MvC3: Two Girls one Corpse: The Hsien-Ko Thread!

I think people on GAF are pretty sympathetic to the Hsien-ko plight because SteelyHawke posts there, and we like him, and who doesn’t want people they like to be happy?

Me! Mwuhahaha!

Well, GAF seems like a very nice community, anyway.

<3

:3

To add more to the Ammy/Hsien-Ko combination, I’m reminded of a video I saw where Ryan Hunter was running Dorm/Hsien/Ammy, and it looked like it had a lot of potential. In fact I managed to find a lab video of the team:

[media=youtube]9Sfj0Z4bp5s[/media]

Dorm really benefits from both Hsien’s gold Senpu Bu and Ammy’s Cold Star, but I think Bloom would also be good to get meter for gold armor. Also, Dorm can do DHCs and some combos into Stalking Flare which sets up Rimoukon easily, allowing you to hard tag Dorm back in safely, lay carpet, etc. Ammy can do the same thing with Okami Shuffle and hard tag Dorm back in.

If you couldn’t tell I’m running a Dorm/Hsien team as well lol

In the interest of having the UMvC3 character threads be as awesome as possible, I am posting here to offer up my current Ultimate Dormammu Thread as a base skeleton to anyone who intends to manage a character thread, or something similar, in Ultimate. It is currently stripped of information, and will remain so until about a week before release. I am not attempting to toot my own horn, but rather offer to others what took me quite a bit of work to do, so that those who would rather not spend the time on such things do not have to.

I have received a lot of compliments to-date about the structure, and a few people have requested permission to use its structure for UMvC3, so I thought I would go around and make the offer to others who might not be aware that someone out there has already done the grunt work for them (haha). Because I am posting this in all the character forums, and this is time consuming on its own, I have not taken the time to check for how developed the thread I am posting on current is. Thus, I ask that no one be offended at my suggestion if your character forum is well constituted already - I mean no intrusion upon your methodologies!

Here is a link to the thread blueprint:

You can get an example of what it looks like when filled out here:

You are of course entirely welcome to change whatever you like if you want to incorporate this structure into your own thread. I have all of my posts saved as Word documents on my computer. If you would like these documents instead of having to copy/paste from the main threads, please feel free to PM me your email address, along with the character thread they will be used for, and I will gladly send them.

Highest Regards to All,
Karst

Jumped back on today for some training mode and a few online matches. All but given up on the awesome Hsien-Ko relaunch combo Hsien-Jo posted - I just can’t pull it off reliably. Though I have been incorporating gongs more into my air combos and exchanges when possible.

Fought against a Zero/Ryu/Spencer team just now, doing a first to 10. We ended on a 10-9 in my favor. Guy was good, but when I took a deep breath, stepped up my zoning and stopped making mistakes I shut him down completely with Hsien-Ko. It got the point where he’d burn X-Factor just to kill her when he landed a stray hit. Really made me smile to see how patience can pay off in some cases in this game. He played a zoning Zero, the one that will charge a buster shot and then gradually make his way in, fire it off and then use his lightning move to hitconfirm. Sadly this tactic wouldn’t work - almost all of his buster shots wound up right back in his face.

One thing I like about Hsien-Ko is that when she’s on the ball, she can usually make the other guy play her game. So long as she doesn’t get overwhelmed - granted, this is hard to keep from happening - the combination of gong walls, oddly angled projectiles, long reaching normals, pendulum cross-ups and teleport dashes seems to really frustrate the hell out of people. And I can totally understand why - in a game where one-touch kills are common, Hsien-Ko can’t do that. At worst she gradually wears you down - at best, she can DHC into someone else who is better suited to lay a beatdown. They keep thinking, “If I could hit that bitch just once she’d be dead!” and end up eating shit over and over.

In a way, I’m looking forward to the air dash nerf now. As it stands, I rarely use her dash, and the inability for people to block during air dashes will vastly improve her zoning game. I just wish everything else about her didn’t have to suck so badly.

^same here about the air dash nerf and unlike (poor, poor)morrigan, she still access to plink dashing.
Regarding the hsien-jo relaunch combos, yeah they’re hard to do and sometimes just aren’t reliable. I wouldn’t worry about them too much though, we’ve got jump cancels incoming for ultimate which are gonna buff her damage and give her some added depth and options.
Also, has anyone been using her f+M? I think I’m gonna stop using her st.H to poke now, this move is really underrated. It’s a far better poke that covers so much space and is among the most meatiest normals in the game(active around 10 frames I think). I’ve been making people block this, cancel into L senpu bu, come down with j.MS/H+cold star and it’s a guarantee mix-up in the corner. It’s been working for my team, but I figure f+M is still a great move to stuff tri-jumps and gain an offensive position. Really looking forward what jump cancelable f+M is gonna bring in umvc3. :tup:

Yeah, :f::m: is a deceptively-good poke. I thought it was pointless here until I found out how to use it in VSav, and that actually applied here (the ball is bigger here, too, so it’s easier to stuff people with, even if they’re two different games). st.:h: is punishable anyway.I think part of her Ultimate gameplay will revolve around baiting people into the range of her command normals midscreen and then working towards the corner from there. It’s promising to see that she might actually have a gameplan other than “Survive” now. Not as promising as what she could’ve gotten, but it’s a start.

