Nash Q&A Thread

nash

Besides the juggle properties on his V-skill being changed to remove the corner HK SS, Vskill reset, have there been any changes made to his vskill on release? I’ve heard different things such as increased startup, more -frames on block, or fewer active frames, but I’m not exactly sure what to believe from people.

Is it still viable as a poke like it was in the beta? I’ve managed to anti air some poorly spaced jumps with it but is it still viable for anything other than absorbing fireballs?

It seems to still have a decent vertical hitbox as I have hit people directly above Nash’s forearm.

What does it mean when in a combo they put: 6 V. Trigger, or 6 HP? Also, I saw this on a combo: C.lk, c.lp ~ EX.SB x2; I can’t even link c.LP into the first EX SB. Am I doing something wrong, or is that not working on the current version of the game?

EDIT: I didn’t get a notification for some reason, that’s why I’m answering late. Thanks for your answer, @Science

Prince,

I believe “6” is used as a means to convey the position of the joystick:

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

This would make “6” the forward, or “–>”, position of the joystick. Thus, " 5" stands for the neutral (or ‘home’ position) and all numbers around it represent the eight possible directions to push the stick.

I would agree. Mostly see this in anime fighters and cr., st., etc. in SF.

What is the use for EX sonic scythe? It only does a speck more damage and stun than fierce. I see it used as a combo finisher, and it seems like a waste of bar.

i’m having trouble with nashs cross up 4b in the guide

its cross up mk into crouching medium punch > standing medium punch > hp > lk

i can’t get lk to come out i cant get the rest

Are you sure it isn’t s.MP > s.LK > s.HP, which is one of his target combos? It might be a typographical error.

Combos into Wind Shear (the st.MP xx st.LK xx st.HP target combo) aren’t ever worth it. You get much better damage, corner carry, and oki by just doing st.MP xx HK Sonic Scythe.

Does the safe jump you were talking about not work since release? I know it’s not fantastic but I use it from time to time.
Granted you have to have know the player is a nut and will shoryu on wake up but I think it’s a good option to have. Most likely better in a Bo3/5 rather than the online Bo1.

I didn’t bother to test it out, but unless they changed Nash’s KD advantage after Wind Shear, it should still work.

Whats your gameplan with nash? Im struggling with him. Am i meant to play him like guile? It feels like he has trex arms.

Use booms to cover your approach. Maintain a bit of range to poke with your normals, then pick your battles for when it is time to open your opponent up. But as far as playing like Guile, I don’t think it’s the same (at least not sf4 Guile). Though it’s tough to say for sure since we haven’t seen how Guile is supposed to play in this game yet.

How do hoy Cancel into critical art with nash im trying to do j.mk cr.mpx2 Xx mk.sónic sythe critical art but i never get it to come out or its late or is it not possible to Cancel ss into ca help me pleez

check the nash beginner’s thread

I’d say it’s completely dependent on your matchup and opponent since he’s effective at all ranges. He is a freestyle character in that sense. At close range he has fast normals, at midrange GODLIKE pokes. At farther ranges he has F+HP, Booms and anti-fireballs moves such as V-Skill and Moonsault. However, I find myself positioning myself between poke- and farther ranges since his fireballs allows him to approach aswell as dashing in with his fast dash to poke. But always take into account what kind of opponent your dealing with to determine your strategy and thereby where you want to position yourself.

how on earth am i suppose to do back mk into tragedy assault it necer conncets or the dp motion dont come out :frowning:

going from back to forward is so akward with this motion

i have a hard time with that as well, so i just use st.mp or cr.mp.

Strangely enough, i have no issues with back+MK xx Tragedy or back+MK xx Sonic Boom, but i cannot for the life of me perform back+MK xx Sonic Scythe…

I realised as i typed this that this is in no way helpful to you, but perhaps you can take comfort in the fact you’re not the only one whose execution is lacking (mine has been lacking in SFIV as well so i’m used to it by now).

Only way you’re going to be able to do it is practice.
At the moment I’m about 60/40 for hitting in a match and so I don’t go for it unless I feel comfortable. But every time I log in I hit up training for 5-10 minutes and that’s one of the things I practice.
I think it might be due to the fact that I’m used to drilling awkward things over and over until I have it down. (I played Adon if SF4 and if you didn’t Tiger Knee the Jaguar Kicks, you were going to have a bad time).

Nash has no escape options?, I did a set with A friend who plays Sim/Rashid. One thing that really shocked me was that I noticed Nash’s V-Skill can be interrupted. Apparently there’s a small vulnerability window. This basically crushed me. He has no wake up options. I’m being rushed down,nearly about to be stunned, I hit my V Skill to wake up and get out of the corner and he hits me with an Air Fierce> I’m stunned and lose about 70% life. So basically trying to use Vskill to get out is too risky, I just have to sit there and take it. I was already upset with how bad his anti-air game is and now this really makes me want to drop the char. How is it fair that sim gets to Teleport on wakeup for free and be 100 percent safe but Nash has to spend a Vtrigger and still be vulnerable??!!