MvC3 Tourney Results Thread

You’d think we would have one.

I’d like to create a list to see who exactly is winning tournaments. (Whether major or minor, doesn’t matter)

This is only for offline tourneys, so lag isn’t a factor in who wins/loses.

HOW TO POST PLACINGS:

Team Characters (Assist Doesn’t Matter)
Tournament:
Placing: # out of #

Let this begin.

AKUMA
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

AMATERASU
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

ARTHUR
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

C.VIPER
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

CHRIS REDFIELD
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

CHUN-LI
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

DANTE
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

FELICIA
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

HAGGAR
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8: 1
Top 16:

HSIEN-KO
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

MORRIGAN
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 16:

RYU
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

SPENCER
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

TRISH
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

TRON
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

VIEWTIFUL JOE
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

WESKER
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

ZERO
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

CAPTAIN AMERICA
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

DEADPOOL
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

DORMAMMU
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

DR.DOOM
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

HULK
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

IRON MAN
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

MAGNETO
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

MODOK
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

PHOENIX
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

SENTINEL
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

SHE-HULK
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 16:

SPIDERMAN
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

STORM
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

SUPER-SKRULL
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

TASKMASTER
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

THOR
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

WOLVERINE
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

X-23
1st:
2nd:
Top 4:
Top 8:
Top 16:

Team: Morrigan/She-Hulk/Haggar
Tournament: Animeland Wasabi
Placing: 8/30

uhhh

Tournament Results

If you insist on maintaining this thread…

You have to draw the line somewhere imo. If I win a two-man tournament (whose only entrants are myself, and my feet trying to play on 360 pad) or a four-man family tournament should I post those results here?

@Sleazoid Absolutely not. Sorry for not clarifying.

This is to graph the character usage for placing people, seeing what characters win more than others.

If the tournament placings have a graph like this, I’ll let it die.

inb4sentinel

Team:X-23/chun-Li/Hulk
Tournament: champs sponsored by GameStop
Placing: 3rd out of 30

this is stupid

So says the guy who took like 22nd place out of 30 at recent ranbats.

Excuse me? Who the fuck are you? At the most recent ranbats I tied for 25th place out of 62. I’ve been to three total, and I made top 8 in the other two of those three appearances. I’d say that’s pretty fucking good for myself, especially considering the top players who are also there (Justin Wong, Floe, Mike Ross, Clockwork, Combofiend - ever heard of them?) Oh yeah, and those three ranbats? Those are the only times I’ve played the game offline against human opponents. Where the fuck have you placed in your little circle jerk tournaments?

Take your newb 09 ignorant ass back to that cement shithole of xtianity called orlando and stfu.

The only thing really stupid is the suggested format for posting results; it makes posting multiple results a huge pain in the ass. So I’m just going to use a format that works better and gets the same job done.

Tourney: Toronto Top Tiers "Smash Up"
Link: http://shoryuken.com/f6/torontotoptiers-com-smash-ups-results-268335/
Entrants: 50
1st: Mr. Trite - Wolverine / Taskmaster / Akuma
2nd: Quandizzle - Magneto / Dormammu / Sentinel
3rd: Nickcam - Super-Skrull / Sentinel / Haggar
4th: BuddahForce - Trish / Sentinel / Phoenix
5th: NeoRussell - Deadpool / Amaterasu / Dormammu
5th: Teddy(DaFlipMasta) - Trish / Storm / Tron
7th: Fulgore - Dante / Dormammu / Sentinel
7th: PsychoChronic - Zero / Amaterasu / Phoenix
9th DaDesiCanadian - Captain America / Hulk / Akuma
9th Davero - Sentinel / Wolverine / X-23
9th Pui - Chun-Li / Tron / Crimson Viper
9th Diobrando - Dante / Sentinel / Wesker

Much appreciated, Avarice.

If the entrants number is that high, I’d put top 16 in as well.

Although there is good heart in doing this, I’m really not sure what the statistics are aiming to achieve?
As MvC3 is a team-based game, some characters will naturally show up more on top teams than others.
As was said above, local tournaments and majors have completely different atmospheres and groups of players.

Character A could be extensively used and winning with a top player in the region, but that player may never make it in the top 16 of a major, but win every week’s ranbat. I’m putting research design principles into this, but you need to define more restrictions because at the present there are too many confounders. Also you must realize you’re playing with huge amounts of info - recording top 16 imo is way too much. Plus not all tournaments have that many people; some ranbats may not even have that many; even if so - then everyone is top 16. I do ask that you reconsider the method you’re using and design a better study so it may be at least remotely interesting or useful.

HISS So angry.

You know the only reason I even said anything is because you act like a jackass every single time you post. Never have anything nice to say at all but when someone comes at you the wrong way you’re real quick to defend yourself with a wall of text huh?

Lulz @ Orlando being a “cement shithole of xtianity” from a guy who lives in the city of angels.

he’s so much into himself.

Wow you’ve really gone back and looked at my 10 years worth of posts? You’ve got some issues kid, I don’t need any stalkers. This thread was fucking dumb, hence why no one has posted in it, for the reasons people like azproc has stated. We have this giant forum here called TOURNAMENT RESULTS. I’m not going to hold your 09/10 newb hands when you dont even have enough respect to glance at the srk forums to see how they work before deciding to make your own thread. And yeah, when someone makes up flat out bullshit about me, I’m going to defend myself, and lol at you running to a little sock puppet to back you up. And way to know absolutely nothing about your own city (or mine). You going to try to sell me some pyramid scheme Amway products next?

u kno u could ignore him and act like you dont care, huh?

Tournament Results

This is where you want to go. Do a search before making a thread we do not need. Read the rules please.