i don’t remember the step by step process, because it was so long and i made so many mistakes. take a look at the Stick Building 101 thread. i’m sure they’ve written everything you need to know about painting there.
i just sanded the rust away and stuck the art on. i’m not sure if that’s enough, but it’s been working well for me and the mods i’ve done. i don’t know what to do about the bottom plate, though. i just leave rusty bottom plates alone for now, cause no one really notices them anyway :B
- print the art on a white sticker sheet.
- get the metal plate and sand / clean / dry.
- stick a white sheet of paper on the metal plate with contact cement.
- stick the art over the paper on the metal plate. to make sure it’s flat, use a CLEAN ruler to place it on the plate. cut off excess.
- cover the plate with the acetate. use the ruler here, too, and slowly. bubbles may form if the acetate isn’t flat. that’ll ruin everything. be careful of the acetate your using, though. some types of acetate get dirty pretty easily and are hard to clean.
and it won’t peel. at least not in my experience. i’ve used this acetate in pretty much all of my mods, and none of them have peeled. i leave a LOT of excess acetate so i can stick that to the underside of the plate. that way, it’s the underside that’ll peel first.