NC Summer Ranking Battle 2.3--Charlotte, NC---06.14.2008

Saturday, June 14th, 2008
**LOCATION: **2nd floor of the IT Building of the Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC Central Campus). EDIT: Should be rooms 2130-2132

TIME: Official time for ranking battles is from 1PM-9PM. The 1PM start-time is not set in stone, but we will have to adhere the 9PM closing time for security reasons.
Registration will start at 12PM. I will hopefully be there even earlier at 11AM, but anyone who wants to set-up a station can play casuals whenever they want, however I cannot guarantee that the room will be open before 12…

DIRECTIONS:
CPCC Central Campus is located near the heart of downtown Charlotte.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=cpcc&sll=35.227672,-80.947266&sspn=1.911495,3.713379&ie=UTF8&ll=36.323977,-80.584717&spn=1.885324,3.713379&z=8&iwloc=A&iwd=1&cid=35217452,-80831213,4964217294133329492&dtab=0

The Event will be held in the IT Building on the Central Campus, across from the Campus Bookstore on Charlottetown Ave/Independence Blvd/US-74
Parking Lots on campus are FREE, and should be fairly open on Saturday.
I strongly suggest parking in Lot 2 on this map between Independence/US-74 and East 4th St.
http://www1.cpcc.edu/announcements/announcements/4471_ElizAve-constr_WEB.pdf

THIS IS A CROSS-PROMOTIONAL EVENT WITH THE ACM BRAWL TOURNAMENT
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=154768

There will be 2 rooms at this event, one for the Traditional Fighting Game Ranking Battles and one for the Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournaments

THE DOOR FEE FOR THE FIGHTING GAME RANBAT ROOM IS $5.
The entry fee for the Smash tournament, as well as the Ranking Battle entry fees, are NOT included with this.
Players are of course welcome to enter both events, but keep in mind the Brawl tournament fee and the Ranking Battle Door/Entry fees are SEPARATE.
If you only want to enter one, you don’t have to pay for both. However, if you want to play in the Fighting Game Ranbat room you must pay the entry fee.

RANKING BATTLES:

[$2] [Single Elimination] [Single Character] [Finals 2/3] [Winner Take All]
DEPENDING ON INTEREST
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Guilty Gear Accent Core
Capcom Vs. SNK 2

[$5] [Double Elimination] [Finals 3/5] [Grand Finals 4/7] [70/20/10]
DEPENDING ON INTEREST
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Guilty Gear Accent Core
Tekken 5 DR

POSSIBLE FREE TOURNAMENTS
DEPENDING ON INTEREST AND TIME
Low-Tier MvC2
Virtua Fighter 5
King of Fighters XI
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
Arcana Heart
Super SF2 Turbo

1st - 10 / 2nd - 7 / 3rd - 5 / 4th - 3 / 5th - 1

Also, I need volunteers for people to bring CRT TVs. There is TONS of space so anyone who brings a CRT and a system is free to set-up whatever they want.
For every single person who brings a decent-sized CRT and PS2 for the gathering–I will personally cover the $5 door fee for you, but you MUST PM me ASAP.

EDIT–CONFIRMED TVS
EDIT2–Zamuel has told me that the HDTV won’t be available, but instead we will have 2 more CRTS:

1. CRT from me
  2. CRT from Zamuel
  3. CRT from Darklight
  4. CRT from another ACM member
  5. 2 more CRTs from ACM

MAYBES:

1. CRT from Blake

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

Oh yeah, since it’s a new venue and all, please remember to give yourselves extra time on your trip if you’re unfamiliar with the area.

As for food, Bojangles and Burger King are literally less than 2 blocks from the building–easy walking distance. There’s also a lot of small local ethnic restaurants in the area.
Depending on turnout the ACM Club may order pizza for us if we can chip in a couple of extra bucks.

sweet isn’t acm that IT club? all the smart programmers

lol… is this close to kings college? i went to college like a few blocks from there… near a big hospital… cool stuff… ill try to make it, but it depends on my job

Yep, the one and the same.

CPCC Central is only 2 blocks away from King’s College and Presbyterian Hospital, Lobo.

Fayetteville should be there.

ill try to be there :slight_smile:

ha… brings back memories… i shouldnt get lost to this

I might actually be able to make it to this now as my trip is most likely cancelled.

I’ll see what I can do to help you guys out with pizza. I know we’ll be offering it in our room (2 slices + a soda = $4) so if you get me a good headcount we’ll try to order accordingly. While they still haven’t officially given us a confirmation, your room should be 2132 (with Smash being 2130).

If you want, I can let you guys borrow my Dreamcast and arcade sticks. As far as fighters I got (digs through bag…they already mentioned Third Strike…):

-Dead or Alive 2
-Fatal Fury/Garou: Mark of the Wolves
-KOF Dream Match (98)
-KOF Evolution (99)
-Marvel vs Capcom 2
-Plasma Sword
-Power Stone
-Power Stone 2
-Project Justice
-Soul Calibur
-Street Fighter Alpha 3
-Virtua On: Ontario Tangram (if you actually want to count it as a fighter)
-Fighter Destiny 2 (which is actually N64)

Let me know what you want since it’s too much stuff to bring everything (especially since I got some non FGs like Crazy Taxi and Jet Grind Radio in the bag).

I was hyped when I saw the location. But my job usually works me on saturdays. All that aside I will try to make it.

Hopefully I can meet some people there. I’m new to fighting games and the 704 area as a whole.

The whole premise of these events is to bring new blood into the NC scene. Things have gotten stagnant over the past few months and I haven’t seen some of the vets around in a while.

Thanks Zam, for the DC all that would be neccessary would be Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. 3rd Strike is only played on the PS2 due to the problems with lag on the DC version.

Also, I need volunteers for people to bring CRT TVs. There is TONS of space so anyone who brings a CRT and a system is free to set-up whatever they want.
For every single person who brings a decent-sized CRT and PS2 for the gathering–I will personally cover the $5 door fee for you, but you MUST PM me ASAP.

The 9PM Close time is a real turn off. We’ll still try to make it out there, we’ll just have to see what’s up.

Um, why is that?

That was the time the 1st Ranking Battle ended, anyway.

In any case, we should have some set-ups as soon as 12PM as long as people get there on time we should have plenty of time to finish up stuff.

i hate to sound dumb but what is a CRT tv, and also anybody want to play vf5 or not cuz im not bringing my xbox if nobody is going to play it

CRT=Cathode Ray Tube, which is neccessary for most PS2 games not to lag.

There will be an HDTV available though for anyone with a 360 who wants to hook up VF5.

I’m thinking of perhaps adding some free tournaments like Low-Tier Marvel and VF5 if we have time, but of course the paid tournaments take priority over the free ones.

Good Stuff edit: iki, I’ll will most be likely to show
Hopefully someone will drop me off

Man I cant wait to get my permit next month >_>

Shiki, how many TVs are you going to have at this thing? I don’t think anyone wants it to be like the last tournament you held at Gamefrog where we were ridiculously under equipped and shoved into a corner. If you need TVs there is a place in Charlotte selling 27" TVs for like $80. Alex has bought a few for Lucky’s and they work great.

I don’t remember leaving Lucky’s any earlier than 11. As long as stuff starts on time there shouldn’t be a problem though.