RESULTS!:
1st: Finesse
2nd: Fanatiq
3rd: Soo Might
4th: Megaman DS
6th: Illan & B.B. Hood
8th: Chris King & Raul
12th: Vladimir, Highder, Laurence & Shogun

Great matches everybody! Thank you Megaman and Illan for your help with the tournament. We got 24 people for this tournament. There was a problem with the seed list but everything got squared away. I’ll probably hold another tournament in about a month or so, but I’ll put a 2 week notice, both in the tournaments board and the FFA MvC2 thread.

Next time, tell me if you are here with your buddies so I can seperate you from the beginning. I’ll split you two up for the first matches, but the next few tiers will stay as scheduled. Don’t ask me to split you after the first rounds are all done, please.

Again, thanks everyone, and for the next tournament show up early!

**Game: **
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA
(818) 360-0419

Time:
Saturday May 31st
Starts @ 7:00PM
Sign-ups start @ 6PM

Rules:
Entry Fee: $5. Pot will be split 70/20/10 (1st/2nd/3rd). In the unlikely event that we receive an extra-large amount of players, we will be closing sign-ups after 64 players. If you want to guarantee yourself a spot show up early!

In preperation for EVO we’re going to stick with EVO’s ruleset:

2/3 matches, Double Elimination Bracket.

You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.

Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.

Winner must keep same starting character, but can switch the order of assists.

Winner may not use the “Switch Glitch” to have a different starting character.

EVO didn’t list these rules, but they should be obvious:

Winner must keep the same characters.

Winner must use the same assist types on each character.

NOTE: The Head-2-head cabinets should be working fine. The 70’ right screen is working. The P1 joystick of the smaller showcase has down issues, and the left 70’ screen is broken. All of these problems will be fixed as soon as possible. (5/27/08)

Please feel free to post any questions/comments in this board. If there’s anything I forgot to mention, remind me and I might put it up here.

EDIT: Added Results

Who are you? You’re new to SRK and I haven’t seen that many new people at FFA lately from the times that I am there. Are you a long time FFA marvel player?

I’m a long-time fighting game player, recent SRK member.

I’m an employee at FFA. You can call me Nate, Id or what some people have been calling me for some reason “Andy”. I’m the tall guy with glasses.

I’ll be running a lot more tournaments at FFA in the future.

What a coincidence my name is Andy. I used to run the marvel tournies(specifically ranbats) at FFA. I would go to this tourney but I have work. The times you posted are not what FFA MvC 2 players are used to for tournies so I hope you get a good turn out for this one.

bbhood is right, no one in hell is gonna show up at 3PM, most players are still sleeping at that time, usually ranbats start at 7:00PM at the earliest, but that just translates to 8 or 9pm cuz everyone lags

Holy cow, a tourny at FFA?

Since we haven’t had a tournament in a long time (this will not be part of a ranbat series of tournaments), I’m not sure what would be wholly acceptable with the community. I chose 3PM because every other tournament we’ve been hosting recently has started between 12-2PM. I have no clue how long the tournament will take because I have no clue how the turn-out will be. If I start a tournament at 7PM we could be there until 1AM.

I chose the time based on our typical tournament standards, but if it’s a problem I can push it back, maybe 5PM? People are late anyways for tournaments, so if I did it at 7PM you’re right, 8 or 9 would be when it starts and then we’d be there until the place closed.

We’ll see about the time, I have 10 days to change it. If the community wants it later we’ll make it later.

Yeah, the tourny should be around 7-8 ish like always. Also, shouldn’t the losers finals/grand finals at least be 3/5?

64 entrants…for Marvel… at FFA…?

Well if you change the time to 7pm I will be there. If being there till closing bothers you I can run the rest of the tournament if you happen to leave before the tourney is over. Hell, I can even help you run the tourney since I am familiar with the players and have experience running them (Tournies I run go pretty fast). I don’t think it will last till closing though if we have 3 working setups.

I don’t have a problem starting the tournament at 7, I’ll probably change it, but I’d like a little bit more feedback before I do. Say I change it to 7 then a whole bunch of people post saying they can only make it at 8 or something.

I’ll change the time this Friday once I’m sure I’ve got a good time setup.

just make it 7 FIRM, if people are late, then they pay a extra fee into the pot if there are still spots by the time they get there

cool, nice. ill try to make it. 7pm is perfect

damn thats a drive from san bernardino haha. im down to make it tho!

Time change? Now I can go. :^)

To anybody who has been paying attention only to this thread and not the MvC2 FFA matchmaking one:

There has been a dispute about machines without sound. P2 on the head-to-head cabinets has no sound, but we weren’t planning on using it in the tournament. The problem has been the 33" cabinet, which does not have stereo sound.

here was my reply:

Feel free to comment about it on this thread if you want to comment.

Don’t you mean double elimination?

You’re right, EVO is done with a swiss bracket, idk why I thought it was single elimination. I’ve fixed the rules to reflect this.

is this tournament worth going to?

yes, its the first in 6 months with alot of new players

i will bring camera also