R4: 06.30.07 - COMPLETED
R5: 07.14.07 - COMPLETED
R6: 07.28.07

MONTHLIES: TBA! (these are a definite…) :wgrin:

==================================================

NC BIWEEKLY TOURNAMENT ROUND 6!

When:
Saturday, July 28th, 2007
—Registration begins at 12:00pm. Tournaments start at 1:00pm.

Where:
Lucky’s Card Shop
3929 High Point Rd.
Greensboro, NC, 27407
336-834-4644
—Lucky’s is located in a shopping center, entrance/exit right to the outside, food near.

There will be a venue fee of $5 per person.
—The venue fee is going in full to Lucky’s Card Shop.

Tournaments:
$10 entry: 3rd Strike / CVS2 / GGAC / SC3
$2 entry: NGBC / KOFXI / Vampire Savior [all $2 entry games will be double elimination - winner take all]

SPECIAL: TEAM THIRD STRIKE / TEAM GGAC
-$5 a head, king of the hill, double elimination, no same character.
-Top placers from each game will be seeded as anchors and the teammates chosen at random.
-Characters chosen before the tournament.
-2v2 or 3v3 depending on interest.
-Winners/losers/grand finals 2/3.
-Pot split 80/20.
-Any input is welcomed.

—Standard tournament rules for each respective game apply.
—Double elimination, 2/3 matches, Winners/Losers Finals 3/5, Grand Finals 4/7.

SCHEDULE:
12:00PM - Registration

2:00PM - CVS2 / SC3
3:00PM - Vampire -> NGBC -> KOFXI
4:00PM - GGAC Teams
5:00PM - GGAC Singles
6:00PM - 3S Teams
7:00PM - 3S Singles

Maybe I can get this right one time. CVS2 and SC3 will start at the same time, since almost nobody plays both. Then Vampire will run, and when it reaches winners finals, NGBC will start, when that reaches winners finals, KOFXI will start. When XI ends, GGAC Teams, then when that ends, singles, then when that ends, 3rd Strike Teams, then when that ends, 3rd Strike Singles…Yeah.

RANKING BATTLE POINTS
1st: 10 points
2nd: 7 points
3rd: 5 points
4th: 3 points
5th: 1 point

Spreadsheet to be completed and uploaded when results come in, with overall totals across all games and broken down into singles totals for each game.

Modded PS2’s and games needed, especially 3rd Strike and GGAC. Bring some casual TVs if you guys think you may need more than 2 available. I want to see ALL OF NC AT THIS TOURNAMENT!

WHO WANTS TO BE THERE ON TIME!? YEAHHHH!! See everyone there. :tup:

There are no qualifying tournaments - all you have to do is sign up. The anchors will be seeded based on past biweekly results and the teammates will be random.

Roski, I love you. This sounds too good.

So will the team tourneys reward points too? Also, I’ll bring my modded ps2 again.

yaaay teams. I smell OCV’s!!

I’ll make sure to bring my modded PS2 this time around.

South Carolina tournament preparation!

yes TEAMS

Well, since this is the last one, I’ma definitely try to make it out there.

As for GG teams, do we have enough players for that?

Soul Calibur 3 A Major!! Damn Right!!!
Chad I Want My Rematch!!!
Nigga’s Better Have My Money!!!
Get Hype!!!
-Q!!

P.S. if less than 10 people enter this tournie and Doug and Will don’t show, I’ll play Tira, if not, nigga’s are gettin ninja cannoned all f*ckin day!!! HYPE NIGGA HYPE!!!

yea why is sc3 a major? what about a3? ST? hell, a2 now that alot of people are playing it. the general rule ought to be if you can find 8 people to play the game, make it a 2 dolla tourney.

Q has brought out the Soul Calibur crowd a few times now, and he’s done the work to try to get some players from the surrounding areas. That’s worth a shot in my opinion.

EVERYONE should enter both Team Tournaments. It’s only $5 a person, and the best players who have been placing will be the anchors, while all the other teammates are random. I see this shit as being A LOT more fun with some random ass people playing. Therefore, I’m thinking there will be enough people.

Mike: I had to make some concessions. I like playing A3 a lot, but it has consistently gotten the lowest turnouts, next to ST, which was dropped, and next to HNK, which was also dropped. The team tournaments should be worth it. Anyway, it’s not like it’s our last tournament at Lucky’s, just the last biweekly.

don’t forget that Q has also brought the HYPE!!!
-Q

I smell fear…smells like bacon. Mmmmm…:wgrin:

Mmmm… bacon tastes good!

…I’m still thinking about making a “Baconater” avatar…haha.
-Q

Too bad about Alpha 3, but when I try to play it now, I fuck up because I end up trying to playing it like Alpha 2. GGPO is crack.

I’d say give Alpha 2 a shot as a $2 minor…

I would have to use that.

I’ll hop on the random boat for GG and 3S, fo sho. Also, any $2/$5 Alpha is fine by me. This tournament needs more people, more people entering more games, more hype, and more air conditioning! Subs even! Random obligatory MUGEN game in the corner for no reason! Actually no, fuck that. Why is there always a random MUGEN game.

Brent you missed the last one…we’ve moved to the back and it’s much cooler, plus less traffic. :tup:

Everyone play 3rd and GG teams! Even if you don’t play these games you still have a chance to win some $$$.

If somebody can give me a quick Tutorial on A.B.A I will join the GG Team tourney, and maybe even the singles tourney.

I picked up NGBC and KOFXI pretty quickly so I’m sure I can learn GG as well. I’m not a total noob at the game either, I used to play Zappa back in the day. I just need to know the basic shit like Special moves Combos, etc.

HYPE! GGAC singles, GGAC teams, and 3s teams for me. Couldnt make the last tournament because of the wedding of a friend of mine. I am looking forward to the last biweekly. It has been a really great series of tournaments