Need help with claw, charting character stats

Just looking for input on this in general, and for each character specifically.

As stated I’d like to keep discussion for each character in the separate threads I am making in their respective sub forums, and input on the idea in general in the above thread.

Also as stated, despite discussion in this thread being open to anyone it would help me separate the wheat from the chaff if each forum could appoint someone who knows what the hell they are talking about to give me the numbers to plug into my spread sheet.

My garbage numbers for Claw:

U1
Endurance - 2
Reversal ---- 2
AA ------------ 3
Zoning ------- 3.5
Rush --------- 2.5
Mix up -------- 3
Dmg pot ----- 3
Viability ------- 2

U2
Endurance - 2
Reversal ---- 2
AA ------------ 3
Zoning ------- 3.5
Rush --------- 2.5
Mix up -------- 3
Dmg pot ----- 3
Viability ------- 2

Other than the Endurance these are little more than place holder numbers. Input greatly appreciated.

The end result of all of this will be a spreadsheet with pull down menus to compare up to three characters like so:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2461/adonmak.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

U1 + U2
Endurance - 2
Reversal ---- 2
AA ------------ 2
Zoning ------- 3.5
Rush --------- 2.5
Mix up -------- 2.5
Dmg pot ----- 3
Viability ------- 2.5

I agree with everything except rush. That should be 1.5 if you ask me because he doesn’t have A way to force people to not block other than Kara throw. Which is good don’t get me wrong, but doesn’t lead to much damage itself.

NSent from my HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk.

Endurance - 2
Reversal ---- U1 = 0.5 / U2 = 1
AA ------------ 2
Zoning ------- 4
Rush --------- 2.0 (edited down from 2.5)
Mix up -------- 2.5
Dmg pot ----- 3.5
Viability ------- 2.5

really? 2.5? am i missing something about his rushdown game?

2 = Some 50/50 or high low mix up but has trouble getting in.
3 = Same as 2 but no troubles getting in, or excels in one area but can’t get in easily.

Yeah I’d say 2.5. Vega has great walkspeed, the kara throw, and you can consider the izuna vortex part of rushdown too I guess. The distance at which Vega threatens the opponent when rushing them down is farther back than the other characters and you can threaten kara throws constantly. The payoff for a cr.MK is pretty big too, it and st.LK are frame traps. For me, it was a tossup (at first) between 2.0 and 2.5, because Vega certainly doesn’t have the best lockdown tools like normal blockstrings or ways to do like a safe SRK FADC, but he has a respectable amount of tools to put pressure on. His zoning plays into his rushdown and forces the opponent to not press buttons or escape hastily.

If you remember the community tier list, nearly EVERYBODY downplayed their character so that the average of all the matchups was less than even. I’m trying not to be over-modest.

yeah but you cant count mix ups and rush as the same thing.

he doesnt have a blockstring
he has 1 way to open an opponent up
he doesnt have a crossover (i don’t count jHP and wall dives)

mixups i can see as 2.0-2.5. if you’re counting mixups as part of rush then i can agree with you. but outside mixups looking directly at his rushdown game, 1.5 is pretty generous if you ask me

Yeah you’re right, I am counting mixups towards rushdown a bit too much, but IMO it does help Vega repeatably apply pressure and score knockdowns with throws or combos into EX.FBA. I’m lowering my score to 2.0 - I think Vega’s tools warrent it and the Zoning/Mixup/Range/Punishes still factor in strongly enough that it makes the opponent afraid to press buttons or jump away while Vega is on the attack (or the dive). I’m not saying 1.5 isn’t realistic, but it’s a more reserved perspective. Vega is mainly below average in the blockstring department, but can still be played aggressively pretty well.