My Juri Stick Artwork

juri

Well? How does it look?

Fixed*

think its pretty sweet tbh. just get some purple/pink buttons and a stick and you set.

crap i see a mistake lol gotta fix that!

that’s beautiful art. wish i had something like that

thanks thou, Im still looking for purple buttons and stick.

Pretty cool, except to the right of the turbo panel where the bottom half of the face in the background is replaced with like a random, upside-down eye.

lol thats her mouth

Pretty sick man! :slight_smile:

This art is pretty awesome. I like.

I saw the face but had no idea icy was talking about the mouth. Once you see it as an eye you can’t ‘un-see’ it.

If I had to be terribly honest, it’s not very good. This is coming from a VERY picky graphic design major though, so take it how you will.

I’m a big fan of asymmetrical balance and having one focal point around which the rest of the piece functions. Looking at your art, my eyes are immediately drawn to the Juri artwork on the left, it strikes me as the focal point. This is all well and good but there are several problems that really hamper this focus. First and formost the other Juri artwork is distracting and disjointed from the piece as a whole because it’s black and white as well as a different art style from the other portrait. Secondly, there’s been no attempt to blend the focal portrait, it seems as though you just found a pre-cut stock and tacked it on without any attempt at integrating it. And probably the biggest problem is that the background is a mish-mash of conflicting ideas which only serve to make the piece seem very very messy and unorganized.

That said, I have no idea how long you’ve been dabbling in graphic art and depending on your skill level this may be what is expected of you. Sorry if I’m coming off really harsh, I’m casting a critical eye on the work as if it were my own, and that may seem a bit mean-spirited.

Above all though, I’m just another opinion. If you like and enjoy it as the final product, who really cares what I think?

Actually, I do. I wish I could’ve gone for graphic design. Tell me what you think of my sticks in the Juri art thread.

Juri Art

Thanks for the input, but this was my first time ever doing something like this so if its crap its okay. Hell I was able to do this much. Give me more time with templates and photoshop and my work will improve. By all means I am in no way a professional in graphic design, nor do I intend to become one. I’m a 16 yr old kid who just got photoshop and hasn’t a clue as to how to use it. What may seem unprofessional to you is awesome to me. And it isn’t meant to be perfect, just decent. At the end of the day I had the balls to try and make my own artwork, something most people are too lazy to do to begin with. Take it how ever, I’m happy with how it turned out, and the majority of people will say it looks great!
p.s. I did just find pics on the web to use! Sorry that I couldn’t sketch out 2-3 different Juris bro. By all means you can go and do that…
p.s.s I don’t need all that criticism instead maybe you could give some advice, or tips. All that thought could be applied to something more important like recent court cases etc.

Oh man, I shoulda known I would cause offense. :sweat:

I’m sorry. I was just in super-critical-graphics mode and I tend to be a dick without realizing it sometimes. Also I never meant to imply that using stocks is a bad thing, I just like to do a little more with them (for the record, my illustration is pretty terrible so I wouldn’t be able to sketch up any Juris either ;p).

All things considered if that’s the first thing you’ve ever made, it’s great, and a hell of a lot better than the first thing I made I can tell you that. And like I said, if you’re happy with it, that’s the most important thing. ;D

No hard feeling man, its all good. =)

I like it but I’m not a graphic artist either. Maybe you can help with mine. It’s my first try so not very good.

heres how it turned out.

Here’s a shot of my Juri stick with art superimposed with photoshop. Differences are it has grey balltop and grey buttons. Also i put in slugs where the triggers would be.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4649/nicksstick.jpg