I think I have pretty much mastered everything there is to know about Sagat give or take a couple things. These are the tools that basically advanced me through G2 pretty easily.
- Using Ultra
– i had a thread about my personal ways of landing ultra (most of which included focus attack)
– you also need to know whether its worth it to use it so early in the match or if your opponent’s health bar is still nearly full and saving for the level 2 ultra
- Focus attack.
– i like to use focus attack when they’re jumping in since most players don’t really hit deep.
– absorb fireballs in the beginning. this usually gives me so much meter that i’m able to ultra twice in a single match
- Know your fireshots
– i personally don’t use the medium fireshots
– if they just jumped at full screen, throw a light high fireshot --> hit
– if they are midjump at full screen, throw a fierce high fireshot --> hit
– when you knock them down, throw a light low fireshot --> autoblock
after this, i usually dash forward, then do half circle ex high fireshot --> 90% of the time this hits, half circle to prevent doing TU instead of fireshot
– be wary of full screen moves like sim’s teleport, bisons headstomp, cammys, sakuras, etc, and wake up ultras; for this, don’t throw back to back fireshots all the time, fake a fireshot by throwing a light punch or ducking occasionally to simulate one
– i dont really use kara tigershot or tigerknee, but kara tu is so strong when used correctly
– use this to punish hondas headbutts, blankas roll, cammys cannon spike etc.
– also use it to duck under projectiles if you can predict it well
ie) ryus tend to throw fireballs in the beginning so its a free TU at the start
I’m also pretty familiar with all of my matchups, except maybe C.Viper and Akuma.
What should i expect in G1??? more use of bnb linking combos?