Need help with stick/button

Hello guys, i have a Made Catz TE and i want to change stick and button parts with fresh one’s but i dont know which one to buy.

I want to buy the best parts available for my TE but like i said i dont know which modells are the best out there.

I would be very thankful if someone could help me, thank you.

Stock TE is the highest quality stick and buttons you can find. The parts are Sanwa, which is what the actual arcade cab uses, and the only reason to switch them out is if you prefer other top brands like Happ or Seimitsu.

Or color.

I see, can you please tell me if you know whats the TE sticks model number is if you know and the button’s too, thanks for the reply.

I’m going to confuse you.

Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK-W.
Sanwa OBSF-30-W.
Sanwa OBSF-24-W.

You asked.

Ok, thank you.

Is this the best sanwa stick or is there a better sanwa stick then this model?

It’s the best Sanwa stick; the only reason you would want to buy new buttons is for different colors. and the buttons are Sanwa OBSF 30’s, and your start and select buttons are OBSF 24’s. Also, your stick shouldn’t be changed at all, only thing you can change is the restrictor gate, and ball top.

It’s the best Sanwa stick; the only reason you would want to buy new buttons is for different colors. and the buttons are Sanwa OBSF 30’s, and your start and select buttons are OBSF 24’s. Also, your stick shouldn’t be changed at all, only thing you can change is the restrictor gate, and ball top.

To confuse you some more.

All Sanwa JLF are the same; some just have different prefixes to show what is added on.

Here the six variations listed in Sanwa Catalog ('07~'08):
JLF-TP-8 is Base JLF.
JLF-TP-8Y is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90.
JLF-TP-8T is Base JLF with JLF-P-1 (Flat Mounting Plate).
JLF-TP-8YT is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90 with JLF-P-1 (Flat Mounting Plate).
JLF-TP-8S is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90 with JLF-P-1S (S Mounting Plate).
JLF-TP-8Y-SK is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90 with JLF-CD (Shaft Cover).

Of course other variations can be done too:
JLF-TP-8-SK, JLF-TP-8T-SK, JLF-TP-8S-SK, JLF-TP-8YT-SK.

I’ll just add this for completeness, since it is JLF:
JLF-TM-8 can do; JLF-TM-8T, JLF-TM-8T-SK, JLF-TM-8S, JLF-TM-8S-SK.

Which restrictor gate is the best then?

The one that you already have.

It is my opinion that your time is far better spent practicing on the TE than it is finding ways to modify it.

For me to be able to practice on my TE i need a working stick, thats why im asking for help since i need to replace the stick and i didnt know what model the stick was.

Than the real question would be what exactly is the problem with the joystick?

If you can figure that out then you can just replace the specific part of the joystick that is causing the issue instead of buying an entirely new stick.

If you have owned the TE for a while and it has begun dropping inputs because it is completely worn out from heavy use, than I can understand why you would replace all of the parts, but it’s only been a year since these sticks came out.

You never said they were broken…you said you wanted “fresh” parts which is instant What-the-fuck-is-this-guy-doing signal to all the people in tech talk.

If the stick is broken then either order a new JLF or a PCB/microswitch. If the buttons are broken (doubt they are) then order new buttons. Just know that if you seem to believe your top of the line Sanwa buttons are anything less than fresh it’s because they are probably broken in. If you buy new buttons they will feel just like the ones you have now in no time.

My TE is around 8 months old and i dont know if its becouse of my gaming but the stick dont respond like before.

Sorry for my english.

Sorry for me being not clear enough my fault, but i thougt since im gonna order a new stick i thought i could aswell order buttons too, but like i said before i didnt know the model name on the stick and the buttons.