MVC3 TE layout?

Is the marvel vs capcom 3 te layout the same as the original marvel vs capcom te? I have the orginal and like the artwork much better just wondering if the default layout is any different

No difference. It’s the same stick with different art.

No.

The MvC3 TE has the same layout as the regular TEs (Round 1, Round 2, S, etc.)

X Y RB LB
A B RT LT

The MvC TE has

X Y LB LT
A B RB RT

since you can just rewire it or map your buttons I don’t see why it matters…

Some people don’t want to mess with the innards of their stick, for whatever reason.

Also, the really OC ones probably want the buttons to match what the artwork indicates.

I own the BlazBlue stick and I think it’s kind of cool that it matches the default arcade layout without having to remap any buttons. I mean, it’s a very minor difference, but it’s still convenient and a difference all the same.

Bear in mind that the MvC2 PCB is known to flake out on the Triggers (LT and RT).

It’s happened to me a few times at the least since owning the stick (I’ve capped them off since)

I already own a marvle vs capcom stick never had issues with the LT RT. Now my round SF round 2 has this issue with the LT RT.

I was wondering the same thing, OP.

To my knowledge, All TE’s have the same button layout and mapping. By this i mean they all use a Curved Close layout (Buttons in a curved pattern and joystick closer to the buttons than curved wide) and wire the buttons to the same functions (A,B,X,Y Triangle, whatever) in all TE’s.