found this post ont he beta website. goal is for either make it to 8000 or atleast 5500?7999.
Ok, this list is updated, I hope this helps some people place their hardware, and/or see if their hardware is compatible. If I missed something please let me know
Performance settings and Your Machine
This is a construction of what hardware can play FFXIV and how well can it play XIV. The hardware stated here is for a good assumption of performance, FFXIV beta is not the final product so performance should and will be better with the final product. The hardware performance is derived from product research, current Beta Tester?s results, the benchmark and machines running similar demanding apps (AoC, Crysis).
This assumes a few things.
- FFXIV is heavily threaded and works better with more threads/cores (to certain extent)
- FFXIV will fix OS/ATI issues shortly
- This does not take in account for Xfire or SLI. You can pretty much jump up a notch with SLI or Xfire. NOTE: FFXIV BETA DOES NOT UTILIZE XFIRE OR SLI CURRENTLY.
- A standard resolution of 1920x1200 for higher performers, 1600X1050 for mid level and 1200X800 for lower end machines. Lower settings can jump you up a notch or two, while higher settings can lower you a notch or 2.
- Assumes a good mobo, 4 gigs of DDR2 or higher ram (Even on high settings it does not seem to utilize more than 3 gigs of ram) and generally good cooling.
- Standard clock. An OC on the CPU and/or GPU can jump you up a notch.
- These are Desktop Cpus
Remember, your machine is only as fast as its slowest part.
" [8000 and over] Extremely High Performance (4 gigs Memory DDR3 min
Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
- CPUS: Any Core i7 Model, Core2Extreme QX 9650+, Core2Quad 9650, Core i5 750
- GPUS: HD 5970, HD 4870 X2, GTX 480
[5500?7999] Very High Performance (4 gigs Memory DDR3 min)
Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.
- CPUS: Core2Extreme QX6800/6850, C2Q X9400+, Any Core i5, P II (Phenom II) 1090T, PII X4 955/965
- GPUS: GTX 280+, GTX 460+, GTX 275+, GTX 295, 9800 GX2, HD 4850X2, 5850, 5870, 4890, 5830
[4500-5499] High Performance (4 gigs Memory DDR2 min)
Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.
- CPUS: C2Extreme QX6700, C2Q 6600+, C2D 8400+, C2D 7600, Any Core i3, PII 1055T, PIIX4 910+, PII X4 810, PII X3 720, Athlon II X4 630+, Athlon II X3 435+
- GPUS: HD 5770, HD 4870, GTX260
[3000-4499] Fairly High Performance (4 gigs Memory DDR2 min)
Capable of running the game on default settings. Consider switching to a higher resolution depending on performance.
- CPUS: Core 2 Extreme X6800, C2Q 8200, C2D 8190+, C2D7400+, C2D 6750+, PII X4 905/805, PII X3 710/705, PII X2 545+, Phenom X4 9950, Athlon X4 620, Athlon X3 425
- GPUS: HD 5750, HD 4850, HD 3870X2, 9800GTX+, 8800Ultra
[2500-2999] Standard Performance (4 gigs Memory DDR2 min)
Capable of running the game on default settings.
- CPUS: C2D 7200+, C2D 6420+, C2D 4500+, Pentium DC 6300+, Pentium DC 5200+, Pentium G9650, P X4 9350+, P X3 8250+, Any Athlon II X2, Athlon X2 5600+, Athlon X2 7750+
- GPUS: HD4770, HD 4830, HD5670, 8800GTS+, 9800GT, 8800GT
[2000-2499] Slightly Low Performance (3 gigs Memory ddr2 min)
Capable of running the game, but may experience some slowdown. Adjust settings to improve performance.
- CPUS: C2D 4300+, C2D 5500+, C2D 6300+, Pentium DC 2200+, Celeron 3200+, Phenom X4 9100+, Athlon X2 7450+, Athlon X2 5000+, Athlon X2 4200+, Single Core CPUS or Pent D with a clock over 2.6 (Sempron, Athalon, Pent 4)
- GPUS: HD 5650, HD4750, HD 5570, HD 3870, 9600GT, GT 240, 8800GTS (640/320)
[1500-1999] Low Performance (2 gigs + DDR Min)
Capable of running the game, but will experience considerable slowdown. Adjusting settings is unlikely to improve performance.
- CPUS: Pentium DC 2180, Celeron 1600 (maybe), Athlon X2 3800+, Athlon X2 4000+, Some Single Core CPUS or pent D with 2.5 speed or higher (Sempron, Athalon, Pent 4)
- GPUS: HD 5550, HD4670, HD4650, HD 3850 (512), HD2900XT, 9600GSO, 8800GS, GT220, 8600 (512)
[Under 1500] Insufficient Performance (2 gigs + DDR min)
Does not meet specifications for running the game or will run choppy at min settings.
- CPUS: Pentium DC 2140+, Celeron 1200+, Pen D 2.4 or less, any single core less than 2.4 gig though some have reported minor playability with 3600+ Athalon 64 (2.3 gig)
- GPUS: HD2900Pro or lower, 45xx series or lower, 8500 or lower, 9500 or lower, GT210 or lower, Any AGP Card
SERVER BASED CPUS of at least 2.5 gigs sinle or 2.0 gig Dual or higher have been used to run FFXIV (Xenon, Opteron)but are not listed as to thier limited use in mainstream desktops
Hardware on this list and you are still having issues?
- UPDATE YOU DRIVERS OS and GFX
- Turn shadows Low or Off, this will help ten-fold
- Keep an eye on known issues and wait for fixes (gotta hate this one lol)
- Turn off your Anti-virus and Anti-Spyware
- Turn of Xfire or Sli (until they implement this) Anyone know if they activated xfire/sli yet??
- OC (IF YOU ARE COMFORTALBE DOING THIS AND KNOW HOW)
- If this statement occurs, ?I think my system is below par,? it probably is; check the list
- Update Direct X to latest Redistributable version through Windows Update (as of this post DirectX Redist (June 2010))
- No confirmed ability to play with AGP cards as of yet; sorry AGP users.
Any cards/CPUs not listed here and work smoothly, let me know and I will update this list!
now whats the cheapest way to go that route? lol