Namco button question

So I recently got a Namco stick and the medium punch button likes to get stuck after I push it. How would I fix this? thank you

Open up the case, de-solder the board from the buttons, pop out the offending button. Disassemble, clean, reassemble, then follow the steps in reverse to put back together again.

Dang, I was hoping for some other way.

shrugs

Good luck.

All the other alternatives I can think of are high risk. But at the end of days, there’s no substitute for cleaning a button from the inside out.

just be really careful and take a small screw driver and pop the plunnger off by pushing in the tab and check/clean the top of the microswitch I did it when I purchased my namco it smelled of funky mexican food

I will try that.

That’s one of the high risk methods I had in mind :slight_smile:

Regardless of which option you take make sure you clean everything the plunger has contact with, including the plunger itself. An optional extra would be to very lightly lubricate it with some silicone grease afterwards to keep everything smooth.

Lol dont listen to him. If your going to clean the plunger then you have the take apart the plunger piece by piece. Don’t put any lube on the plunger, its going to ruin it, lubricating it will make it stick worse.

Lol dont listen to him. If your going to clean the plunger then you have the take apart the plunger piece by piece. Don’t put any lube on the plunger, its going to ruin it, lubricating it will make it stick worse.

“Lubricating the plunger makes it stick worse”??

Hurm…

I don’t know what kind of bacon grease you’re using, but I’d recommend silicone lubricant. No reason why you couldn’t use a small amount of graphite either.

And how can you take apart a plunger piece by piece? The plunger is just one part! I think you mean take the button apart piece by piece, which is what I already said above :slight_smile: