 - Fort
3 - King
4 - Messiah
5 - Phisejr
6 - Jim Rhodessssssss! (BobbyPiggo)
7 - Captain Cow
8 - Atomik
9 - .tobiaS
10 - Hao_
11 - Touchay
12 - Cooler
13 - alanmargolies
14 - blkhurricane
15 - Jesus (Jeff)
16 - iDragon
17 - Justin Wong
18 - Im_TokeTopo
19 - Fireo
20 - denjinkilla
21 - funk1up
22 - T-Kimura
23 - Aquablast
24 - Zidcrow
25 - DarkCloud (Seamaster)
26 - Z.e.r.o
26 - MindGame
27 - OneWingedAngel
28 - Vice_Versa
29 - game_tip
30 - Chicken_Power
31 - morphus56k
32 - Orv
33 - Window
34 - Unessential
35 - CrAsh
36 - CloudLink
37 - Spartaaa
38 - NewYork-Aoneone
39 - Lorcatomic

Not confirmed:

40 - Robin
41 - -C-
42 - DevilBringer
43 - r@z
44 - Siyko

IMPORTANT - This is not an expert-only tourney. I just started 2 months ago. Rookie is also new. And we expect many newcomers. The idea is just for everybody to have a good time. Top players can fight for the best places and we all can just enjoy the tourney, and try to do as well as we can.

Original topic - http://ggpo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=466

I’m in fort!

You and Rookie did a great job running that last one, and it was so much fun to have a tourney with strong entrys from all around the world.