Menu Translation Help
- KnJ wise: L = GNT3 K.Naruto like ground KnJ where you just reappear behind the opponent and R is for aerial or ground KnJs. The L ver. KnJs seems to have more lag than attacking KnJs. - Aerial KnJs seem slower than before (to me).
- You can come out of a running sidestep doing anything (attack, jump, whatever)
- In 3v3 Mode, for 25%(?) chakra Z or b+Z switches characters and also for tag switching KnJs (just press Z instead of L/R). Z makes your partner just appear with lag similar to L ver. KnJs while b+Z KnJs makes your partner always perform an attack. Characters perform different tag attacks, some are sucky like Sasuke’s j.B while some are good like Kiba’s who performs his run B which part of his other attack strings. I see crazy tag combos being created in the future. During combos you can tag at any point besides attacks with knockdown properties on them, causes stagger, or lifts your character off the ground, 8ing seems to put alot of focus on the 3v3 mode this time.
While resting, your partner gains back small portions of health (red recoverable damage) and constantly gains chakra. The health recovery doesn’t seem to work with characters who loses life…like both gates opened Rock Lee or S.Kakashi.
Team supers are done when everyone on your team has 100%. If you miss with the initial hit only the starter loses 100% charka but if successful everyone loses chakra. There are some special “Duo” supers that only requires two special characters and the third one can be anyone. Rock Lee and Gaara has a kickass Duo Team Super together.
Universal Cancels = Y during attacks with launch properties on them or juggling hits that doesn’t cause knockdown (i.e. sweeps)
- For 25% Chakra you can cancel certain attacks of attack strings into your character’s counter stance and then from there instantly go into another attack or just walk forward/backwards/jump/whatever.
So far from what I tested it seems to only work with moves with launch type properties on them or attacks that is part of a juggle with your character still on the ground (the juggle attack can’t be a knockdown one though) and the attack has to hit the opponent. UC doesn’t work vs. guarding opponents which seems to take away it’s potential usefulness. It doesn’t make sense why the character even goes into their counter stances if only works on successful hits.
The attack also can’t be a projectile, i.e. Kakashi:
d+BBYu+BBYBB…etc works but not
You can’t cancel the d+B because it’s a knockdown hit but you can with the second B because it’s a juggling hit.
The UCs could lead to more damaging and more KnJ safe combos or better wake-up super set-ups (it’s not hard to build that 25% back up in the same combo). Offensive wise since it only cost 25% if you get real creative you could probably make some creative combos with jump-canceled attacks mixed in especially since the UC is instant, ie Kakashi (again):
d+BBY, j.BY, BBY, BBY, air throw
Vid Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/8025064/gnt4_uc_demo_kakashi.avi.html
Damage wise, it’s only slightly better Kakashi original attack string but you get the idea. There could actual useful UC combos if people mess around with them.
- A button throw has super armor on it now.
- the start-up animations of his X and d+X super has switched, i.e. he does the quick shoulder ram for the weak version and the more infamous running headbutt for the stronger version.
- Seems to have lost some auto-guard frames on her godly b+B or is it just me?
- Throw bounces higher now
- The lag in his attack strings leading into his sword swings is even longer now. Some opponents can just jab him between the swings.
- His sword is more shiny now, nice.
- Has two styles(?) one for offense (hits many times) and one for defense (gains super armor but doesn’t have many attack strings).
- Like mix of Kakashi and Tsunade
- His d+A is similar to Kakashi’s
- He’s constantly healing the red portions of his life, this seems to counter the fact that his defense is very shitty (probably worse than Kankuro or K.Naruto’s).
- his d+B sweep has alot of range
- his d+X is a sleep genjustu with a limited range, realtime super. Even though it stuns the opponent for a while they can KnJ out of it at anytime making kind of worthless because it has horrible start-up time.