Just watch. Capcom’ll release an AE-style patch, buff the Darkstalkers, then announce DS4 because it was just a marketing plan.

I thought about that before. The only real problems she has when playing a frustrating zoning game is against some match ups (anyone who literally blows up her shit) and for the most part, she has to have a health advantage. I’ve been trying Hsien-Ko on point instead of second (yea I know, crazy tactic) and I’m getting similar results. Since usually at the start where everyone is trying to rushdown, Hsien-Ko doesn’t have to worry with getting in and can start annoying the hell out of the enemy provided that she gets some space with the help of assists. If they plan to zone out Hsien-Ko, then I simply use a full screen Gong, Rimoukon, then hard tag into a different character.

I use the F.M every now and then, but not able to follow up with anything except a Tenraiha for a combo kind of throws me off. Can’t wait for the buff it’s getting. Able to convert a good ranged tool into a full combo sounds great to me. I also need to stop using St. H as a poke as well. While it has good range, it’s too risky considering that it’s incredibly punishable if whiffed on a jumping character.

Edit and off topic: Noble, TF2 blog post with the new Halloween update. Get hype!

I use f+M all the time. It’s pretty great.

Just saw it. The comics just keep getting better and better. We have yet to find out what Dark Force/Devil Trigger Pyro is, though. New update, too. Bunch of stuff in the store and you can find costume pieces or something on Viaduct.

Also, I still want a Jiang Shi hat for Pyro.

As for her agitation game, it can work pretty well. The only thing is that this game doesn’t reward stuff like that nearly as much as super-rushdown. Like Ranadiel said a long time ago, her “advantage” is that she’s like Dan and most people don’t know what to expect. Capcom needs to stop making characters like that.

You’ll know she’s intentionally Dan tier when they cut the active frames on her taunt and make it special cancellable. Which they need to do already for V.Joe. Guy has more taunts than anyone in the game, including Deadpool.

How does the gold armor work? How much armor does it have, can you grab her out of it, what the hell do you do about an armored assist other than snap her in and try to keep her there until it runs out?

Just want to say thread title win.

The only one for any charater on any game which does not reek of nerd…Red panty addicts anyone? LOL.

So I’m learning Hsien-Ko at the moment. Because she’s surprisingly awesome. Bad, but awesome.
I want to run her on point, but a friend of mine who plays Hsien-Ko advised against it and said she works better second to make up for her lolmetergain problem.

So I’m trying to come up with a Hsien-Ko team with a good battery for building meter, and a lockdown assist that works with the point character and with Hsien-Ko.
So I’m thinking:
Dante(Any Assist)/Hsien-Ko(Gong Assist)/Doom(Missiles)
or
Vergil(Rapid Slash)/Hsien-ko(Gong Assist)/Doom(Missiles)

Can’t ever go wrong with the brothers right? The plan is to build meter with the point character, DHC into Gold Armor, raw tag back into the point character, and go nuts with Gold Armor Gong/Missiles/Teleports lol

^ Hmm…if you can make Gong work overall, more power to you, but if you plan to use it in an anti-zoning manner, you’ll need to be privy with the timing, otherwise she’ll just get hit. But when she’s gold, I hear the gong still comes out even if she’s hit. The Senpu Bu assist would probably work better as both a combo extender and a get-off-me if you get her gold.

Well I’m only speculating at the moment, since I’m at work and don’t have access to the game right now. But I’m thinking I might be able to get a guaranteed Gold Armor with Vergil:
Do any Vergil combo into High Time xx Maximum Vergil, DHC into Gold Armor when the opponent is as high as possible, Raw Tag back into Vergil.
I’ll be testing it when I get home.

The only reason I’m using Gong assist is because I read that Gong assist is like the old vanilla Tron assist. It’s safer to call when she isn’t gold, and she isn’t out as long as Pendulum so she’ll take less damage overall from some kind of punish. I don’t need combo extension because A) It’s Vergil B) I have Doom Missiles for that (Which should let Vergil build stupid amounts of meter for DHC’s into Hsien-Ko).

And depending on how much meter I can actually build/have, I should be able to DHC all the way into Doom.
Not to mention I think that Hsien-Ko/Vergil have good DHC synergy in either order.

Again I’m just theory fighting at the moment. I’ll be testing all this once I get home.

EDIT:

So I got home and tested this out. The DHC from Maximum Vergil to Gold Armor to Raw Tag back in, is completely safe. And if you DHC at a specific time, and they hit a bubble on the way down, then Vergil can OTG when he comes back in for another super.

And the DHC from Maximum Vergil to Tenrai-Ha (or however thats spelled) works, and lets you Loop after.

^ Ya, I was thinking the same thing about how she recovers quicker with gong assist.

Another thing you can try is DHC from Maximum Vergil to the blade super (QCF+2atks), raw tag to Vergil and possibly figure out some different follow ups from there.

I’ll be trying both Gong and Pendulum assist to see which one works better. Since gong moves kinda slow…
Also Pendulum assist might let me follow up from High Time. Which would be nice. Still needs testing.

So far the DHC to swords seems best since I can do Raw Tag shenanigans with Vergil and Spiral Swords.
Midscreen, I think it’s a way more damaging option then looping Tenrai-Ha’s.

So uh… Just how dead are these forums?
They seem pretty dead… Which is funny actually, considering the character…