MvC3: Claws and a Bra. X-23 Thread

I forget how you execute your MFCs. Do you tend to hold S down or P-link it? I am able to do both to some extent but still am amongst the many who are too scared to use MFCs in matches -.-

I hold S. I thought it would be weird holding S down the whole time playing X-23 but luckily X-23 never needs to use her air S outside of certain juggle combos or for the launch which is easy enough to get adjusted to with practice. I used to do the plink but the problem with plink is that if you drop the plink, S launcher will come out and you will probably die. X-23 doesn’t exactly survive combos very nicely and especially in a tournament you wanna mitigate those issues that randomly kill her off.

If you hold S and screw up an MFC you will just get a L mirage feint most of the time which is much safer. The nice thing about the hold S in general is that you dont have to worry about pressing a bunch of buttons. It’s basically just like doing HK tatsu in SF repeatedly until you’re ready to H mirage feint into combo.

eh, idk… really, when i drop the MFCs i usually either get a H Feint (coz i was doing it too fast) or a Dirt nap (coz i pressed L+H together)… i dont get a launcher that often… plus you dont really need to “plink” it. The way I do is just go s.H xx qcb.L+S (hold for a bit)> repeat, or s.M s.H xx qcb.L+S (hold for a bit)> repeat and works pretty well for me.

quick question Djin, the combo you use after Dirt nap on incoming character dash ankle slicer OTG> XF… any chance you can list it? I’m a bit busy atm so i cant go back to whatever vid i saw it in and see the combo again ^___^

Well if I remember correctly…

If I’m in lvl 1 XF it’s OTG ankle slice, XF activate, s.H, qcb+H, M, H, land, jump forward, M, H, S, qcf+L, land, s.M, s.S launch, j.M, M, H, d+H, qcf+L, land OTG ankle slice, super.

If I’m in level 2 XF then I go for the S relaunch one (my brother likes this one and got me using it). OTG ankle slice, XF activate, s.H, qcb+H, M, H, land, jump forward, M, H, S, qcf+L, land, s.M, s.S launch, j.M, M, H, d+H, qcf+L, land OTG ankle slice, S launch to relaunch, j.M, M, H, d+H, qcf+L, ankle slice, super.

An easier variation for the level 2 XF one is just to do OTG ankle slice, XF activate, S launch, j.M, H, qcf+L, land, OTG ankle slice, S launch, j.M, H, qcf+L, land, OTG ankle slice etc. for about another 2 or 3 reps until they’re dead or do super.

sweet, much appreciated.

In the interest of having the UMvC3 character threads be as awesome as possible, I am posting here to offer up my current Ultimate Dormammu Thread as a base skeleton to anyone who intends to manage a character thread, or something similar, in Ultimate. It is currently stripped of information, and will remain so until about a week before release. I am not attempting to toot my own horn, but rather offer to others what took me quite a bit of work to do, so that those who would rather not spend the time on such things do not have to.

I have received a lot of compliments to-date about the structure, and a few people have requested permission to use its structure for UMvC3, so I thought I would go around and make the offer to others who might not be aware that someone out there has already done the grunt work for them (haha). Because I am posting this in all the character forums, and this is time consuming on its own, I have not taken the time to check for how developed the thread I am posting on current is. Thus, I ask that no one be offended at my suggestion if your character forum is well constituted already - I mean no intrusion upon your methodologies!

Here is a link to the thread blueprint:

You can get an example of what it looks like when filled out here:

You are of course entirely welcome to change whatever you like if you want to incorporate this structure into your own thread. I have all of my posts saved as Word documents on my computer. If you would like these documents instead of having to copy/paste from the main threads, please feel free to PM me your email address, along with the character thread they will be used for, and I will gladly send them.

Highest Regards to All,
Karst

I might do it if no one else is interested in it, I’m already working on the other 2 characters in my team (Ghost Rider and Vergil) I can probably cover x-23 as well.

Thoughts?

I’m interested in contributing in any way I can. I’ve been a fan of the character ever since her creation, so at the very least I could write up a bio or something. I’d also be up for doing the rundown of her normals, specials, and hypers, and basic bulk of the writing, but it would probably be better if a more knowledgeable player handled the team synnergy and matchups write-up.

The format looks promising. I’d be willing to contribute as well. Would like a one-stop shopping place for X-23 info. Let’s make it happen!!

k then, I’m currently working on the Ghost Rider one and Vergil is on hold, when i finish both (end of October maximum) I’ll start the x-23 one, shouldnt be too hard considering that she’s not new and from what we know so far none of the changes she got in Ultimate are anything major or gameplan changing so most of vanilla’s technology and info should still apply.

Either way, I already made the place-holder thread, I’ll start working on it as soon as i can, but you’re all welcome to post/contribute whatever you can.

Great, I’ll have some time tomorrow, I can go ahead and cover some of the grunt work. Do you want me to PM whatever I get done?

Subscribed. I took a liking for her late MvC3, so might as well continue to Ultimate. :lovin: She’s a big part of the reason I want to keep playing and get better at the game despite the beatdowns, so I hope I can make something like Laura/Chun/good 3rd dude and/or beam cover(or some similar team). Now if I can just get out of my old mindsets and -not- play Dr Doom like he was in MvC2… :lol: :sad:

On an unrelated note, it might just be me, but I find her select screen/loading screen pic in Ult to be kinda “derpy”…

Ryu looks like Brock from Pokemanz now so I know what you mean. X-23 looks like an angered cat in her pic. LOL.

I do like the new official artwork for her.

Got this as my wallpaper. “Come at me BRO”

Ohhhh, I like that Jin. You’re tempting me to change my X-23 #1 background. :3

On the subject of X-23 art, new avatar :slight_smile: Shamelessly ripped from some comics website. haha

Oh I love cats and the wallpaper looks awesome…I would put it as my Background but that would involve me getting rid of Haggar pliedriving a shark

Random bump but whatever, seems like the only fitting x-23 thread to do some shameless advertisement =P

[media=youtube]zPervzR097s[/media]

^
My Cross Assault audition Video, help your fellow x-23 brethren get in and bust some heads lol.

Peace~

I feel a lot better about X-23 now, after practising her high damage combos more and finding a more suitable team for her. Even managed to find a consistent 1.mil combo with Ammy’s Cold Star(posted it in the combo thread) and tailored it to work on all characters now. Helps that the combo itself generates a lot of meter, so if I kill one character with the combo, I can still end up building 2 bars on the next char and kill off that char too. So potentially, X-23 can take care of any two characters at 1.05mil and below.

Fighting against characters who thrive at super jump height and/or have strong normals/zoning/other ways to counter X-23’s approach are still a massive pain though. Now I have to incorporate more mix-ups/spacing and work on some proper defence.

Why are you posting in this dead thread, Ryuga?

To be honest, I couldn’t find another place to post random X-23 stuff haha.This seemed like the most relevant one for it. I should be posting info in the Compilation Thread, which I will today! Got more combos to post. But aside from that, what else should I post? More team related stuff? Or more techniques?