MvC2: Each Characters Effective Guardbreaks Thread

what the effective/useful guardbreaks for each and every character on MvC2? post up. NOTE: assist strategies are welcome, but this is considering if you’re using the character solitary.

purpose: to become a comprehensive list of the effective guardbreaks for each character, as a reference and FAQ by the srk community.

• Akuma / Gouki
  • Amingo
  • Anakaris
  • B.B.Hood / Bulleta
  • Bison / Vega
  • Blackheart
  • Cable
  • Cammy
  • Captain America
  • Captain Commando
  • Charlie / Nash
  • Chun-Li
  • Colossus
  • Cyclops
  • Dan Hibiki
  • Dhalsim
  • Dr.Doom
  • Felicia
  • Gambit
  • Guile
  • Hayato Kanzaki
  • Hulk
  • Iceman
  • Iron Man
  • Jill Valentine
  • Jin Saotome
  • Juggernaut
  • Ken Masters
  • Magneto
  • Marrow
  • Megaman / Rockman
  • Morrigan Aensland
  • Omega Red
  • Psylocke
  • Rogue
  • Roll
  • Ruby Heart
  • Ryu
  • Sabretooth
  • Sakura Kasugano
  • Hiyakeshita Sakura
  • Sentinel
  • Servbot / Kobun
  • Shuma-Gorath
  • Silver Samurai
  • Sonson
  • Spider-Man
  • Spiral
  • Storm
  • Strider Hiryuu
  • Thanos
  • Tron Bonne
  • Venom
  • War Machine
  • Wolverine (MvC v.)
  • Wolverine (XvSF v.)
  • Zangief / Mecha Zangief

will update list with author.

Uh, well I know a couple for the top tier (yes yes, booo):

Mag:

1. Sj lk, ad.df lk, lk
  2. Sj Rh, ad.df lk lk
  3. Sj Fp/rh, ad.df lp/lk XX hypergrav tempest
  4. Sj ad.f lk, hypergrav tempest
  5. Sj ad.f lk lk, hypergrav tempest
  6. Call Cable-B, hypergrav tempest

Storm:

1. Sj ad.f lk, slight delay, lk, LA XX LS
  2. Sj Fp, ad.df lk lk, LA XX LS

Can’t think of any others atm, though much of the basic GBs consist of a jumping jab/short, then landing and launching. Sorry if what I posted isn’t what you wanted or something. :confused:

Tron Bonne:
jp Servbot Launcher, King Kobun

Strider: Call Bird, (C.Fierce/XX Orbs)
Captain Commando: Jennety, (Launch/Corridor)
Sentinel: QCF+Short Drones, (Launch)
Cable: J.Fierce / AHVB

Sorry to play the role of Captain Obvious with that last one.

[EDIT: These may work midscreen, but I’m discussing them in an “incoming character” context.]

Hulk - s. HK, roundhouse Gamma Charge (keeping your charge is a bit tricky at first, but you get used to it). This is the “standard” one as far as I’m concerned, pretty reliable.

Another one you can try is to make them block a j. LP really early while calling Jugg-b at the same time; the Jugg-b gets in, and from there you have a number of options (launch, gamma charge XX super, command throw, etc.). A bit harder to do consistently, and it’s Jugg-specific, so therefore not as all-purpose as the one listed above.

Great idea BlodiaVulcan5, thanks… :cool:

Sakura: J.LK, LK Senpu Kyaku.

Rogue J.D.RK (do it early so that Rogue’s body will graze them then C.FP into AC)

The guardbreaks I do are kind of hooey cuz they get neutered if they take the hit, but the better ones set up mindgames if they take the hit.

Hulk: jump jab, gamma quake. If you take jab, then I can airthrow you into falling short gamma quake anyway :smiley:
Megaman: jump fierce, land, launch. if they take the hit, um, infinite? It’s not TOO hard.
Morrigan: jump fierce (hit em with top of cage), DI.
Wolverine/Bonerine: jump roundhouse, wait, drill claw. Not much, but better than nothing.
Blackheart: jump fierce (hit them with demons before they get low), then launch into whatever, or HOD.
Doom: jump jab, land, DF+RH. or, fly fierce, wait, APA
Guile: jump roundhouse, land and wait a bit, then s.jab -> s.strong -> c.fierce. Looks dope.
Cyclops: jump fierce, land and launch. it’s pretty crappy but you’d be surprised how many people block the jump fierce.

Cyclops: Jumping HK, Gene Splice(Works best in corner, cancle into Super Optic Blast if you can).
CapCom: Jennety,(Wave-dash if you’re not near the corner)C.D/F+HP, Captain Corridor(Cancle into Captain Sword if you can).
Iron Man/War Machine: Jumping LP, HP…

Cyclops’ Guard break is too darn easy to do when you’re in the corner…It seems impossible to not pull it off.
Peace:)