Disclaimer, this is not about getting ROMs - do not ask me for any ROMs, and if anything in this thread extends beyond allowable limits, let me know and I’ll shave it off
So I decided that this would be the summer I finally make an Emulation Box. I have a couple larger projects based on system integration, but for now I just want something ‘quick & easy’ so to speak. Once the parts come in, I’ll start posting pictures, but I’d also like so verification from anyone in the know on certain things.
My current goal is to make a Nintendo Based Emulation Setup. My ultimate goal is full blown MAME/Kawaks - but I have a feeling that some of the games I want won’t work well on the hardware setup.
I’m looking at purchasing a JetWay J7F4K1G5D-PB VIA NanoBGA C7 Processor VIA CN700 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153062 ) with a break-out USB connector (4). Throw in memory, and an old 16 Gig harddrive I don’t need more than that unless I MAME it and a power supply and I ‘theoretically’ have a working system. For fun I’m grabbing a Super Nintendo off eBay, gutting it and dumping it - then using it as my housing.
Before I start though I have some questions.
- Has anyone used a VIA C7 motherboard here?
- I figure it should have performance strong enough to sneeze at Nintendo emulation, but what about full blown MAME support?
- Is LINUX the only way to go from a software perspective?
- If so does anyone know if there are drivers for LINUX compatability with the 360 Controller?
- Video out options…I’m using RCA cables for my current connex…anyone ever see D-Sub to RCA connectors?
Any help would be appreciated.